View Poll Results: Should Disneyland serve only Sweet Poato Fries at the Hungry Bear restaurant?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mmmm, sweet potato fries. Me likey!

13 24.07%
  • Can's stand sweet potato fries. Me wants potato fries!

8 14.81%
  • I like options. Can't we have both?

31 57.41%
  • Fries is fries. I'll eat either one.

2 3.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Sweet Potato Fries... What's your take?

I love Sweet Potato fries. When given the choice between the 2 I almost always choose SP.

Now having said that I think choices are good. Why not serve both?? Heck add in the apple slices or grapes in too. What skin off there back is there to do that?

My guess is this change is part of the Disney effort to go healthy. When they changed the kids menus at WDW people (especially on message boards) went nuts. Most people are used to the changes now.

I tend to go with the "when on vacation eat what you want" philosophy. The thing is many people (myself included) want to eat healthy and it can be harder to find those choices. So why not serve both? My guess is they say you can get regular fries at all the other places in the park, so go do that.

Oh and SP fries are much better with a little honey mustard dipping sauce. They really should serve that with it. It is pretty low fat and low in calories too.

Onion Rings beats French Fries beats Sweet Potato Fries. . . Just my take on it

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

At Hungry Bear at least you can get onion rings as a side. However, for $3.49 you get 4 rings. Big rings, but only 4 of them.
    Mike

• Circle of Ancients

I'd like to have both. And Sweet Potato fries aren't THAT much better for you, they are both fried in fat at the end of the day.

^ Yea the portion size leaves room for want. . . however I did once get 5 rings (5th ring was a dinky one).

• formerly very helpful

At the risk of sounding redundant, and repeating that which has been said before, I love 'em, but why not another choice?
    It really would be an interesting test to see what sells better.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I love sweet potato fries, but I think you should be able to pick which one you want with your meal. Given a choice, I would take the sweet potato ones most of the time, but options are always welcome.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    ... I love 'em, but why not another choice?
    It really would be an interesting test to see what sells better.
    I think you would see the SPF sell better at first, but I also think that the regualr fries would sell better in the long run.

Regarding what's healthier: I'm pretty much done with all the "help" that folks are extending regarding my dietary needs. Having the option to eat healthy is great and I applaud Disney's efforts at helping others help themselves, but I expect that I'll be able to order regular french fries with my Hungry Bear chili cheeseburger with/onion ring. Heck I already know the burger is definately not a healthy option, so at that point what do I care about the fries? I'm eating this crap food because it tastes good (or it's supposed too) not because I want to be healthy. Alot of us visiting Disneyland are on vacation... even from our diets.

*First one to say something along the lines of "...and it shows,Charlie" gets a wet willie.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Huge fan of sweet potato fries here, and given the choice, I would choose them over regular fries anyday. But, that being said, I think they should have both fries to choose from since so many people are not fans of sweet potato fries.

• I'm wishing

I went there with a friend a few weeks ago, specifically to try things out. I was shocked that I kinda liked the sweet potato fries because I HATE sweet potatos! However, the fried green tomato sandwich was not for me at all, couldn't stand it, but I don't like peppers, so I guess I should have known...

So, give me options, once in a while I might even choose the sp fries.

Oh great, Charlie made me hungry, now I'm thinking about a yummy chili cheese burger with fries or onion rings!!!!

• Indy's Faithful Friend

As many have said, options are always nice. I don't mind the sweet potato fries but still have a preference for the regular fries. I know some who don't like the sweet potato fries at all which makes eating at Hungry Bear less appealing for them. The restaurant should offer both kinds.

No mattter what happens, rest assured, we will all enjoy the onion rings.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I've never tried them, but I would sure like to. It is nice when there are choices!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

A family member tried them at Hungrey Bear and said basicly they were gross, soggy, etc. and this person actually likes sweet potato fries BUT NOT AT Hungry Bear. As for me, the meal is expensive enough to take that risk with the S.P. Fries. I won't buy a meal there until they offer the real deal...please bring back regular fries.

It's like going to the county fair...Bring on the junk food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Banned User

I love sweet potato fries! I dont understand how people dont like them, all great restaurants serve them and they are much healthier for you...I guess some people dont like to try new things. Its a matter of personal taste I guess too, but for me they are more savory and hearty than those dry potato straws we used to get...as for hungry bear SP fries, I've gotten fresh, fluffy crisp ones in the morning and soggy ones towards mid-day...just depends, but when theyre good theyre good =0) when in doubt at Hungry Bear get the Onion Rings

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I think you would see the SPF sell better at first, but I also think that the regualr fries would sell better in the long run.

Regarding what's healthier: I'm pretty much done with all the "help" that folks are extending regarding my dietary needs. Having the option to eat healthy is great and I applaud Disney's efforts at helping others help themselves, but I expect that I'll be able to order regular french fries with my Hungry Bear chili cheeseburger with/onion ring. Heck I already know the burger is definately not a healthy option, so at that point what do I care about the fries? I'm eating this crap food because it tastes good (or it's supposed too) not because I want to be healthy. Alot of us visiting Disneyland are on vacation... even from our diets.

*First one to say something along the lines of "...and it shows,Charlie" gets a wet willie.
    Healthy? They're deep fried in fat. How healthy is anything deep fried in fat?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast