View Poll Results: Which of these top ideas did you like best?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission: SPACE

18 24.32%
  • Indiana Jones

10 13.51%
  • DINOSAUR

6 8.11%
  • Mickey's Philharmagic

9 12.16%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

15 20.27%
  • New Paradise Pier Rides

11 14.86%
  • Winnie the Pooh

5 6.76%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Daughter of a DL worker

Re: New Attractions for the Future of Disneyland Resort

I'm a teenager, I went on Country Bear Jamboree once, but I remember it even though it's not at DL anymore. My little sister never got to see it, so I hope it comes back. They are changing California Adventure so much already.

The Indiana Jones thing would be cool, but no picture cuz there are too many people in the truck.

One person died on the peoplemover, and now the track is still there, they should put it back.

You don't need to compete with Tokyo on a kiddie ride, cuz DL was the first park and that's good enough.

"Disneyland will never be completed"

• Minion

I'd love to see a major new attraction in Critter Country instead of Pooh, even if they have to locate the show building outside the berm. Hopefully something else using the trackless technology. If not Pooh's Hunny Hunt, I'd be happy with a Jungle Book attraction.

Also the trackless might be very suitable for a Mary Poppins attraction where Princess Fantasy Faire is now.

I'd be happy with a new Carousel of Progress instead of Innoventions, with new shows about yesterday's today's and tomorrow's technology.

I'd like to see a WALL-E attraction, possibly where Buzz Lightyear is now. WALL-E is a good film, it won an Oscar, the characters are good enough to build an attraction around. Tomorrowland needs a new master plan. And a new Adventure thru Inner Space as a quality D-ticket level attraction.

As I've posted before I would take the entire water area, from the Submarines north to Small World, and make that a new land with an oceanic theme. Volcano at the northeast corner with a thrill ride in it. I would also move Autopia over to Carsland and intertwine it with the other attractions there.

Frontierland also needs a new master plan and new attractions. I'd be happy with Western River Expedition and a small mining camp with a dig-for-gems pit for the kids. Rebuild Fort Wilderness bring the Keel Boats back.

Philharmagic would be a nice addition to DCA.

I love the Mine Train idea in the Redwood Creek area, and don't forget to include my beloved Rainbow Caverns.

I hope they will just make it all one park, instead of 2 parks, and drop the necessity for a California theme in every land of the south park. Then they could have the Monorail stop in the south park and even extend the PeopleMover track to the south park as well.

The people who are "punished" by having it 2 separate parks are the people who buy 1-day tickets to 1 park, and they are the ones paying the most per day - $80 for one park in one day. Why punish them? Give them both parks already.

• Disney Fan & Musician

I would honestly love a new Pooh attraction. If the new movie does well, you never know what could be in the works. A few plusses to the current attraction would even be nice.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

^ ThemeParkOne on Twitter has said that if the Winnie the Pooh film does well, Imagineering has a plan to upgrade and add to the existing attraction! I sure hope it comes true as the new film looks very very good.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It looks as though it will keep the same charm and style as the first.

• Disgruntled Former CM

I would be all for adding some NEW Attractions for the Future of Disneyland Resort...

Distintive, themed, cutting edge Imagineered Attractions that are Unique and Distintive to the Disneyland Resort.

- not transplants of Walt Disney World attractions (that are 20 years old...)
    - not "retreads" of attractions brought from other Disney Theme Parks
    - not "resurrecting" Disneyland classics that were moth-balled *
    - not "off the shelf" carnival rides with a Disney-themed overlay slapped on

* poor decisions were made; several attractions were closed to "make way" for new rides - often prematurely. We need to learn from these mistakes, and move on. Pooh alone closed two classic attractions (the Country Bear Jamboree in Disneyland, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in WDW), and neither "new" ride has (a) the charm of the old attraction, nor (b) the thrill and distinction of the Tokyo Disneyland version. Learn, ReBoot, Move Forward.

Each Park / Resort should have unique attractions to make it distinctive from the other Parks; this "Cookie Cutter Mentality" really needs to be kept to a minimum...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    ^ ThemeParkOne on Twitter has said that if the Winnie the Pooh film does well, Imagineering has a plan to upgrade and add to the existing attraction! I sure hope it comes true as the new film looks very very good.
    Really I fail to see why everyone puts so much faith in a Twitter source that was banned from micechat. He was obviously banned for a reason so that is a mark against credibility in my book.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Really I fail to see why everyone puts so much faith in a Twitter source that was banned from micechat. He was obviously banned for a reason so that is a mark against credibility in my book.
    Even though this discussion has been rehashed 1000000 times, he has been correct numerous times in the past. I don't feel like bringing this whole argument up again so I'll stop now....

• -

Even though this discussion has been rehashed 1000000 times, he has been correct numerous times in the past. I don't feel like bringing this whole argument up again so I'll stop now....
    Really, one million, huh. Are there that many attractions at Disneyland? But seriously, what credentials does this person have other than a supposed track record that could just be a coincidence?
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Really, one million, huh. Are there that many attractions at Disneyland? But seriously, what credentials does this person have other than a supposed track record that could just be a coincidence?
    Is it a coincidence that in January of this year, he told us that Shanghai groundbreaking would take place on April 4th? How about that in March he told us about the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail being rethemed to Up? He has hinted about a lot of stuff for D23. Why don't we just wait and see how many things he gets right?

• -

Is it a coincidence that in January of this year, he told us that Shanghai groundbreaking would take place on April 4th? How about that in March he told us about the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail being rethemed to Up? He has hinted about a lot of stuff for D23. Why don't we just wait and see how many things he gets right?
    Ya lets wait and see. Again I just want to know what this guy's credentials are before I put any stock in what he is saying.
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-12-2011 at 03:44 PM.

• Minion

^ Totally fair!

And I'm looking forward to the Expo! People like TPO and DLR55th on Twitter are saying that big things will be announced this year, but people like Al and some members on here are saying that nothing groundbreaking will be announced. It'll be interesting to see who is right.

• A Happy Haunt

The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

I'd love to see them fix winnie the pooh but I know that will never happen considering the everyday condition they leave our ride in everyday. It was down when splash was down and they didn't fix or paint anything. They just don't care.
    If would like to join our jamboree there's a simple rule that's compulsory. Mortals pay a token fee. Rest in peace, the haunting's free; so hurry back, we would like your company!

• Minion

^ The reason nothing was changed was because the refurb wasn't for Pooh. Earlier this year, Splash and the Hungry Bear went down for refurb. Pooh and its gift shop just wasn't enough draw to keep that area open. So instead of wasting money and running the attraction for a very few people per day, they just closed it until the rest of the land reopened. There was no budget for a Pooh refurb, it was just closed because it would have been a waste of money to keep it open for no people.

Google earthed This (SO DON"T START!!)

If... If..... you took out a bugs land you could easily fit the great-movie ride in and have cathy circle way as the entrance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast