Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Koubu Pilot

Re: Do You Think DCA Will Ever Stay Open Until Midnight?

There's one variable no one has mentioned: Where will the Electrical Parade go when WDW is done with it and ready to bring back Spectromagic? The parade route is a mess right now, but that changes next year. The park will be able to host parades again at that point. If the parade returns to DCA, the CMs will now have to manage a nighttime parade along with World of Color. The night dance parties are very popular and bring in food and merchandise sales, so that has to be taken into account.

It will be interesting to see how Disney further develops DCA beyond Carsland as the park is clearly gaining popularity amidst the construction walls.

• Banned User

This probably belongs into a seperate thread but I dont see how MSEP will return to DCA at this point. Like you said, the parade route is crazy at night with everyone waiting for WOC now. They block off the entire area of PP where WOC is shown, have lines in front of the restaurant for the show and since WOC mania starts from 7 pm until the last show ends after 10, I dont see how a parade could ever be put on during that time.

The ONLY way I could see it working is if they reduce it to one WOC show and then maybe the parade a few hours before or a few hours after it. But again, the only way that can happen is if the park stays open past 10 in the summer since it doesnt even get dark until 8:30, so you will still need a few hours between the parade and WOC to make it work logistically.

But if there was somehow a way to do it and not be complete chaos every night lol, that would be great. Then DL will have F! and the fireworks and DCA will have WOC and MSEP. That would be a nice balance.

• Banned User

The way DCA is going lately? it will be open later than Disneyland in a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    IOn top of that, I read now TLM WILL close during WOC shows (but open inbetween for like 30 mins or something). I think they can still do two WOC shows and open up TLM after the second show until closing. It sucks that the ride will basically be down at 8:00 in its first summer IF thats true.
    Wait, hold on, WHAT?!

Can somebody confirm this because if this is true I'm going to to find Steve Davidson and give him a smack for being such a diva.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Wait, hold on, WHAT?!

Can somebody confirm this because if this is true I'm going to to find Steve Davidson and give him a smack for being such a diva.
    Well I read it in the WOC sticky thread. Its on the last page. ForbiddenEye reported it and he was told this through a security CM. Who knows if its really true, but he made it sound like it was a foregone conclusion. And the reasoning isnt because of TLM lighting or noise issues, its because of the line control.

So IF thats true, that makes sense. And looking at your pictures where TLM line was LITTERALLY in Paradise Park, that does tell me how chaotic it might be if they have large lines and the WOC lines (and probably another reason why I cant see MSEP happening...that entire area is now one big land mine). I thought the inside queue would be big enough to hold crowds up to 2 hours but I guess not.

So who knows, it might just be tempoary until the lines calm down for the ride and in the future wont be an issue to keep it open.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by worlddisney View Post
    so agree!! And remember we still not sure what cct will have. We know it will be a restaurant, but there might be a bar/lounge just for drinks. Pgg area will have drink options as well. Wouldnt it be great to be able to sit around in places like those along with wine in trattoria restaurant and cove bar where you can have some nice drinks until midnight and just enjoy the night? I'm guessing the 4 of those will be some nice places to sit and relax at night. Thats another thing that can set this park apart from dl, the more grown up atmosphere at night.
    this x10!

Well I read it in the WOC sticky thread. Its on the last page. ForbiddenEye reported it and he was told this through a security CM. Who knows if its really true, but he made it sound like it was a foregone conclusion. And the reasoning isnt because of TLM lighting or noise issues, its because of the line control.

So IF thats true, that makes sense. And looking at your pictures where TLM line was LITTERALLY in Paradise Park, that does tell me how chaotic it might be if they have large lines and the WOC lines (and probably another reason why I cant see MSEP happening...that entire area is now one big land mine). I thought the inside queue would be big enough to hold crowds up to 2 hours but I guess not.

So who knows, it might just be tempoary until the lines calm down for the ride and in the future wont be an issue to keep it open.
    To be fair, the line actually changed a great deal today. First they had the extended right queue open, then they closed it, opting for the Paradise Park instead. Then they decided to change that again around 1:30 PM and extend it all the way to Corn Dog Castle. After reopening, it was back to Paradise Park.

So clearly they have options. I don't see why they can't just adjust for WOC?

• Banned User

And I can't either, but this is what he was told! Who knows, maybe they are just being extra cautious for now. But can you imagine trying to control a 2+ hour at night while you have Paradise Park area blocked off making it a pain for regular guest to get to and from the ride AND have to contain the WOC line as well? I mean, it sounds like a mess on paper, I dont want to imagine it in reality?

But I guess we'll know if its true in a few days. And if the lines arent going to be the nightmare as they think it could be, they might reconsider anyway. Look what happened to TSM. They shut it down in the beginning, but after a few weeks they opened it all night.

Personnally I hate it too! This ride SHOULD be open, especially the first summer, but I can understand if the line issues are too much.

According to Mouse Wait, the ride stayed opened tonight through both WOC shows with a 90+ minute wait. They extended all the way to SSS!!!

So... yeah I guess it will stay open.

• Banned User

Thats good news! Could be a test run to see how things shape up! Of course they can STILL close the line beginning June 3rd when they expect an onslaught of people coming, but if its 90 min line, stayed open for both shows....and no one died, thats a good sign!

• Future Indy Castmember

And I can't either, but this is what he was told! Who knows, maybe they are just being extra cautious for now. But can you imagine trying to control a 2+ hour at night while you have Paradise Park area blocked off making it a pain for regular guest to get to and from the ride AND have to contain the WOC line as well? I mean, it sounds like a mess on paper, I dont want to imagine it in reality?

But I guess we'll know if its true in a few days. And if the lines arent going to be the nightmare as they think it could be, they might reconsider anyway. Look what happened to TSM. They shut it down in the beginning, but after a few weeks they opened it all night.

Personnally I hate it too! This ride SHOULD be open, especially the first summer, but I can understand if the line issues are too much.
    Yeah, thats what I was told and was likley one of the plans. But it was reported that it stayed open during WoC tonight, so they must've came up with a plan to deal with the line throughout the WoC hours.

And like WorldDisney said, TSMM was closed for WoC as well when the show debuted, and now its open during the show. If that can happen, it can happen again for TLM. But we'll see their final decision on Friday.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

DCA is only open for twelve hours but DL is open for eight-teen, I think that's right, but with Cars Land coming up it'll probably be open till eleven not midnight.

• Retired

Bottom line is if they can make money staying open till midnight they will. They are not overly concerned how bad people have it getting back to their cars. They are in business to make money, and if they can make it staying open late they will. If they can't make money staying open late, they wont.

It's that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    There's one variable no one has mentioned: Where will the Electrical Parade go when WDW is done with it and ready to bring back Spectromagic? The parade route is a mess right now, but that changes next year. The park will be able to host parades again at that point. If the parade returns to DCA, the CMs will now have to manage a nighttime parade along with World of Color. The night dance parties are very popular and bring in food and merchandise sales, so that has to be taken into account.

It will be interesting to see how Disney further develops DCA beyond Carsland as the park is clearly gaining popularity amidst the construction walls.
    Is it even possible to have both with the lines for the stand-by for world of color? Ive seen the electric parade many times at DCA, but we always sat down at the very end of the parade right across from the premiere viewing spot. Where did the parade begin? I ask because when we left the 900 showing of WOC the line for the 1030 was a mess, huge line massive crowd going from the pier area all the way down past the tratoria, etc...so it would have to be rerouted in some way I would assume?

---------- Post added 07-20-2011 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think it would be cool if it stayed open until 1 eventually. DCA is going to be a really cool park at night, it'd be cool if it always had a late WoC show. Plus it would be better if they don't close at the same time to prevent crowding of the trams.
    Ive heard that certain days/times there is a 3rd showing or "midnight show" of World of Color. I heard a CM talking that she did the "midnight show" the previous evening, this was about 3 weeks ago, but I assume even with a 10:30 show, the rest of the park is shutdown?

My disneyland youth, family trips, etc...was from the late 1970's to the early 1990's - then take about a decade off and now start to bring my own family, kids, etc...it is much different and the biggest difference is the nights. In my youth, the nights were awesome, the park would clear out and you basically had your run of the place, very peaceful, I loved it. Now...I loathe the nights. Part of the park is closed, part of the park is a show area (Fantasmic) and the rest is complete gridlock because youve taken an already overly crowded park and cut part of off.

To those who remember the old nights, you probably say "keep it open til midnight, even if there are no shows"...not to say get rid of the shows, but even when they are dark during certain times, keep the park open. The powers that be, probably dont want the park open, staffed, running energy, etc...if its not packed to the gills.

• Seeker of Fun

I'm curious if it will stay open late as well. However, I'm still a little skeptical about DCA having enough of a draw to keep people in when so much is closed during WOC.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast