View Poll Results: Which of these top ideas did you like best?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission: SPACE

18 24.32%
  • Indiana Jones

10 13.51%
  • DINOSAUR

6 8.11%
  • Mickey's Philharmagic

9 12.16%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

15 20.27%
  • New Paradise Pier Rides

11 14.86%
  • Winnie the Pooh

5 6.76%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

New Attractions for the Future of Disneyland Resort

So, with WDW behind me, and back at DL, i figure that a few changes can be made to the resort with a "WDW to DL" transfer, as well as a few other things. Here's a list of new attractions for each park below. Bolded ideas include the biggest of the big ideas.

Disneyland
    - Complete overhaul of the Winnie the Pooh ride to compete with Tokyo's version
    - Mission: SPACE to replace Innoventions
    - Updated PeopleMover
    - Maxing out the "thrill factor" on Indiana Jones (with new snake, more realistic bugs, a more believeable collapsing bridge, a photo op at the boulder, and on-ride effects)

California Adventure (get ready for an explosion of ideas)
    - Mickey's Philharmagic to replace Muppet Vision 3D
    - The Great Movie Ride to be in the ex-Millionaire facility
    - Redo of the Hollywood sets into a whole building reminiscent of an early Disney Studios
    - Redo of Monsters, Inc. facade into a transport station (i.e. L.A. Union Station)
    - Redo the Animation facade to something similar to the one at Hollywood Studios
    - DINOSAUR to replace the current home of Flynn's Arcade, in an enormous expansion of the building to house the attraction, as well as a new storyline to fit the area, while still retaining the main mission to save the iguanodon
    - Country Bear Jamboree to be placed in Golden State-Grizzly Peak area
    - New monorail station in Condor Flats
    - Retheme California Screamin' and Carousel to fit the theme of the area
    - New attractions for the helixed areas of Screamin' (in Maliboomer's place or alongside the exit for Screamin')
    - Small change to Little Mermaid ride ending to show Ursula's true evil and defeat (she seems like a good guy in the ride, and then dies for no reason)

So what do you guys think? Post comments and thoughts below!

• Minion

Re: New Attractions for the Future of Disneyland Resort

Read the thread below yours because the OP of that thread and those alike are going to dismantle your ideas.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• -

I like the Country Bear idea a lot. Also, while it would like to see Mission: Space at Disneyland, I think they should put it where Pizza Port is. I would like to reserve Innoventions for Stark Expo.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I like a lot of your ideas, and the Great Movie ride especially would be cool to put in the empty Millionaire show building, but Dinosaur would never fit in the relatively small building the currently has Flynn's arcade, and expanding the building still wouldn't give it enough room.

However the Millionaire building needs a new attraction, it's such a big building and could house a really awesome E-ticket ride!

I like that little play area for kids by GRR, but it would be cool to have Country Bears Jamboree take up a portion of that area, while still leaving the theming and overall look of the area intact.

I go to Disneyland a lot, and after visiting WDW a few years ago, I too saw some of the attractions there and said "Gee, that could fit in Disneyland!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I've always thought the Great Movie ride would fit if you took out Play house Disney, the restrooms and a little of the Animation Building.

Most of your Idea's I agree with 100%....I just want to see a few more things

A Mine Train Ride in the Redwook Creek area
    A Tron Ride using the Harry Potter/Spiderman/Transfomers type tech
    The Western Expansion
    And replace Monster Inc with a Dark Ride based off the "Goofy Movie" heck it even fits theme better, you just end the ride as you get to the Concert in Hollywood

• Minion

Dinosaur doesn't really work in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. I'd much rather have the Great Muppet Movie Ride
    They've already thought about Mickey's Philharmagic in MuppetVision, but it's too big for the space. Besides, I'd prefer to see it in Toontown, give the area something new if they can find the space.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion of Chernabog

Winnie the Pooh overhaul: yes.

Mission Space: do we really need more space themed stuff? Serious theming issues. We can go to light speed over at Star Tours, but we have to go into stasis for a short trip to Mars?

People Mover: Zoning laws mean this would require serious changes. If they ha planned for this and made the necessary changes while Star Tours was down, this would be possible. But they can't very well take down Star Tours to allow for it after the complete overhaul.

Indiana Jones: Needs some TLC, yes.

Philharmagic: Sure, why not. I liked that show fairly well.

Great Movie Ride: Possible, with some creative theming.

Redo of the sets: Why not. No problems with this.

Monsters Inc Facade: FIX IT NOW!

Dinosaur: No, this has nothing to do with the theme. Utterly nothing.

Country Bear Jamboree: Wasn't popular enough to remain in Disneyland, isn't popular enough to bring it back.

New Monorail: Severe logistics issues with having a monorail be able o get into two parks. Where would they check tickets?

Re-theme of Screamin' and carousel: Yes, this needs to be done.

Small change in Little Mermaid: Not gonna happen. Too popular to close it down for a change.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

For DINOSAUR, read the description. I only thought that the storyline could be changed, like people are being put into a movie about dinosaurs, and the so-called "prop time machine" really works, putting them back in time, as well as keeping the main story of saving the dino.

• Minion

the only way I would want country bears to come back is a very updated show as part of a dinner theater! But thats just me! I like mission space as a replacement for Innovations!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Senior Minion

I agree with most of your suggestions for improving existing attractions, but I don't agree with bringing any of the attractions over from WDW. I suppose I wouldn't mind Philharmagic, but apparently WDI has looked at doing that and the theater wasn't going to work.

Also, there's no space for those attractions you suggest in Hollywood Land. To fit one of those attractions you'd need to demo Monsters inc and both the former Millionaire and Hollywood and Dine buildings and use all of that space. Or one could possibly replace Muppets and Millionaire.

But I think the Dinosaur idea is just strange. Why are we supposed to be afraid of the Dinosaurs if it's supposed to be a movie set? If I see Dinosaurs in a Disney park, I want to believe they're real, not movie props.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Insomniac

Double Post...
    Last edited by Bronco21; 06-06-2011 at 11:46 PM.

• Insomniac

I like the idea of philliharmagic replacing muppets but I'd rather see a Mickey-oswald- classic cartoon show (3D or otherwise) I feel that would fit theme better and would help introduce younger audiences to many of the original classic characters that have been forgotten.

Dinosaur would not work and we already have Indiana jones so why would we need another one?...

I for one loved country bear jamboree and would love it to return! if they were to insert some brother bear acts into it just to make it popular enough to stay I think that would work. I think they could put a smaller one theater show in the corner of the rcct and not have to take out any of the rope bridges. That would give more life to that area. It would also allow them to leave the Brother Bear stuff there.

I would like a version of the great movie ride to replace Monsters Inc but have it hosted by Oswald, Mickey, or goofy.

I would like to see the carousel moved to the hub in front of TLM and have another attraction take it's Place.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I like the idea of philliharmagic replacing muppets but I'd rather see a Mickey-oswald- classic cartoon show (3D or otherwise) I feel that would fit theme better and would help introduce younger audiences to many of the original classic characters that have been forgotten.
    But what would be the point of that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    But what would be the point of that?
    He just said to help in the effort to re-introduce Oswald to the public. Epic Mickey is just the start of it, it's not all they're planning to do.

Also, Paradise Pier concept for that Maliboomer space: A spookhouse style Dark Ride inspired by the Mad Doctor, Haunted House and maybe the classic comic strip story Blaggard Castle or an appearance by the original Phantom Blot.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    But I think the Dinosaur idea is just strange. Why are we supposed to be afraid of the Dinosaurs if it's supposed to be a movie set? If I see Dinosaurs in a Disney park, I want to believe they're real, not movie props.
    Well, that's the point of having the time machine being a so-called prop. It would actually be a real time machine by a real scientist who would've been thoguht of as just another Hollywood prop man. I might as well do a script if you want to see what I mean.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast