Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hedonist

Re: How Much Do You Pay For "Ambience"?

About $350.00

Or that's the most I've ever spent on a meal for two that I thought worth every penny. But here's what I got for that
    • Excellent food expertly prepared (for that always is of primary importance). Before dinning the chef interviewed us for our various likes and dislikes and then prepared a customized 9 course meal
    • Superb Service - The wait staff was choreographed, water poured in unison, courses arriving on time with a waiter describing the entrée and it's preparation
    • Ambiance - Each course was served with china and utensils selected to match the entrée, Versache Tea cups for the soup course, a sashimi salad served resting in a small fish bowl complete with a Beta fish, mother of pearl spoons for the caviar. The restaurant itself was contemporary swank, with a bar/ante-room filled with contemporary art works.
    • The Little Extra - as we left, we were presented with a hand calligraphied menu describing each course of our meal, we were also given little treats to take home to have with our morning coffee
    On the Disney side, I probably paid a little less than that for an excellent meal at the California Grill at Disneyland Paris, but then I split a 300€ bottle of Champagne with two other friends.

• See you there!

On the Blue Bayou - French Market Place debate...

When I went to Blue Bayou, I usually went for dinner and had Prime Rib or the like. If I went for lunch I would have the Prime Rib or a Portabello Mushroom Sandwich. So to me the price of Jumbalaya at BB or FMP really didn't matter. I usually try to get something at (wherever I am) that is a little more special to that place.

CU@DL

Andy

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Here is a great example: Ask any really intense Disney fan if he or she would pay more (lots more) to eat at Club 33? They will beg, borrow and steal for the chance to sit in the legendary restraunt and pay outrageous prices for the foood, which I have been told on multiple occassions by CMs who work at 33, is the same food as Blue Bayou. That being said, I had the most incredible steak, salad, cheese- wine pairing meal at 33 for my twenty first birthday and it came to over 150 per person with extra drinks and the amazing creme brulee and by george it was the best steak I have ever tasted.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I don't think it's the same food as downstairs.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Ambience in DL can be a very special experience.....Ate at Ariel's Grotto over the past weekend, you should have seen the look on Wolfette's face when all the Princess's stopped by our table for a chat, autograph and photo. Some things are just priceless (or at least worth a few bucks more)!!
    the wife and I ate at Ariel's Grotto two weeks age, just the two of us and it was a blast, when the princess's stoped by to talk to us great I got to flirt with a real princess and the wife did not care. I thought the food was very good I had the salmon blt, and one of the other princess gave me a hard time for eating fish in front of Ariel.

Bob

• CM for 4 years!

Uh... the food in Club is INCREDIBLY different than what is served downstairs. Haha, except maybe the creme brulee. They have a completely separate kitchen, which smells nothing like grease or salad or old wet food on the floor. The Club kitchen is something else, usually carrying a smell of seafood.

Yeah... very different.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

In my days at NOMK I can tell you that we rarely, if ever, prepared anything for Club 33. They indeed had their own separate location and crew - and I know for a fact that the quality of the food was far superior to what we were given to work with for "the masses".
    And it seems that it is still that way today.
    Grease, salad, and old wet food on the floor...oh, the memories...(LOL) just add the sound of huge pots being thrown around a small room by the washer guy and I'm back there (where I lost some of my hearing... )
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I pay $1.99 when it's on sale.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    In my days at NOMK I can tell you that we rarely, if ever, prepared anything for Club 33. They indeed had their own separate location and crew - and I know for a fact that the quality of the food was far superior to what we were given to work with for "the masses".
    And it seems that it is still that way today.
    Grease, salad, and old wet food on the floor...oh, the memories...(LOL) just add the sound of huge pots being thrown around a small room by the washer guy and I'm back there (where I lost some of my hearing... )
    Yeesh, I hate having to go back to the steard dish machine. It's soooo loud and dirty and smelly. AND HOT.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12