Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Senior Minion

Re: Avengers Attraction Rumor off another site.

There will be a new attraction in DL based on The Avengers. It will feature highly lifelike animatronics of Patrick Macnee as Steed and Diana Rigg as Emma Peel plus cameo appearances from Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman plus Sean Connery dressed as a giant Teddy Bear. Stay tuned for more totally fabricated updates.....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge View Post
    Hmmm...I was hoping that an actual ride would replace that building. I'll keep hoping. Did they say what Stark Expo might be?
    Seriously, after all of these rumors about a major E-Ticket replacing Innoventions, it BETTER be a ride. DL has had a legit E-Ticket in, what, 16 years!? When I was two years old?

:
    Last edited by Uncle Scrooge; 07-19-2011 at 11:42 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Power Rangers was actually sold back to Haim Saban.

There are some similarities. Power Rangers was bought to be something that would be attractive to boys. It was part of a massive deal that involved Disney acquiring the troubled Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family).

Disney has no grounds to make Universal remove Marvel from Islands of Adventure. The only way that is happening is if Disney offers up a large enough sum of cash that makes Universal agreeable to such a move. That is going to be a huge transaction if it ever happens as Disney will have to pay whatever number Universal demands.
    Disney OWNS Marvel..they have grounds to do what ever they want with their characters. All theyd really have to do is raise the licensing fees so high that Universal wont want to use the characters.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Disney OWNS Marvel..they have grounds to do what ever they want with their characters. All theyd really have to do is raise the licensing fees so high that Universal wont want to use the characters.
    The fees are raised based on the Consumer Price Index. Nothing more.

IV. A. All sums to be paid or expended by MCA hereunder pursuant to Sections I(B), II(B), IV(B)(1)(a)(2), IV(B)(2), V(A), V(C), V(D) and V(E) shall be increased for each year after 1998 using the U.S. national CPI as of December 31, 1998 as the base.

MARVEL AGREEMENT BETWEEN MCA INC. AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

with the recent sell of USO by blackstone share of the parks to NBCUniversal it will be interesting to see if eventually NBC looses interest in the contract for Marvel and instead starts renaming the attractions to something that creates synergy with their studio.

The hulk coaster, Doctor Dooms fearfall and storm force accelatron can easily be renamed since they have little theming. The land is mostly a bunch of structure with huge cut outs of some marvel characters and could easily be removed/replaced.

the only significantly themed attraction is Spiderman and that attraction could get a new overlay and movie from a franchise they own and still use the same ride system.

I could see the reason Blackstone kept the marvel licensing contract going but now that the park has been sold to NBCUniversal they might do the same thing they did in the west coast and terminate it.

They also have a hit with Potterland so its not like they need Marvel around.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    with the recent sell of USO by blackstone share of the parks to NBCUniversal it will be interesting to see if eventually NBC looses interest in the contract for Marvel and instead starts renaming the attractions to something that creates synergy with their studio.

The hulk coaster, Doctor Dooms fearfall and storm force accelatron can easily be renamed since they have little theming. The land is mostly a bunch of structure with huge cut outs of some marvel characters and could easily be removed/replaced.

the only significantly themed attraction is Spiderman and that attraction could get a new overlay and movie from a franchise they own and still use the same ride system.

I could see the reason Blackstone kept the marvel licensing contract going but now that the park has been sold to NBCUniversal they might do the same thing they did in the west coast and terminate it.

They also have a hit with Potterland so its not like they need Marvel around.
    Universal (then MCA) made the deal with Marvel before Blackstone Group got involved and they still retained half of the ownership and the operational control of Universal City Development Partners Ltd while Blackstone Group was involved. Marvel has become a significantly more valuable property since 1994. The character costumes were all updated just a few weeks ago. No need to fix something that is not broken, especially when the contract has come to so heavily favor Universal.

Great, if they announce anything at D23 Expo we can all start boo-ing to really let them know how we feel!
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

that is why i said that it would be interesting to see if NBCUniversal loses interest of that contracts. NBC has never liked the idea of paying other studios for licensing of characters that they do not promote. I have dealt with them with the line of work i am in and of all the studios we have dealt with NBC is not the easiest ones to work with and if they have other options that will still bring in equal revenue to the park they will find ways of pulling out of the deal

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    Great, if they announce anything at D23 Expo we can all start boo-ing to really let them know how we feel!

Speak for yourself! If they can make a high quality Marvel based attraction, I'm all for it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    that is why i said that it would be interesting to see if NBCUniversal loses interest of that contracts. NBC has never liked the idea of paying other studios for licensing of characters that they do not promote. I have dealt with them with the line of work i am in and of all the studios we have dealt with NBC is not the easiest ones to work with and if they have other options that will still bring in equal revenue to the park they will find ways of pulling out of the deal
    They have yet to take such a mentality into their other park operations, even at Universal Studios Hollywood which has Transformers (Universal in a few non-US markets) being built right now.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    Announce anything about what, Universal still having rights east of the Mississippi so Disneyworld can’t have Marvel? I realize this is something to boo about, but I don’t think that they will announce that as it is common knowledge.

Think of it this way, maybe they will announce that something is coming in either Disneyland or California Adventure where Disney can use their Marvel properties and then we will have something to cheer about at D23.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234