Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flik's Flyers

Flik's Flyers

In Disney California Adventure, in Flik's Fun Fair, I think that they should make Flik's Flyers higher and more faster, to update A Bug's Land. I understand that it's more of a little kid attraction but it would be nice to have a thrilling ride Bug's Life themed.

• is poppin' tags

Re: Flik's Flyers

Personally, I think they should do away with Bug's Land, the only exception being ITTBAB. I think the arae is bland and has a 'thrown-together' feel to it. It's almost like they just got lazy were like..."hmm. Let's just fill that area with some generic carnival rides and the kids will like it".

I wouldn't mind a cool Bug's Life dark ride....there are rich locations in that movie that could really be fun to see in real life. And if it was fast...that would totally kick booty.
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 06-07-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Just good enough

I could be wrong but I believe A Bug's Land will be gone once the Carsland construction is complete right?
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SpringLok View Post
    In Disney California Adventure, in Flik's Fun Fair, I think that they should make Flik's Flyers higher and more faster, to update A Bug's Land. I understand that it's more of a little kid attraction but it would be nice to have a thrilling ride Bug's Life themed.
    Maybe they can add the over-the-shoulder type of restraints and invert the gondolas while their at it.

In all seriousness, though Bugs Land was added because the park didn't open with enough kid friendly attractions
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

It would be fun to have a higher, faster Flick's Flyers!

A dark ride would also be cool. It would be soo fun to see all the great places in the movie like said.

Perhaps for another ride, there could be a simulator ride were the guests are one of the ants in the bird during that part of the movie.

Bugs land will be intact once Carsland is done. Well, except for the Bountiful Farm area.

• Just good enough

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierlandFan View Post
    It would be fun to have a higher, faster Flick's Flyers!

Bugs land will be intact once Carsland is done. Well, except for the Bountiful Farm area.
    Ah, thanks for clarification, I could have sworn I read somewhere that was not the case.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Don't Stop Believing

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    Personally, I think they should do away with Bug's Land, the only exception being ITTBAB. I think the are is bland and has a 'thrown-together' feel to it. It's almost like they just got lazy were likr..."hmm. Let's just fill that area with some generica carnival rides and the kids will like it".

I wouldn't mind a cool Bug's Life dark ride....there are rich locations in that movie that could really be fun to see in real life. And if it was fast...that would totally kick booty.
    I have to agree with you. I have only been in Bugs Land a few times, and that was when I brought my little cousins. I loved the movie, but it seems kind of random. Why wasn't there a Toy Story area? (I think toy story was a lot more successful than bug's). I always see adults and teenagers enjoying fantasyland, but rarely see any in bug's land. I think car's land will be great though, because it seems like it will attract most age groups.
    I think the idea was there, but I don't really enjoy that part of the park often. A dark ride or a 3-D ride would be a great addition, and I think both would be popular.
    So I think that changing the flyers would help improve this area of the park.
    I was wondering if they would remove bug's land once cars land is put in.
    When You Keep On Believing, A Dream That You Wish Will Come True
    Visit my Flickr!

• Nutty about Disney parks

With more family friendly attractions in the park, A Bug's Land purpose is fading. The land will likely be gone should any of the surrounding areas need that portion of the park for expansion.

• Minion

I would put:
    -Bug Life 3-d thing (all ready their)
    -take out the train thingy caterpillar and make it a caterpillar coaster mini like goofys go coaster
    -add in a bugs life dark ride
    -leave the rest as is maybe take one of the rides out and replace it with a rarely found type ride themed to bugs land
    -also find space to build the farm thing back

i think that would be a pretty good bugs land

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Banned User

Let's replace a small off the shelf carnival ride with a BIGGER off the shelf carnival ride!

• Herr Ducktor!

The FFF does indeed use standard amusement tech--off-the-shelf rides, so to speak. The one innovation is use of scale: the place was carefully landscaped and appointed to create the impression that we had shrunk to bug-size.

I've never minded FFF, because I thought they did this well. But i'll be watching to see if this effect is diminished by the upcoming changes to the park. FFF isn't going away, but instead of a secluded oasis it's becoming more of a thoroughfare. Can't tell yet if the whole effect of miniature scale will be punctured by this; hope not.

• will-o-the-whip

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tuck n Roll bumper cars and Francis Boogie "teacups" removed after Carsland opens with the superior Luigi floating tires (a better bumper cars) and Mater's Junkyward Jamboree (a better Francis Boogie). Then they could extend and improve Heimlich's Train into a more deluxe indoor/outdoor dark ride going into the ants' caves.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpringLok View Post
    In Disney California Adventure, in Flik's Fun Fair, I think that they should make Flik's Flyers higher and more faster...
    I think that would defeat the purpose of having a dedicated area for very young children.
    ... to update A Bug's Land.
    Have you ever taken one of those surveys as you leave the park? One of the surveys askes what attractions the guest feels need updating. My understanding is that the bugs land area doesn't get many "needs updating" comments. Having young family members myself that frequently bring to the parks, I concur. IMO, it doesn't need updating, at least not at this time, and most guests appear to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I think the arae is bland and has a 'thrown-together' feel to it...
    Did you know that the BL area attractions were actually chosen directly by park guests? During the research phase, hundreds of parents with young children were asked which kind of rides they would like to see in a proposed children's land. The attractions currently in A Bug's Land were the top attractions suggested by parents of young children. So while it might seem bland and thrown together, it certainly was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    With more family friendly attractions in the park, A Bug's Land purpose is fading. The land will likely be gone should any of the surrounding areas need that portion of the park for expansion.
    On the contrary. Until now, one of the major complaints about DCA is that there is stuff for young kids to do, teens and adults to do, but not enough stuff for the older children and their parents to do. The recent additions to the park are helpign to fill that missing niche. I don't think you'll see a dropoff in A Bug's Land because of it. It certainly hasn't happenned so far. A Bug's Land continues to have lines on most or all their attractions, even on non-busy days. I've seen 15 minute wait times on Flik's Flyers on days when ToT has a 13 minute wait time.
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tuck n Roll bumper cars and Francis Boogie "teacups" removed after Carsland opens...
    There are no plans to. It's not even beign remotely considered. Of course, you never know how things change until after an attraction or land opens.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 06-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tuck n Roll bumper cars and Francis Boogie "teacups" removed after Carsland opens with the superior Luigi floating tires (a better bumper cars) and Mater's Junkyward Jamboree (a better Francis Boogie). Then they could extend and improve Heimlich's Train into a more deluxe indoor/outdoor dark ride going into the ants' caves.
    Kind of like a Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland, except themed to a bug's life. I second this.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• LOL

Please leave BL alone. It is a wonderful place. The themeing is darling and it is actually fun. During our last trip we had 8 people ranging in ages from 51 to 5 and everyone loved bugs land. The teenaged grands laughed at the rides and went down memory lane about their time in BL when they were "little". My daughter was totally enthralled with the theme and really wanted to take a lightening bug light home with her. My son-in-law thought the shrinking to a bugs size was a wonderful idea. The youngest grand was so excited because she could go on all of the rides, she didn't need to wait with a big person while everyone else went on a grand adventure. In short the rides are very appropriate for young children and parents and the water play area is a godsend on a hot day.

I have always found it interesting that posters will recommend that a ride geared toward young children (gadgets go coaster, all of bugs land, jumpin jellyfish etc.) should be removed or altered for something more thrilling. While I love rides like Indy and Screamin, I realize that when you are small Gadgets and flick's are very thrilling. I have often thought that one of biggest wastes of land in DL is the Autopia. Personally after driving 17 hours to reach DL, the last thing I want to do is climb into a car, even if it is a cute car, and drive around but watching the face of you child or grandchild when they are behind the wheel of an autopia car makes the long hours behind the wheel of a real car worth every minute, and the time spent in an autopia car a joy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast