Upgrading Park Hopper to AP

My girlfriend and I will be heading to the park July 9th-12th... And now that the monthly payment plan for the APs have been extended to include all of CA we are considering upgrading our 3 day park hoppers to Deluxe APs... My question is that the first day of our trip is a blockout day so will we be able to upgrade and still use the AP for access that day? Or should we wait until the second day?

• I'm wishing

Re: Upgrading Park Hopper to AP

I believe the day you upgrade can be a block out day and they will give you a special ticket along with your new AP for that day only. Just make sure the other days you are considering after that aren't blocked before you do so. Obviously, you will be anxious to get your pass so that you can get your discounts on food and merchandise. Also, will you have any Magic Morning? If so, make sure to take advantage of that before upgrading!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

Thanks for info...especially the magic morning trip... Totally did not think of that!

• Nor Cal AP'er

Yep all info is correct, I was on the phone with disney this morning, my first day( june 25th) will be on a black-out day,but on the first day of the AP you can use it on that day,the ticket booths are open at 7am and it takes about 15 minutes to get your pic taken and pass given out. I'm excited! :-)
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• DLR Cast Member

You should be able to upgrade your ticket at any time during yoru visit, so long as your ticket has not been fully used (in other words, if you have, say, a 4 day ticket, you can upgrade your ticket on the 4th day, so long as you haven't completed your park visit on the 4th day).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    I believe the day you upgrade can be a block out day and they will give you a special ticket along with your new AP for that day only. Just make sure the other days you are considering after that aren't blocked before you do so. Obviously, you will be anxious to get your pass so that you can get your discounts on food and merchandise. Also, will you have any Magic Morning? If so, make sure to take advantage of that before upgrading!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

I was going to post a similar thread as the OP, glad he did it first.

We were originally going to only get our normal 3-day park hoppers then on the last day upgrade to passports to take advantage of early entry but then I read JulieMouse's post and had forgotten all about the discounts for having AP's.

So now, I guess we'll just buy the Annual Passports right off the bat instead of the 3 day park hopper. I'd rather have dining and merch discounts for my family of 5 than getting in early on 1 day (been there, done that). Oh well.