• For You!

Fast Pass return times

Okay, it's been 3 years since I've been to Disneyland and I was wondering if the fast pass return time policy is being enforced.

It used to be that you could you use them any time after your posted return time. With the new Star Tours, I was wondering if this is being enforced now, and is it being enforced on all rides?

Thanks!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Fast Pass return times

With Star Tours having such a long wait time, they really want you to come back within that hour on your fastpass. But other rides let you use them anytime after the time it says.

I can't say for Star Tours, but I have (for the past 3 years) used FastPasses for both Space Mountain and Indiana Jones after that window has lapsed. I have yet to have a cast member mention that the time frame has lapsed.

i think i used mine for indy like 3 hours after the end time on monday

The start time is always enforced, but we've never had a problem going after the end time. We usually go hours after it on some rides. However, I don't know if they are enforcing it for Star Tours, since it's so popular right now...

• A Weather Eye Open

Probably certain times of the day will get flooded with fast pass return and back up your fp wait to make it longer.

Returning within your window is not required (late okay but never early), but it USUALLY makes your wait shorter.

Of course, it also depends on how the lines are set up, and the CM who is working at the merge point where they take the FP.

Right after any large show lets out, like the parade or fireworks, a lot more people are going to return, and lots of them will be way after their window. So if your window falls on like, 4:15-5:15, which is right after the 1st parade, you might really WANT to return to Star Tours later in the evening.

But if your window is like, 3:30-4:30, try to return at 4 or 4:05 when the parade has stepped off and people are busy watching it.

I have not heard that ST is "enforcing" the window, but i can see why they would be testy if a ton of people who had them for the morning are using them at a peak riding time. They're more likely to be lenient/nice with you if you're using them late at a NON-busy time for them.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)