Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matterhorn View Post
    I am glad that you enjoyed the rebel spy experience. It just doesn't do it for me. It takes away from the action and makes everyone except me and my brother laugh for some reason. The first few times I rode ST during the AP previews I could barely even hear the audio from the ride. Everyone else in the cabin was either laughing at non-funny parts or talking to each other or "woohoo" ing at parts that didn't warrant that kind of behavior. The CM worked everyone up at the beginning by saying, "is everyone ready?..." followed by a huge wooohooo from the cabin. I did not enjoy myself during the AP previews. However on june third, there wasn't anyone interrupting the show. Thank the maker! lol
    So you are saying you didnt like it because people were having fun and getting into the spirit of the ride?

    Maybe I'm just not following, but isnt stuff like this why we go to theme parks, to have a fun and collective experience?

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    690

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Once.. on my very first ride when I had no idea that gag was even done. Well, I was wide-eyed, to say the least. Very cool.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

  3. #33

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    So you are saying you didnt like it because people were having fun and getting into the spirit of the ride?

    Maybe I'm just not following, but isnt stuff like this why we go to theme parks, to have a fun and collective experience?

    Yeah... that's kind of the vibe I got from that too. I know I got some "woohoos" in, just being so psyched to be on the new Star Tours, and getting some pretty exciting locations (seriously..the battle over Coruscant us amazing)

  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    122

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    You can have fun by not screaming and yelling in other people's ears. When someone screams and yells at the top of their lungs, it is extremely annoying and distracting to others. All of my friends do not woohoo and yell when they are having a great time. They simply smile, relax, and take in the wonderful atmosphere of the disney magic.

  5. #35

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    28

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    My wife was the Rebel Spy when we rode. And she didn't even tell me before hand!

    She's not a little kid nor does she make funny faces. We were sitting in the second row so it seems you can be sitting anywhere.

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matterhorn View Post
    You can have fun by not screaming and yelling in other people's ears. When someone screams and yells at the top of their lungs, it is extremely annoying and distracting to others. All of my friends do not woohoo and yell when they are having a great time. They simply smile, relax, and take in the wonderful atmosphere of the disney magic.
    Okay fair enough, but I dont see the problem with it if people are just generally excited and just showing enthusiasm for a new and exciting ride they been waiting for years! But if people are still doing it 3 years later, that would be odd lol. Anyway, all the woohooing, laughing and yelling will calm down in time, dont worry.

  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Yeah... that's kind of the vibe I got from that too. I know I got some "woohoos" in, just being so psyched to be on the new Star Tours, and getting some pretty exciting locations (seriously..the battle over Coruscant us amazing)
    Everytime Vader showed up, people went nuts in my cabin! That stuff just makes me more excited to be on it! I have no problem with it, it just means everyone is having a good time like when you are in a movie and everyone is reacting at the same time!

    And I LOVED the Coruscant scene!! It was in my final ride of the weekend and litterally my entire cabin went 'woah'!! Easily my favorite, although I havent seen the Wookie planet yet, so my mind can change. But this ride is just fun, fun, fun!

  8. #38

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I think it's a pretty cool feature to the ride. I don't believe you'll get your photo taken unless you're near the back of the ride vehicle. The two cameras are located above the center rows facing the back. I don't think people really laugh unless someone in their party gets their photo taken; that is of course, unless it's a funny picture. Some of them are just normal pictures with nothing crazy going on. I find it to be a neat little element of the ride that makes it more interactive and fun. And while I haven't been the spy, the two people I went with on separate occasions turned out to be the spy. Then you can tease them about keeping such a secret from you!
    I was in the second row, so I think it can be taken anywhere.

  9. #39

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    122

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceranger View Post
    My wife was the Rebel Spy when we rode. And she didn't even tell me before hand!

    She's not a little kid nor does she make funny faces. We were sitting in the second row so it seems you can be sitting anywhere.
    It depends on who the cm likes or doesn't like. It seemed like the dozen times that I rode it, it was always a baby or an adult making a stupid face. Everyone's picture gets taken so it is all random I guess.

  10. #40

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    122

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Okay fair enough, but I dont see the problem with it if people are just generally excited and just showing enthusiasm for a new and exciting ride they been waiting for years! But if people are still doing it 3 years later, that would be odd lol. Anyway, all the woohooing, laughing and yelling will calm down in time, dont worry.
    Speaking about people screaming on rides, have you ever sat in front of someone who screamed your eardrums out on splash or space? Definately not a fun experience. So I guess I am just a little peeved and upset whenever it comes to this subject.

  11. #41

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    122

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Everytime Vader showed up, people went nuts in my cabin! That stuff just makes me more excited to be on it! I have no problem with it, it just means everyone is having a good time like when you are in a movie and everyone is reacting at the same time!

    And I LOVED the Coruscant scene!! It was in my final ride of the weekend and litterally my entire cabin went 'woah'!! Easily my favorite, although I havent seen the Wookie planet yet, so my mind can change. But this ride is just fun, fun, fun!
    My favorite combination is...
    Stormtroopers, tatooine, leia, asteroid field.

    I only got the wookie planet and coruscant twice, so I guess I don't know all about them yet.

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matterhorn View Post
    Speaking about people screaming on rides, have you ever sat in front of someone who screamed your eardrums out on splash or space? Definately not a fun experience. So I guess I am just a little peeved and upset whenever it comes to this subject.

    lol, well a terror scream is a bit different then a "wheee!" yell like on Star Tours. As far as the rebel spy gag, and everyone laughing but you.... odds are most are on their first ride, so, they totally didn't expect it. When you know it's coming, loses part of it's charm. I definitely chuckled a bit, mainly cause it was a "ha, that's neat!" thing.

  13. #43

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I am actually a bit bummed that pictures aren't allowed, with a majority of my friends being on the ride, there's a pretty good chance one of us will get picked. They actually should capture that part and sell the photo.
    You know Disney is missing a major money source on this one. They should sell pictures of that screen capture at the exit. That way you can prove that you were the rebel spy.

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    122

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    lol, well a terror scream is a bit different then a "wheee!" yell like on Star Tours. As far as the rebel spy gag, and everyone laughing but you.... odds are most are on their first ride, so, they totally didn't expect it. When you know it's coming, loses part of it's charm. I definitely chuckled a bit, mainly cause it was a "ha, that's neat!" thing.
    I can totally understand someone doing a fun woohoo sound if they are excited and having a blast. What I don't understand and probably never will, Is when someone screams at the top of their lungs longing only for attention and they believe that they are the only person on Earth and to hell with you kind of scream. Ok, I'm done.

  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    756

    Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

    Try riding the ToT with 15 middle school kids. I was kind of wishing my seat ejected through the opening I was sitting under.

    I'm sure all of us will experience our photo being taken, thanks for the hints. I'll be sure to strike a fierce pose.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] A question for people who have been to the park in september,
    By tofudude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 09:15 PM
  2. Who Here Thinks The Nemo Sub Ride Should Have Been More Original?
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 04:28 PM
  3. So....who's been to the park
    By BelleStitch in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
  4. West Wing-Who will be the next President?
    By ah schucks in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 07:38 AM
  5. Who will win the Super Bowl?????
    By BigDaddyKyle in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 08:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •