Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Ok so who's been the rebel spy? :D

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    Try riding the ToT with 15 middle school kids. I was kind of wishing my seat ejected through the opening I was sitting under.

I'm sure all of us will experience our photo being taken, thanks for the hints. I'll be sure to strike a fierce pose.
    I feel your pain. I am always prepared with earplugs on ToT. The opening that you were sitting under is called the "lucky seat".

• Parking Lot > DCA

Does anyone know if there are any ATIS references in ST2.0?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    You know Disney is missing a major money source on this one. They should sell pictures of that screen capture at the exit. That way you can prove that you were the rebel spy.

You definitely have a point there, even something similar to this, with your pic and a more generic description would be kinda awesome...

I guess they don't since it's not like Splash or Space Mountain where EVERYONE who rides gets their pic taken. On ST, it's just one per ride, so they'd jack up the price if they did.

• Banned User

^^Yeah, thats the problem, its ONLY one rider per ride who would even have the chance to buy it, and I'm guessing its a waste of money since majority wont. And the few pics I seen of the 'rebel spy' arent exactly high quality pics. They are fuzzy looking pics that look like they were taken in the dark. And since the person doesnt know when or where their picture was taken, they look completely off center anyway. Maybe they could touch them up a bit though.

Maybe a better idea though would be just to do a silk screen picture you can put on a shirt or a poster like the wanted picture above and reference the rebel spy bit. But ANYONE can do it! I seen a few "I was a rebel spy' shirts in the shop. Put your picture on it, you can charge twice the price.

While they shouldn't even think of selling the rebel spy ride cabin photo (grainy, lack of majority, etc.), they should easily add it to the chroma-key kiosk over in the Starcade now (ugh I don't want to even think about that awfulness). The "I was the Rebel Spy" shirts are really cute.

I haven't been the rebel spy, but I agree that it's pretty great as an interactive device.

This feature is so cool! I still would love to know what features are used to recognize the difference between he/she (as said in the hologram portion). My girlfriend was picked for this our first time on. It was great!

• film975

Not only is the rebel spy a great device. It's a great story telling device period. It's the reason the whole adventure begins in the first place.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    This feature is so cool! I still would love to know what features are used to recognize the difference between he/she (as said in the hologram portion). My girlfriend was picked for this our first time on. It was great!
    Also threepio says he/she in some of his lines. I wondered why the rides seems to take a few seconds before it starts. I wonder if that is when they are taking the pics and programming all the audio tracks and destinations?

I was the spy on my third ride, but then on my 4th ride I noticed the spy was in the same seat I was in on my last flight. 3rd row, like 4th or 5th seat from the left. Probably just a strange coincidence since others in this thread said they were in different rows/seats.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

Yeah that would explain why it takes a few minutes after you board to start. I just assume it was just technical issues, but now I guess they are just picking the picture and program the computer to identify the sex of the spy.

But yeah, I love this feature! Will it get old in time, I'm sure it will, but so does all the pre-shows when you see them enough. But its all part of the ride that people just accept and right now this is really an innovative and popular one and it adds to the story in a big way!

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matterhorn View Post
    I am glad that you enjoyed the rebel spy experience. It just doesn't do it for me. It takes away from the action and makes everyone except me and my brother laugh for some reason. The first few times I rode ST during the AP previews I could barely even hear the audio from the ride. Everyone else in the cabin was either laughing at non-funny parts or talking to each other or "woohoo" ing at parts that didn't warrant that kind of behavior. The CM worked everyone up at the beginning by saying, "is everyone ready?..." followed by a huge wooohooo from the cabin. I did not enjoy myself during the AP previews. However on june third, there wasn't anyone interrupting the show. Thank the maker! lol

Yes too bad it's not tailored for each individual's maximum enjoyment

Seems like most people in general like the fun group experience.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    You know Disney is missing a major money source on this one. They should sell pictures of that screen capture at the exit. That way you can prove that you were the rebel spy.

Exactly the reason I didn't buy that shirt.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Also threepio says he/she in some of his lines. I wondered why the rides seems to take a few seconds before it starts. I wonder if that is when they are taking the pics and programming all the audio tracks and destinations?

I was the spy on my third ride, but then on my 4th ride I noticed the spy was in the same seat I was in on my last flight. 3rd row, like 4th or 5th seat from the left. Probably just a strange coincidence since others in this thread said they were in different rows/seats.
    That make me think when I see the two camera main center point at some seat.
    It hard to see what seat it was point at.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

I have and it was definitely not a flattering picture

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    You can take a picture (and film) as long as you don't use a flash or camera light.
    The pre-flight video tells people that photography isn't allowed. I've been on at least one flight where a CM came on the intercom and told someone to stop fliming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I wasn't the spy the first time I rode it. This dude 2 seats next to me was though.

Anyone figured out when they take the random photo?
    Someone already posted the basics. However, during the media event I was able to learn and watch the entire selection process. I also learned many other facts about the ride not widely known, even by many of the CMs, so I won't talk about some of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I think it's a pretty cool feature to the ride. I don't believe you'll get your photo taken unless you're near the back of the ride vehicle.
    As someone else mentioned, everyone on board could potentially be the spy.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    And the few pics I seen of the 'rebel spy' arent exactly high quality pics. They are fuzzy looking pics that look like they were taken in the dark. And since the person doesnt know when or where their picture was taken, they look completely off center anyway.
    The cameras supposedly will be upgraded in the future. A change in the cabin lighting was made, after the cameras had already been selected. As far as the image being off center, that sounds like someone was in a hurry.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 06-09-2011 at 09:35 AM.

I was the rebel spy 4 times in a row on one of the AP preview days (May 29). I was with my boyfriend & another couple. They were jealous. Haha

Has anyone figured out when the picture is taken? I know where the cameras are, they're easily spotted in the overhead units (which resemble the air conditioning blower/reading light units on airplanes). Just wondering when they take them. My boyfriend was starting to get a little jealous/protective about it "4 times in a row! How does that happen? haha", so I kissed him after we sat down, and that time I wasn't the rebel spy. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast