Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Fast Pass Question about Star Tours

At about what time have they been running out of fast passes?

Re: Fast Pass Question about Star Tours

around 11 am every morning. I would get there early.

• Artistic integrity

I finally got my first Star Tours 2.0 visit, late last night. And a front-line CM said the same thing. By 11:30 - 12 noon ... Completely gone for the day.

But let me add this to all the Star Tours slew of informational post frenzy......

Last night at 11pm .... the standby was posted at 120 minutes. With a steady stream of FastPass ticket holders coming in ....... the "stand by" was really half that! 60 minutes. I don't know why they would post that.

My advice to anyone wanting to see the ride soon. If you are a "night owl" like me .... don't sweat it .. if you don't get to the FastPass before 11am. And sit under a hot sun. Get in line close to closing time ... and you'll be out of Star Tours within a reasonable amount of time.

Stand By for me ... started just outside the extra queue room. In line at 11pm. On the ride by 12 midnight. And on my way out of the park by 12:10 am.

For a ride that's only been open 4 days ... in early June ...... (take into account a late Monday) ... I thought that was pretty good.

I have no idea what the lines will be like on a Friday, or Saturday well into the summer season ... but my prediction late night "stand by" waits will hover around 60 minutes.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Last night at 11pm .... the standby was posted at 120 minutes. With a steady stream of FastPass ticket holders coming in ....... the "stand by" was really half that! 60 minutes. I don't know why they would post that.
    You know, I thought about making a thread to talk about this, but this happened to me too on both Saturday and Sunday with a friend. And make no mistake, its done on purpose. My friend and I figured the CMs want to go home too and dont want to REALLY deal with a 120 min line past midnite, so they inflate the ride time to keep people away from jumping in that late and it appears to be working.

In fact, on Saturday, me and my friend was going to jump in ST line after 11, but saw an '80 min' wait post time and didnt want to wait that long. We had complimentary FPs, but decided to try and use them first and then stand in line to get two rides within an hour. But with an 80 min wait, we decided to just do FPs instead. BUT we decided to see how bad SM was first and it was a more reasonable 35 mins at that hour. So we decided to just do that first and then use our FP for ST at the last minute before midnight. Well that didnt work out as the SM line was one of those rare times longer than posted, by 10 mins. It took us 45 mins to get through and when we got off, it was already 12:02. So we missed ST. Dissappointed but not too much since we were coming back the next day. But what REALLY bothered us when we past the ST line, the line was completely GONE!! It said it was an 80 min wait at 11:20 and yet at 12:05, 45 mins later, it completely done. And remember, there was another 40 mins people had time to jump in line since we saw it which means even if they cut off the line at 11:20 for some reason we should STILL see those people in line for 80 mins. With at least a few hundred more after that, we shouldve saw a nice long line after midnight. I guessed the line was really only about 30 mins. Of course if we knew that we wouldve got in...and I imagine quite a few other people.

So next night, we purposely tested it out. Got there at 11:25. The wait time posted was '90 mins'. By the time we got on the ride, it was 12:05. Thats right only 40 mins! These people are experts at this stuff, 5-10 mins off, sure! But 50 mins?? Thats clearly done on purpose.

And this wasnt the first time I experienced this. Back in 2009, 15 mins to midnight, I saw Indy posted at '50 mins'. I wasnt going to do it, but it was my last day in the park for who knows how long and kept missing my chance to ride it. So I sucked it up and went. Actual wait time: 15 mins!

So I'm guessing inflating the wait numbers at the end of the night for the bigger rides is a common trend on busy days! Is it a big deal, I guess not, but is it right, no it isnt.

Anyway, I agree with everything else you said. Night time after 11, REGARDLESS what is posted on the boards sadly, is probably 40 mins or under mostly. And yeah, even though the ride does have 2-3 hour waits at times, the first day completely insane, I'm guessing it will be 60-90 mins average through the summer. As usual the 3+ hour waits, ALL day predictions, is more internet hyperbole than what the reality is. Out of the two days I saw it, it was mostly 1-2 hours during the peak times.

• Seasick

Once park hours are over, and no one is using the fastpass line any longer, the stand-by line will get gobbled up much quicker than during the day.

It's possible the posted wait times are somewhat "accurate" based on the usual ratio of fastpass to stand-by admissions, but when the fastpass line is gone, the stand-by line suddenly moves quickly and those wait times are reduced accordingly.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if wait times were inflated close to closing time, but the truth about wait times might be influenced by multiple factors.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Banned User

Sure it might be, but on my second night when I jumped in the line even others who jumped in with me even thought the line was nowhere close to 90 mins. If average park goers can see how off the wait posted was (and we're not talking 10-20 mins we are talking litterally more than half the wait posted) I know the CMs know who gauge this stuff day in and day out. Sure ST is 'new' and havent had more than a 40 min line in years, so maybe there is a fluke somewhere, but like I said the same issue with Indy happened too. And they control that FP line waaay more than the other rides since groups of people go at different times.

But who knows, but I do think it is more artificial inflation then FP falling off.

• When Will It Return?

The burning question is how that electronic number appears on that electronic sign. Who controls that stand-by wait time display? Do the CMs control it manually? Does a computer control it based upon the scannable red cars, how many FP's it knows have been issued, and a few other various assumptions built into its software?

If it's the latter, then it makes sense that stand-by wait would be much lower than what's displayed during 11pm-midnight time. The computer who might be controlling the display might be banking on all FP's issued for that hour, which I hope would logically be the same amount as how many are issued for 4pm-5pm, will be used. It might be taking this information, calculating how many stand-by guests can also come through in that time based upon capacity, and coming up with a wait time figure based upon that calculation. In doing this, so many assumptions are made about amounts of people that could easily turn out to be less than what's assumed, that the resultant figure ends up being much higher than what's actually true.

The moral of the story is to get in line 5 mins before closing. Whatever wait time you have will all be bonus time on top of the time you paid for with your admission.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• formerly very helpful

My understanding is they will have cast members report into the line board on the hub on the hour with updates. Also, I've seen guests holding cards that they are to give to the cast members at the front of the line. These appartently have the time they got in line, and are used to measure the wait time.

• Minion

i got in line about at 11:00 am and they were on the last of them they went to 12:00 am
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• ...TWO BITS!

Yesterday they ran out at 9:30am

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Parking Lot > DCA

I would not be suprised if they do bump up the wait time (if it's even possible) to deter guests during later hours. I am very curious to try this on my next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    My understanding is they will have cast members report into the line board on the hub on the hour with updates. Also, I've seen guests holding cards that they are to give to the cast members at the front of the line. These appartently have the time they got in line, and are used to measure the wait time.
    This may be true, but the line board (I like to call it the lie board) closes up shop pretty early, so the possibility of those times being 100% accurate after it's closed may not be. I do not know when they stop handing out the red cards though.

• Minion

Got a FP today (6/8) at 9 am and the return time was 7:35-8:35pm with the park closing at 9pm.

• formerly very helpful

Oi!

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

I've been monitoring on the iPhone apps for my trip next week. Fastpasses seem to be gone sometime between 10 and 12 (on average) I've noticed. Been using apps like Disneyland Lines, Star Tours Live, or Mouse Wait.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    The burning question is how that electronic number appears on that electronic sign. Who controls that stand-by wait time display? Do the CMs control it manually? Does a computer control it based upon the scannable red cars, how many FP's it knows have been issued, and a few other various assumptions built into its software?
    It is all done manually by the CM by their guesstimation. They have computer that is located next to the Fast Pass machines, which they open and change it whenever they need to. I am not sure what the red cards are for, besides telling how long the line is so that the CM can change accordingly. How does that work??
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast