Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For Disneyland fans, what is your favorite Disney World (or Orlando) park and why?

I just went to Disneyland on my honeymoon and it was my wife's first trip there. I already took her to Disney World twice. She enjoyed Disneyland more than Magic Kingdom, but she didn't care much for California Adventure (grant you half the park was covered for the remodel).

What she really missed was Epcot, which I can definitely relate too. My first trip to Disney World was after I had visited Disneyland twice, I was 10. We spent 2 days at Epcot Center and 2 days at Magic Kingdom (or as we called it at the time Disney World). Since my family is originally from Orange County (my grandfather helped build the Matterhorn and my mother went on opening day when the draw bridge dropped) so we were probably a little prejudiced against the Magic Kingdom and at the end of the trip we thought we should have spent all 4 days at Epcot.

In my adult years, when I've gone to Orlando, I still find myself drawn to Epcot and to Islands of Adventure (now that Harry Potter is open). I was wondering what parks Disneyland fans enjoy when they're on the other side of the country?

Re: For Disneyland fans, what is your favorite Disney World (or Orlando) park and wh

I was going to ask this question too, but you beat me to the punch, haha.

I liked EPCOT the best. It was unlike any park in California (where I live), and at the same time, it had some really amazing rides, many of which weren't thrilling, but were amazing in terms of their scale, content and architecture.

I like Disneyland way better than the Magic Kingdom, but one thing I found really interesting at the Magic Kingdom was how huge Adventureland was in comparison. The rest of the park was probably bigger, but it wasn't too noticeable (especially Fantasyland which seemed smaller), but Adventureland was so wide and open, where Disneyland's is a lot smaller.

I was at WDW for 8 nights, and went to TMK 4 days (not full days, often going after other parks), and EPCOT 3 days. I ended up going on Spaceship Earth like 4 times. That scene with all the stars is just a stunning image on the ride. Great fun!

I enjoyed Animal Kingdom, but it didn't blow me away. The trees and lakes were pleasant, but in California the Wild Animal Park is just as good a zoo imo. I highly enjoyed the Dinosaur ride.

DHS was fun too, but again, it didn't blow me away. I enjoyed the rides and shows, but half of the stuff in the park you can find in California (where I'm from).

• Banned User

Re: For Disneyland fans, what is your favorite Disney World (or Orlando) park and wh

I just went a few months ago. And my thoughts:

I love Animal Kingdom. It is without a doubt, the most immersive and exotic of all the park's at Walt Disney World. I love how huge it is, I love the environments. Expedition Everest is by far my favorite attraction in Disney World. I really find that park to be the most enjoyable.

I also visited Universal for the first time and the Studios were a terrible disapointment however Islands of Adventure was very impressive! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is without a doubt, the best theme park experience in Orlando! WOW! I was completely taken back by that ride.

• formerly very helpful

I've been going to Disneyland since I was 3. (That's more than 40 years.) In Walt Disneyl World, EPCOT was definately my park. Loved it! I'm not into thrill rides, but I loved the Audio Animatronic attractions like Spaceship Earth (especially the Jeremy Irons version), and American Adventure.
    The countries in World Showcase were incredible, and had a wonderful "you are there" quality to them.
    The restaurants are the best of any Disney park, and have food to rival any fine restaurant.
    As has been said, it's unlike any other Disney park.
    I do miss some of the changes they've made, such as the loss of Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, and Wonders of Life.
    As you can tell, I like EPCOT.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

For me, it's all about EPCOT. If Walt Disney World didn't have Epcot, I probably wouldn't even bother going (especially now that Adventurer's Club is no longer there). It is their signature theme park that nobody else has. Universal has studio parks and there's plenty of zoos out there, but Epcot is purely Disney and unattempted by anyone else.

I feel no nostalgia for Magic Kingdom but when it comes to Epcot... there's so much more there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I concur with everyone choosing EPCOT. I'll take it a step further though and say mid-80s EPCOT Center specifically. Horizons was one of the best experiences Disney has ever put together.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Animal Kingdom! (MK follows a close second)

I just love how lush and immersive everything (except for Chester and Hester's, of course) is in the park! My only complaint is it needs more rides! Other than that, it's SO easy for me to spend a couple days of my trip there, and yes- I said DAYS! TWO WHOLE DAYS!!

I just love it that much!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I just went a few months ago. And my thoughts:

I love Animal Kingdom. It is without a doubt, the most immersive and exotic of all the park's at Walt Disney World. I love how huge it is, I love the environments. Expedition Everest is by far my favorite attraction in Disney World. I really find that park to be the most enjoyable.
    This about sums it up for me. Plus, I'm a huge animal lover. I could spend hours just watching animals.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Animal Kingdom for me, followed by modern EPCOT...more "pure" and sciencey "original" EPCOT would have won if it was still in that format.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

I just think you cannot compare Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. The things I liked best in WDW were the offerings we don't have here, namely Epcot and a Disney-themed animal park. I found DHS to be completely unimpressive, and Disneyland takes Magic Kingdom to the woodhouse and gives it a good beat-down every day of its life.

• Minion

am going to disneyland ever i was 1 yeras old i love the park to deth i can you everything about its charm that mosat people dont see and ive been to disneyworld once step in the majic kingdom for a comple hours and the whole trip was spent epoct amimal kingdom and dhs lets take trip back to califrona never relly care for disney califrona adtvtre untile world of color daputed last year
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

all the magic kingdom a biger disneyland and biger castle big whoop you get same majic in disneyland
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    all the magic kingdom a biger disneyland and biger castle big whoop you get same majic in disneyland
    I agree. Bigger does not equal better. The only ride at MK that I thought was better than its DL equivalent was Winnie the Pooh. I think the other DL attractions either match or exceed the same attraction at MK. Aside from WtP, the attractions we liked at MK were the ones we don't have at DL anymore, like the Country Bear Jamboree and the Peoplemover.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

EPCOT~~it is the closest created atmosphere to an actual utopian society created with transportation with a walkable and livable arena. It's fantastic! AK is a close second, then MK.

Epcot by far.

Magic Kingdom just isn't as impressive once you visit Disneyland.

Hollywood Studios just really isn't enough there.

Animal Kingdom although the detail of the park is amazing, it suffers from not enough thing to do in the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast