Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Re: Fast Pass Question about Star Tours

I was wondering how the red cards work too. We never noticed them until one day there was a big pile of them on the stand where the CM was collecting fastpasses at Splash Mtn. Anyone know how they work or can you direct me to a link on here somewhere?

They are just a check, the lead can look at them if needed. Keep in mind though, its common for castmembers to be busy and unable to leave certain positions to change the wait time. While I do think bumping the wait time up before closing happens, the wait may have been 120 minutes at 8pm (which is when everyone goes to watch shows and fireworks and then leaves), the cast members might not have been available to walk over and change it.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I read on another site that just for Star Tours you can only get one Fast Pass until the window opens for your current Star Tours Fast Pass. Unlike other attractions where you just wait a certain amount of time. Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. I have not been back in the park since opening day for Star Tours.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

This is my think that red card is check the wait time in line
    the is mark the start time in the computer and at the end when you get broad to the ride take the card to stop the time.

cast member may do it to fast pass line to.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

So... not sure how accurate, but it's 9:45 and my phone apps say fastpass return time is 4:40pm. But today is a Thursday and one of the least busy days of the week.

Wait, it just updated from the last post at 9:35 and now the fastpass return is at 5:55. So, about every 10-15 min, it seems, fastpass return time changes by an hour.

Disney employs a method called "stacking" that basically makes the lines look (or virtually via the sign) longer as a way to control crowds/lines at certain times to force them to disperse throughout the park. (This is used a lot at the beginning and end of the day). Basically they are purposely trying to get/scare you to move to the lower-used rides.

This is the problem I have with most of the smartphone apps, they're based on the "posted" times.

The "Lines" App from the Touringplans.com (Unofficial Guide) is based on actual line times they have collected over many, many years, therefore their computer is able to be closer than Disney. I've seen 45 waits on the sign, and a 12 min on "Lines", ran the stopwatch feature in Lines... and found Lines to be Dead On. (only time it's off is if the ride was down for some time).

Quote Originally Posted by pyttius View Post
    So... not sure how accurate, but it's 9:45 and my phone apps say fastpass return time is 4:40pm. But today is a Thursday and one of the least busy days of the week.
    The return times are based on how many tickets are kicked out... (IE every 100 fasspasses moves the time 5 minutes forward) basically they are guesstimates... with these rides being so new, it'll be awhile before the predictions are going to be close.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I read on another site that just for Star Tours you can only get one Fast Pass until the window opens for your current Star Tours Fast Pass. Unlike other attractions where you just wait a certain amount of time. Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread. I have not been back in the park since opening day for Star Tours.

I thought that is how it has always been. You can get a new FP for another ride just before your ride window!

I remember when the FP system first started we bought our passes from AAA, and we were able to get as many FP's we wanted. There was no printed time on the bottom, so we went to another attraction and to our surprise, MORE FASTPASSES!

They were 5 day passes, so we lucked out for 5 days!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

The "Lines" App from the Touringplans.com (Unofficial Guide) is based on actual line times they have collected over many, many years, therefore their computer is able to be closer than Disney. I've seen 45 waits on the sign, and a 12 min on "Lines", ran the stopwatch feature in Lines... and found Lines to be Dead On. (only time it's off is if the ride was down for some time).
    The Unofficial Guide has collected wait times for WDW for many years. Their Disneyland database is still quite recent. While I've found them to be an excellent resource back east, I've found them unreliable at home (too many underestimates). I'm sure they are compiling data and improving their product, but for now I'm skeptical of their posted times.

Have they been enforcing the return time for Star Tours? I know that there's never a problem returning after, but is this one stricter because of the popularity?

• Closed Account

I think the only ride in the park where they really enforce the return times is Splash Mountain, and usually only on really hot days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12