• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Disney Announces The Opening Of Carsland In "Summer of 2012."

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Banned User

Re: Disney Announces The Opening Of Carsland In "Summer of 2012."

LOL, its amazing what passes for 'news' sometimes. We've known litterally since 2007 it will open in 2012. I dont think 'summer' is really a much of surprise to anyone since thats always been the target time. An actual DATE would be nice, but its still so far away it wouldnt matter now anyway. Everyone is probably just assuming June like WOC last year and TLM this year. I think July would be too late considering it would open when the summer season is in full swing, so June most likely.

Summer doesn't start until late June. Carsland will open much later than The Little Mermaid and World of Color. Think more like 4th of July weekend.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Sorry for off-topic-ish-ness, but this is something I haven't thought about til now since I have never experienced it... Do they hold soft openings for new lands?

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Summer doesn't start until late June. Carsland will open much later than The Little Mermaid and World of Color. Think more like 4th of July weekend.
    Maybe, but when was the last time Disney opened a major attraction THAT late in the season? In fact every summer opening has been in June the last few years: Nemo, TSM, WOC, ST and TLM.

The reason is you want to get tourist to book as early as possible. Both WOC, ST and TLM wouldve opened sooner if it wasnt for technical delays and logistical issues. Again, it could be July but I cant recall the last time Disney has opened something this big that late in the season...in any of their parks.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Sorry for off-topic-ish-ness, but this is something I haven't thought about til now since I have never experienced it... Do they hold soft openings for new lands?
    It's been so long since a new land has opened in any Disney park in the states. I imagine that Disney would hold soft openings for Carsland in a similar fashion that Universal did for Harry Potter. I would like to see them offer special packages for hotel guests to preview the new land before everyone else. I would be totally on that.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Banned User

Yeah, I cant recall either! Was it Toontown?? LOL, it cant be THAT long ago, can it?

I know Toy Storyland opened in Paris, but no idea if there was a soft opening or not. But I imagine there would be. If they do it for rides to work out logistics issues and train employees for, I imagine as something as big as this they would. Rather its for regular people, Apers or CMs, who knows but something will happen.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It's been so long since a new land has opened in any Disney park in the states. I imagine that Disney would hold soft openings for Carsland in a similar fashion that Universal did for Harry Potter. I would like to see them offer special packages for hotel guests to preview the new land before everyone else. I would be totally on that.

It really wasn't that long ago, with Bug's land/Flik's fun fair.

And they did set up special viewing times for annual passholders. I think it did cost $15 or $20 bucks, and included a special pin, "bug juice", and a rice krispie treat, along with a special time that you could visit the new land, with limited number of reservations per hour, in order to keep the crowds on the low side during your time.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Interesting... Thanks!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Once Carsland open, it will indeed be my last time renewing my annual pass until probably 2015.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Back on January 5, 2010 when this video debuted so did "Cars Land Opens Summer 2012".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZih...feature=relmfu (at 3:03)

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Cars Land needs to open up in early July to even be remotely useful to Disney's 2012 summer campaign. My bets would have to say late June, with mid-June soft-openings/AP previews.