Town Square Flower Bed

Thank you, In the Parks and Fishbulb, for the updates that let this Northern Californian get his "fix". I was especially interested by the Town Square flower bed picture in today's update.

I don't remember seeing grass in this bed before. Don't they usually use that other plant -- not sure
    what the name of it is, but it's a low, creeping, brighter green stuff (kind of a "baby's tears" look) Anyway, the red celosia is great, but somehow the overall effect of this particular planter leaves me wanting more.

I guess it just doesn't have the same clean, super-fresh look as all the other areas I notice. Maybe it's because the white alyssum is looking a little tired? And there's plain old dirt showing! (usually, any soil inbetween plants is that wonderful rich, just turned, dark-chocolatey color) And couldn't the grass be a little greener? LOL

I hate to be critical, as the landscaping is truly one of my favorite elements of the Park, and the gardeners deserve major kudos.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Town Square Flower Bed

It was probably just freshly planted and needs a month to grow in a little. I would consider myself a knowledgeable gardener and truly appreciate the detail that goes into Disneyland's landscaping, it's a very hard thing to do.

• A Weather Eye Open

there is often a huge ugly (or pretty) thing in this bed... celebrate balloons, mickey pumpkin, christmas tree.

i love it when it's just low lying plants and flowers, it looks more open. but i can see why some would think it looked kinda naked. we've had a nice break with it since the christmas tree left and i'll be sad come halloween when the pumpkin goes back.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's kind of nice to look down Main Street, and be able to see the castle in the background.

It does look like it's been newly planted, though. Some plants take a while before they really leap to life.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's kind of nice to look down Main Street, and be able to see the castle in the background.

It does look like it's been newly planted, though. Some plants take a while before they really leap to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    It was probably just freshly planted and needs a month to grow in a little. I would consider myself a knowledgeable gardener and truly appreciate the detail that goes into Disneyland's landscaping, it's a very hard thing to do.
    But Disneyland doesn't really "Let it Grow" they prided themselves on making plantings look like they had been there for months already when they magically appear overnight, and then they change before they get looking overgrown or tired looking. Not that hard really when you plan and grow things backstage for weeks before you actually bring it onstage.

The main reason why they plant them not fully grown is because they'll be able to fully grow and then by the time they die, they'll be replaced. They do maintenance on them nightly and replace the dead ones with fresh ones. Some of the ways Disney maintains some things is pure magic and no other company can live up to it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003