Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Iron Man Ride for Tomorrowland

I know that this is most-likely going to be met with a LOT or resistance, but this is just something I wanted to share.

I'm sure quite a few of us are aware of the rumor of Stark Expo replacing Innoventions. (According to a certain source I know, that project is well underway); if they're working on a Stark Expo-themed attraction, hopefully it'll be a true E-Ticket ride instead of just an "upgrade" of Innoventions. I mean, we've heard quite a bit of rumblings about the first major attraction since Indy occupying the Innoventions space up to Harbor Blvd. It would be a shame if we heard that and only got a simple Innoventions update.

Onto the nitty-gritty of this thread. If they do have such a theme, what I would like to see them do is have the attraction themed to Stark Expo, but use Pandora's Box ride technology to develop the story for the attraction. It could go something like you're touring Star Expo, seeing all of the latest demonstrations of technology and then "something goes horribly wrong" as the main villain breaks into the Expo and all hell breaks loose. Iron Man stops him, saves the day, and then guests exit at the gift shop to buy a bunch of Marvel products. Here's a sample of what I'm getting at:

YouTube - ‪Pandora's Box Vekoma‬‏

Disney has always wanted to use the Kula arm technology, but now that Universal has bought a lock on that, I think this would be the perfect opportunity to give Uni a run for their money and do something that's even more powerful than the Kula arm. Imagine what Imagineering could do with such technology under such a theme; I think it would be spectacular! It would definitely fit the theme for TL.

What do you guys think?

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Re: Iron Man Ride for Tomorrowland

wow that looks great and original! I would definitely love to ride something like that! is that an attraction being built in Europe?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick O Dell View Post
    wow that looks great and original! I would definitely love to ride something like that! is that an attraction being built in Europe?
    That was just a short animation from Vekoma to demonstrate the ride technology.

• Banned User

Iron Man fits into Tomorrowland just as much as Pixar, and Tron in my opinion. All of them are simply futuristic ideas/concepts in the modern way. In my opinion, none of them have a place in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick O Dell View Post
    Yes it's rumored that a variation of this design is going to Efteling.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Iron Man fits into Tomorrowland just as much as Pixar, and Tron in my opinion. All of them are simply futuristic ideas/concepts in the modern way. In my opinion, none of them have a place in Tomorrowland.
    So... futuristic ideas/concepts have no place in Tomorrowland which is supposed to be the "world of tomorrow". Hmmm... very interesting.

Then I guess that automobiles and submarines (either Nemo or the the original) would be ok, because current technology is appropriate for the "world of tomorrow".
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Sounds cool to me. I dont like Innovations anyways,

• I'm not really here

The Stark Expo purpose and the dedication speech of Tomorrowland are nearly identical. The Stark Expo is designed very specifically to be a "World's Fair" type event, something Walt Disney believed very much in and actively participated in several times, designing not only attractions for the pavilions, but aiding in the actual design of the entire fair itself. Tomorrowland and the Stark Expo are about as perfect a marriage as exists when you come right down to it. And just like NoS is an entrance to a long ago time of Pirates, the Stark Expo in Tomorrowland could be an entrance to a world that technically doesn't exist either... Iron Man. The attraction queue area and exterior themeing exist to bridge that gap.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 06-10-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I just don't know how I feel about the idea of Marvel entering into the parks on this level.. seems odd and out of place to me.

• Banned User

I just like my Tomorrowlands without movies to be honest.

• Banned User

Sooo no Star Tours?

Also, when DL first opened, there was actually a movie tie-in at TL. It was the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit where you walked passed all of the sets. TL has always had movie tie-ins since the park first opened and they always will (Don't worry they will fit). Just be thankful Stitch Mountain never went through.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Sooo no Star Tours?

Also, when DL first opened, there was actually a movie tie-in at TL. It was the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit where you walked passed all of the sets. TL has always had movie tie-ins since the park first opened and they always will (Don't worry they will fit). Just be thankful Stitch Mountain never went through.
    I do believe Tomorrowland 1967 did not feature movie tie ins. And Tomorrowland 1977 just seemed to be amazing. But again, personal preference.

If Marvel belongs anywhere in Disneyland it's in Tomorrowland. And Tony Stark is all about Tomorrow. Well, that and alcohol, but Disney can ignore the drinking problem he's got. Anyways, anything is better than innovations and I don't think anything that could show up at a stark expo will ever actually be invented. at least not in our lifetime. That will eliminate the need to replace it with something new. And actually, if the item ever is created, they can just replace it with a new invention. I think it's a perfect fit to a space that hasn't had a real attraction in years.

I've still got my fingers crossed for a possilbe TRON themed attraction replacing innoventions. In all honesty, I don't care what replaces it as long as it is good and not an Innoventions re-hash.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Agreed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I think if they took buzz and nemo out then most ppl probably wouldnt care about stark expo.i think this idea is good nethertheless.and it really doesnt have to be the 2010 expo it can be 4010 and when the year actually comes they can update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast