Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

California Screamin' Retheme (conceptual sketch)

Hey guys!

I took some time sketching out a plan for what I would do with California Screamin' to make it fit in with the turn of the century period theme the pier is going with in the park overhaul. The rollercoaster itself wouldn't really change, this plan mostly focuses on a new facade.Gone would be the bare and simple queue, fastpass distribution, and photo shop that currently stands. The new Screamin' complex would feature and elaborate victorian facade designed in the styles of the grand exhibition pavilions that could be found at numerous seaside amusement parks of that time. In the sketch below riders would enter under the center archway. The left dome in the sketch would be a new location for fastpass distribution and the rotunda on the right would serve as the new exit and photo distribution booth. The building interior would be modeled in a fashion very similar to the midway mania interior queue section or the plaza pavilion interior (look at the image below the sketch for an idea). Inside the queue would be black and white photos showcasing wooden rollercoasters with descriptions explaining how they are marvels of the machine age (because they were at the time). The launch would be altered slightly to shoot guests out of a new rock cave formation that has been shown in the blue sky cellar model. The ride soundtrack would be altered to fit the turn of the century period as well. In the sketch I created below I also included the proposed seaside cliff side of the carsland rockwork. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Hope you guys like it!

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

• We Go On.

Re: California Screamin' Retheme (conceptual sketch)

Very nice! I love the tall windows and blue roofs.

• Senior Minion

Wow, that's pretty good for an amateur. Are you planning on becoming an architect?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I really, really, really like it!!!

Great job... that whole side of the Pier receiving the gingerbread, clapboard Victorian (i.e., Midway Mania) or some other period treatment is requisite to Paradise Pier becoming a compelling, attractive themed environment.

Thanks so much! I applied to Cal poly pomona's architecture program but got denied unfortunately. I would love to work for disney but I don't even know where to begin. I have so many other attraction plans for DCA including two all new attractions for the pier area, one completely original, and one derived from a classic disney film. For now I truly enjoy posting stuff to see what you guys think because its the closest thing to working for disney lol.

I love the design but I'm wondering how the colors would really go with the rest of the pier on that side. This would back up against the Carsland rockwork correct? If so then there would be plenty of space in a building that large maybe room for an indoor attraction, just like a small steam age inventors demonstration with fanciful machines that guests can pull levers on or push buttons and have them do different things like blow bubbles or vibrate. Just something fun to do. That could even go in the queue keeping with the exhibition concept.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

That's lovely, I like the whole look of it. Hopefully something similar to this is done and a taller facade is put to blockout the sightline issues.

• -

Personally, I never really thought it needed a re-theme, but if it does, I would definitely be ok with something like this! Good job.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

awesome.more pics please
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Banned User

Wow, this is really, really nice! Great job! I love how you painted it against the (rumored) CL backdrop! It would look great and work with TSM nearby. See what you can do Disney? It doesnt have to be super fancy, just simple but elegant.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

As always great work. I love the other stuff for PP you have posted. Maybe you should make a site or something where you can display them all for us to enjoy. I enjoy the look of this building though. Takes the clapboard victorian of TSMM, combines it with a bit of the exposition building flair TLM has, and mixes in some of the more exotic shapes and towers like the Paradise Garden complex and yet still remains unique. Nice transition from the actual pier midway (which like TSMM and the Games should have a more consistent seaside Victorian look) to the exposition look of TLM on the boardwalk behing PPk while throwing some of the more exotic shapes and towers featured in Paradise Gardens, SSS, and Ariels Grotto.

• Disneyland History Lover

Looks great! I love the facade and the way you themed the backside of the Carsland rock work to fit the theme. Very nicely done. Launching the coaster from a rock cave would be awesome.

• Future Imagineer

That looks fantastic. What did you use to color it?

I would LOVE to see something like this one day. Along with King Triton's Carousel being re done like this as well. It looks great!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast