View Poll Results: Which of these top ideas did you like best?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission: SPACE

18 24.32%
  • Indiana Jones

10 13.51%
  • DINOSAUR

6 8.11%
  • Mickey's Philharmagic

9 12.16%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

15 20.27%
  • New Paradise Pier Rides

11 14.86%
  • Winnie the Pooh

5 6.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: New Attractions for the Future of Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post

Disneyland
    - Complete overhaul of the Winnie the Pooh ride to compete with Tokyo's version
    Excellent! Although I do wonder if a CountryBeartopia type attraction with guests driving miniature jalopys overland thru Bear Country in a race might be even better? {think autopia meets Country Bear Jamboree meets Mr. Toads Wild Ride}

- Mission: SPACE to replace Innoventions
    Not a bad idea. How about a more advanced version though? Something with better video and a queue that doesn't short sell the experience as a "simulator" ride. More -immersion- than the EPCOT -version- would be my mantra here

- Updated PeopleMover
    YES! Maybe with a choice of destinations such as Small World Plaza and a new Tomorrowland Hotel(across Harbor where Hojo's is) ?

- Maxing out the "thrill factor" on Indiana Jones (with new snake, more realistic bugs, a more believeable collapsing bridge, a photo op at the boulder, and on-ride effects)
    Good, I like all of these ideas

- Mickey's Philharmagic to replace Muppet Vision 3D
    No thank you..... 3-D is so yersterday. I can see better at my local XD equipped theater. How about a Great --Muppet-- Movie Ride. Similar to the Great Movie Ride in Orlando but done Muppet style?

- The Great Movie Ride to be in the ex-Millionaire facility
    See above

- Redo of the Hollywood sets into a whole building reminiscent of an early Disney Studios
    That works for me.

- Redo of Monsters, Inc. facade into a transport station (i.e. L.A. Union Station)
    Ok, that's good.

- Redo the Animation facade to something similar to the one at Hollywood Studios
    Maybe, but only if it works with the rest of the street.

- DINOSAUR to replace the current home of Flynn's Arcade, in an enormous expansion of the building to house the attraction, as well as a new storyline to fit the area, while still retaining the main mission to save the iguanodon
    Ok, but I'd rather see something completely new......if I want to see DisneyWorld attractions, I'd go to Disneyworld.

- Country Bear Jamboree to be placed in Golden State-Grizzly Peak area
    See my idea about CBJ above

- New monorail station in Condor Flats
    EXCELLENT! They should of done this on opening day.

- Retheme California Screamin' and Carousel to fit the theme of the area
    Ok.

- New attractions for the helixed areas of Screamin' (in Maliboomer's place or alongside the exit for Screamin')
    How about a Skyway station to take people back and forth to the Paradise Hotel across the Street?

Lots of good ideas DM....
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 06-06-2011 at 03:50 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    Well, that's the point of having the time machine being a so-called prop. It would actually be a real time machine by a real scientist who would've been thoguht of as just another Hollywood prop man. I might as well do a script if you want to see what I mean.
    The thing is, the movie-making aspect is kind of a weak justification. Not to mention Dinosaur's hardly a current or relevant film for the park.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Keepin' it calsteady

I voted for Indy improvements. While I am an avid recycler, I'm not a fan of extending it to Disneyland rides so the other ideas don't do much for me.

• Nutty about Disney parks

This is gonna sound weird but did anyone notice that if you were to move King Triton's Carousel over to where Golden Zephyr is located you would yourselves a mini-land area themed to "The Little Mermaid" w/ the carousel, Jumpin Jellyfish, and TLM: AUA all within footsteps of each other? Everything on that side of the pier would be beach-themed (except for GSS of course) and the other side would be carny themed.

Just given you all a little something to chew on.

Anyway Paradise Pier has more than enough attractions. I would like to see a new ride added either in Golden State or in Hollywoodland. But not GMR. It needs to be something new and of a C-level ticket or higher.

A redo of the Pooh ride would get more people to visit the tucked corner of the park so I vote for this as well. I think the whole area could be rethemed to be an immersive mini-Pooh land more in line with the actual films. I'm not the biggest fan of Pooh but it might work. You never know.

• Minion

Plus removing Zephyr, nice as it is, would solve the operational issue of it closing whenever there's the slightest breeze.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    replace Monster Inc with a Dark Ride based off the "Goofy Movie"
    I love this idea.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    He just said to help in the effort to re-introduce Oswald to the public. Epic Mickey is just the start of it, it's not all they're planning to do.
    Exactly! Oswald is such an unknown character! Before Epic Mickey he was not very well known by anyone except for avid Disney fans. When Epic Mickey came out my little brother fell in love with the funny miscevious little rabbit and I guarantee Disney does not want to let the market of this chracter fade away again. An attraction, as apposed to the shop that will bare his name, will be a great move for marketing. If Disney does not come out with an Oswald movie/ TV show in the next few years I will be shocked. And what better way to help increase popularity of a character than to include him in a ride. Not to mention he would fit perfectly into the theme.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    This is gonna sound weird but did anyone notice that if you were to move King Triton's Carousel over to where Golden Zephyr is located you would yourselves a mini-land area themed to "The Little Mermaid" w/ the carousel, Jumpin Jellyfish, and TLM: AUA all within footsteps of each other? Everything on that side of the pier would be beach-themed (except for GSS of course) and the other side would be carny themed.

Just given you all a little something to chew on.
    I mentioned moving it to the hub at the entrance to PP but this would work as well and would get rid of one of my least favorite Disney rides ever The Zepher...

• Artistic integrity

" Disneyland
    - Complete overhaul of the Winnie the Pooh ride to compete with Tokyo's version "

I think one of California's state mandates says something to the effect of - The trackless technology in Tokyo won't be permitted here. Has to be ride systems on an actual track.

" - Mission: SPACE to replace Innoventions "

There is where you are going to hate me. More clones? Can each park has some originality? Besides which .. I have listed a plethora of logical reasons why Mission:Space would be wrong. It's caused some of the most sicknesses and a couple deaths. It's too large. It's not family oriented enough. Etc.

" - Updated PeopleMover "

What goes up on those tracks with cal/OSHA, and other state agencies .. watching closely .. It will be a miracle if ANYTHING is built on it .. this decade.

" - Maxing out the "thrill factor" on Indiana Jones (with new snake, more realistic bugs, a more believeable collapsing bridge, a photo op at the boulder, and on-ride effects) "

If they can just fix what is broken would be nice! I just recently rode it, and was shocked how many effects are not working.

" California Adventure (get ready for an explosion of ideas)
    - Mickey's Philharmagic to replace Muppet Vision 3D "

More of that unpopular "C" word? Cloning. More attractions that require 3D glasses? ANOTHER film based attraction? Very simply ... nah! (Trying to be facetious in a comical way.) :~)

" - The Great Movie Ride to be in the ex-Millionaire facility "
    If you compared the Great Movie Ride's showbuilding size .. to the size of the Millionaire soundstage .... you'll realize very fast .. there's simply not enough room for it.

" - Redo of the Hollywood sets into a whole building reminiscent of an early Disney Studios
    - Redo of Monsters, Inc. facade into a transport station (i.e. L.A. Union Station)
    - Redo the Animation facade to something similar to the one at Hollywood Studios "

All for that idea / ideas. And I think that's the plan - Come Phase 2.

" - DINOSAUR to replace the current home of Flynn's Arcade, in an enormous expansion of the building to house the attraction, as well as a new storyline to fit the area, while still retaining the main mission to save the iguanodon "

Another clone!! I don't know about other people .. but I"m a bit over it the dinosaurs in general. Universal's "Jurasic Park" franchise, theme park attractions .. have burnt out the whole concept for me. It's time for the fad to fade away into a corner closet, close the door .. and not come out again for a couple decades! Not to mention .. Indy is the same ride system. I little redundant.

" - Country Bear Jamboree to be placed in Golden State-Grizzly Peak area "
    This has come up often here on Micechat. It's a popular idea. But I really think Disney has put the "Country Bears" to rest. Like .. permanently!

" - New monorail station in Condor Flats "
    Condor flats is rumored to get a "forested" retheming. A concrete, metal Monorail station ain't gonna work very well with it's proposed new theming. Besides which .... just about another 100 yards is the DtD station. I can't see them having 2 stations so close in proximity to each other.

" - Retheme California Screamin' and Carousel to fit the theme of the area
    - New attractions for the helixed areas of Screamin' (in Maliboomer's place or alongside the exit for Screamin') "

All rumored for "Phase 2" of DCA's massive makeover. I want to see a cool queue building for Screamin'. Here's hoping!!

"
    - Small change to Little Mermaid ride ending to show Ursula's true evil and defeat (she seems like a good guy in the ride, and then dies for no reason) "

I'm in agreement with you. The Little Mermaid's layout is just a bit too short .. and some scenes not fleshed out as well as they should. A bit forced, rushed, and truncated.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 06-07-2011 at 01:30 AM.

• Banned User

[QUOTE=DisneylandMaster;1056547251]So, with WDW behind me, and back at DL, i figure that a few changes can be made to the resort with a "WDW to DL" transfer, as well as a few other things. Here's a list of new attractions for each park below. Bolded ideas include the biggest of the big ideas.

Disneyland
    - Complete overhaul of the Winnie the Pooh ride to compete with Tokyo's version
    - Mission: SPACE to replace Innoventions
    - Updated PeopleMover
    - Maxing out the "thrill factor" on Indiana Jones (with new snake, more realistic bugs, a more believeable collapsing bridge, a photo op at the boulder, and on-ride effects)
    TDL Pooh would be a no-brainer, but we know even they can do it, money wise they probably never will. I can ride that ride again and again. DL Pooh, I avoid it again and again.

Havent been on Mission Space yet and it would clearly fit into TL and would be perfect for Innoventions, but it sounds like people have mixed feelings about and the ride sounded so costly with more negative reviews than positive, I dont see the company cloning it anywhere. But would take it over Innoventions any day.

Not into the PM idea at all! It was fine for its time, but just feel too outdated now. And no point of bringing back a dead attraction. But it would be nice to see SOMTHING on the tracks, but story based IMO.

Indiana Jones is another no-brainer. Look at ST 2, an updated ride from a previous popular just became popular again. Of course Indy IS popular still, but a nice revamp would get people to love it and go again and again. And yes, TDS actually has the photo op at the boulder element. In fact, I bought two of them with me in it . I still have no idea how they can just let another revenue stream go unnoticed unless because of the age of phone cameras, few people even buy it anymore.

California Adventure (get ready for an explosion of ideas)
    - Mickey's Philharmagic to replace Muppet Vision 3D
    - The Great Movie Ride to be in the ex-Millionaire facility
    - Redo of the Hollywood sets into a whole building reminiscent of an early Disney Studios
    - Redo the Animation facade to something similar to the one at Hollywood Studios
    - DINOSAUR to replace the current home of Flynn's Arcade, in an enormous expansion of the building to house the attraction, as well as a new storyline to fit the area, while still retaining the main mission to save the iguanodon
    - Country Bear Jamboree to be placed in Golden State-Grizzly Peak area
    - New monorail station in Condor Flats
    - Retheme California Screamin' and Carousel to fit the theme of the area
    - New attractions for the helixed areas of Screamin' (in Maliboomer's place or alongside the exit for Screamin')
    - Small change to Little Mermaid ride ending to show Ursula's true evil and defeat (she seems like a good guy in the ride, and then dies for no reason)

Others mentioned it, but Philharmagic was going to replace Muppet 4D in the expansion. Couldnt fit without overhauling the entire building, so was scrapped!

GMR in Millionaire, another no-brainer! But a more updated one and maybe even smaller in scale. I doubt the Millionaire building is big enough to hold the original. But if they can do it sure.

Redo of Hollywood sets IS a possibility that will happen in the next phase, but have to see. Hyperion is rumored to get the change at least.

MI should get a facade to match the area better. Dont know why they do it the first time. It SERIOUSLY sticks out of place for a Hollywood themed ride...but so does the ride lol.

I actually like the Animation building facade. Fits more as a real building to me and the archtecture is actually one of the best in the park...or at least it use to be before all the changes.

Can't agree with Dinosaur. While it doesnt fit the theme, and read your new angle but still doesnt much, the ride is just not that great. A serious update would be needed but as others said it feels too much like Indy and waaaay too big to fit there.

CBJ would be nice, but like I said, dont believe in bringing back dead attractions. They are usually gone for a reason, people stopped going. Although sure an updated version would be cool, but itll never happen either way.

New monorail stop would be nice, but it would be a logistical nightmare to have it stop in DCA. And plus it feel too short, slow down the monorail even MORE! Most would be better off walking between parks. Half the time I can get to DTD than the monorail when its just one or something.

Agree about CS queue retheming and might happen one day.

New ride in helix probably will happen too! Most think thats the plan for it anyway.

TLM ending doesnt bother me at all, but I cant object to a ending scene of her fighting and dying like in the movie. Would make a better balance in the story at least. But yeah, dont count on that obviously. The designers feels its not important and if they did include it it would be admitting they screwd up in some way.

But most I agreed with! None of these are 'bad' ideas though, but some may not fit the theme as strongly or been ruled out long ago to ever happen. The few that havent or even may happen would increase the attractiveness of the park.

I'm all for a Pooh makeover.......

But Mission Space in RRPP/HISTA is a good idea...... Move RRPP over to the current Starcade area - but MS has some liability issues - doesn't it....?

Movie Ride where Monsters Inc. is another good idea - using the Hollywood ideal in a constrained space makes sense to me as far as theming goes.......

There you go, remodelled Pooh (trackless), MS where Innovations/RRPP/HISTA is, RRPP moved to Starcade and Movie Ride moved to Monsters........

Logistically doable without closing entire lands to guests............. perfect? NO........ Doable, yes.......

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Most of what I see here is a transplanting of attractions from elsewhere in Disney. I think it would be a much smarter investment to create new experiences for the park. Anyone can play mix-n-match with the entire worldwide repertoire of Disney attractions, but making up new things for us to enjoy is what sets the Disney Imagineers apart from everyone else.

That said, your suggestions also part with the announced plans for those listed areas, especially the Hollywood Pictures Backlot which is set to become Hollywoodland, a representation of the real LA from the early century. Also, because Dinosaur is the exact same layout and technology as Indy, it seems redundant (especially because it is inferior).

One last note, I do appreciate your comments about improving some existing attractions, including those on the Pier and Indy. Those changes would for the most part definitely be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Plus removing Zephyr, nice as it is, would solve the operational issue of it closing whenever there's the slightest breeze.
    I don't see why they should remove it for that reason. What they should do is move the Zephyr to approximately where the carousel is and then move the carousel into the Western helix. The Zephyr spinning just off to the side of the loop would add a lot of kinetic energy to the pier giving it a much denser, busier and more appealing look. That way too, you open up the waterfront a bit for something else. I also wish that either the Jumping Jellyfish, or a shorter version of them could have been Incorporated into TLM so that the original JJ could be removed. Creating a denser park is the only way to get the ride count up, and these are more creative ways of doing just that in my opinion.
    Last edited by Trevor; 06-07-2011 at 03:30 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

I don't see why they should remove it for that reason. What they should do is move the Zephyr to approximately where the carousel is and then move the carousel into the Western helix. The Zephyr spinning just off to the side of the loop would add a lot of kinetic energy to the pier giving it a much denser, busier and more appealing look. That way too, you open up the waterfront a bit for something else. I also wish that either the Jumping Jellyfish, or a shorter version of them could have been Incorporated into TLM so that the original JJ could be removed. Creating a denser park is the only way to get the ride count up, and these are more creative ways of doing just that in my opinion.
    I'd be up for that, don't think Disney would put the money to move a non popular ride somewhere else but if they were willing to then I think this would help make that side of the Pier come more to life

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I think they would be less likely to move a popular one. Not to say though that the Zephyr is unpopular, because it was never designed to be a headliner and does its part adding to the authenticity of the pier.

• Insomniac

I have always hated the Zepher but I would be much happier if it were just moved to another location. I don't like how it's placed it kind of forces you to look at it when it's not something particularly ascetically pleasing. This ride does not bother me near as much as it did before DCA phase 2 and I can now see it becoming a minor part of the area but it would definitely help if it were moved.

And as for the closing due to winds, the only time I ever waited in line for this was my first trip to DCA and after waiting for 25 minutes the wind picked up and they closed it the rest of the day. That pretty much ruined this ride for me (and the fact that spinning makes me lose my lunch).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast