Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Wink ITT: Star Wars geeks try to make Star Tours make sense

Being a huge Star Wars geek myself, here's a challenge: We make sense of the destinations in the new Star Tours. I know that has been one mild complaint, that some just throw SW canon out the window, so, let's fan-fic this . I've only ridden once, so, I will only comment on what I've seen.

Kashyyyk: One of the easier one's, they wanted a speeder bike chase, but not Endor. Enter the Wookiees, who suffered the brunt of subjugation of the new Empire. This scene is detailing the last of the Wookiee uprisings before becoming enslaved. Think of them as Republic insurgents.

Coruscant: Now THIS one is a bit tougher. Despite ST2.0 taking palce between episodes III and IV, we clearly are thrust into a battle featuring Republic heavy cruisers and the Confederacy. Luckily, I do have EU stuff on my side. In Star Wars: Battlefront II, there is a mission in which a confederate loyalist activates a droid army, as another insurgency that is put down. Perhaps the Coruscant battle can be retconned as part of his efforts, or another branch of Confederate loyalists make an attack on the Imperial capital. As the ride takes place before the events of Episode IV, the presence of Republic ships can be explained that some have yet to be decommissioned in favor of more Imperail Class Star Destroyers. Ok, have at it!

• Always Dreaming

Re: ITT: Star Wars geeks try to make Star Tours make sense

The thing that bugged me most was the addition of the Millenium Falcon and (a very tiny) Han Solo... he wasn't involved in the Rebellion until he was kind of forced into it when he agreed to transport Luke and Obi Wan. In fact, if I recall correctly from EU, he was once an Imperial Officer before going AWOL and becoming a smuggler.

Also, why would there be fighting on Hoth? Because it wasn't a Rebel base until after Yavin 4 was abandoned. So there would be no reason for a battle there.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aurorahermione View Post
    The thing that bugged me most was the addition of the Millenium Falcon and (a very tiny) Han Solo... he wasn't involved in the Rebellion until he was kind of forced into it when he agreed to transport Luke and Obi Wan. In fact, if I recall correctly from EU, he was once an Imperial Officer before going AWOL and becoming a smuggler.

Also, why would there be fighting on Hoth? Because it wasn't a Rebel base until after Yavin 4 was abandoned. So there would be no reason for a battle there.
    I got nothin for Hoth lol. Han could be rationalized as just being in the wrong place at the wrong time at that part. He was a smuggler, and tried to avoid the Imperials at all costs, so w/ a fight breaking out in a hanger like that, yeah, he's gonna bounce. I think it was included as a cameo, not insinuating he was a rebel at that juncture.

• Always Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    I got nothin for Hoth lol. Han could be rationalized as just being in the wrong place at the wrong time at that part. He was a smuggler, and tried to avoid the Imperials at all costs, so w/ a fight breaking out in a hanger like that, yeah, he's gonna bounce. I think it was included as a cameo, not insinuating he was a rebel at that juncture.
    True, I never thought of it that way.
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• -

Just a small theory for Hoth, and it's probably reaching. In Empire Strikes Back, when Vader was saying that they should set a course for Hoth because the surveillance vids led him to believe that this was the Rebel base, Admiral Ozzel shrugged it off saying that it could be smugglers.

Maybe in the Hoth footage, the Empire is going after some smugglers and not the Rebel Alliance.

Or... it could be the Rebels on an early scouting mission to set up a base there which they didn't do until Empire Strikes Back because by then they thought the Empire would have forgotten about this incident.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Don't try to make sense of it......It is a ride.....They included Hoth --because they thought people would like to go to Hoth....It is as simple as that.

• Banned User

^

Oh I know... I just think it's fun to try to jury rig things so it makes sense.
    Last edited by noleafclover1980; 06-13-2011 at 09:02 AM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And yet a truck in NOS is no big deal...

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by brad chowen View Post
    Don't try to make sense of it......It is a ride.....They included Hoth --because they thought people would like to go to Hoth....It is as simple as that.
    Awww, don't be such a buzzkill. It is a thread with the "FUN" header. The OP wants to have fun with other posters about a topic. Besides, simple isn't always the best answer. For example...

Any discrepancy you may encounter involving a timeline plothole while in a Star Tours vehicle is due to a small puncture in the hull has yet to be repaired. As the air slowly bleeds from the cabin, passengers are suffering from hallucinations brought about by oxygen deprivation. Seeing Alderaan or any events prior to the Empire seizing total (and benevolent, if this is being monitored) control of the galaxy are within the victim's minds. As you know, when the Speeder returns to a stable atmospheric environment, the passengers minds recover as the oxygen deprivation is no longer a threat. Once they leave the Space Port, the passengers will once again interact with incredibly large, clothes wearing animals in a friendly manner, as is the norm.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Ha... it isn't, and really neither is ST2.0 not really making much sense in continuity, I just figured this would be fun.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    A temperal vortex that transplants a 20th century truck into New Orleans Square is not contradictory.

• -

Is there any way that we can get this thread back on track to the Star Wars discussion and leave the pick-up truck argument in the thread that was devoted to it where it belongs? This had started out to be a fun thread and I applaud the original poster for creating it. I just think that it has been steered off track.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well, the best answer I can come up with, it wasn't Hoth. That's just a mix-up on the destination computers, which were programmed by the same company that brought us Captain Rex. (I like Rex just fine, but he ain't no Artoo-Detoo, I'm just sayin'.) See, it should have read Atraxi VI.

So, the battle is really taking place on the moon Atraxi VI, and it just happens to look very much like the Battle of Hoth would look a few years later on. It's easy to see where people might get confused.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just a small theory for Hoth, and it's probably reaching. In Empire Strikes Back, when Vader was saying that they should set a course for Hoth because the surveillance vids led him to believe that this was the Rebel base, Admiral Ozzel shrugged it off saying that it could be smugglers.

Maybe in the Hoth footage, the Empire is going after some smugglers and not the Rebel Alliance.
    I like this theory. Regardless of the Snowspeeders and Rebel Transports, the Empire could technically still be going after smugglers.

I always wanted to think the Empire is on Hoth as a temporary training base for its Imperial Troopers. They just have to adjust the references to Snowspeeders, Rebel Transports, and harpoon cables disabling the walkers

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Well, the best answer I can come up with, it wasn't Hoth.

So, the battle is really taking place on the moon Atraxi VI, and it just happens to look very much like the Battle of Hoth would look a few years later on. It's easy to see where people might get confused.
    I find this valid as well. They never specifically mention the planet as being Hoth.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Not on the Jedi Council

Oh, and perhaps Yoda didn't spend his entire exile on the swamp planet, perhaps there he went after the events that saw we did. After all, he's quite the trickster...

Pink Five Strikes Back | Funny Videos | Atom.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast