• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

DL Hotel Tower Names

Ok, more coments on the DL Hotel. Ever since the hotel's renovation as part of the resort expansion, the hotel has tried to add more character acents. Examples are the Peter Pan themed pool, Fantasia lobby shop, Sorcerer hat, etc. My one suggestion to continue this change is to rename the towers. Sierra, Marina, etc are not appropriate any longer. There is not even a Marina! My suggestion is to rename the towers. Some suggestions for new Tower names I have come up with are:

California (lobby tower), Walt Disney (tower facing parks/DtD), and Hyperion (south Tower closest to the PP Hotel)

I also think that DL really needs to continue to upgrade this hotel (Grand ballroom is UGLY and run down), the parking deck and retro clock tower - ugly, Fantasy waters - closed. I think Pressler and Co. "renovated" this hotel on the cheap and considering the hotels age it could use a second look at ways to improve its overall appeal.

Any thoughts from the crowd? :-)

• /sigh

How about Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

That could work too!

• Santa Barbara, CA

How about Eisner, Ovitz and Katsenburg?.The guests in the Eisner tower would always pay the bills of the guests in the Ovitz and Katsenberg towers upon checkout.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Senior Minion

I was going to suggest Eisner, Pressler and Harris.

The Harris tower would have painted couches.

The Pressler tower would have plush animal shops on every floor, and your elevator and your bathroom would be considered "attractions"

The Eisner tower would have no top floor--just open to the sky. And when you rode the elevator, it would tell you how good it was.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I was going to suggest Eisner, Pressler and Harris.

The Harris tower would have painted couches.

The Pressler tower would have plush animal shops on every floor, and your elevator and your bathroom would be considered "attractions"

The Eisner tower would have no top floor--just open to the sky. And when you rode the elevator, it would tell you how good it was.
    LOVE THAT..how about the Pressler tower where the elevators "run till they fail"?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    LOVE THAT..how about the Pressler tower where the elevators "run till they fail"?
    You're thinking of the newly renamed T Irby Bungalows. Some doors may or may not open. Not all light bulbs may light up. The parkng lot is unpainted and unpaved. There are only three maids during the day for 300 rooms, but the maintenance staff comes out for four hours between 1 am and 5 am.

• Santa Barbara, CA

LOL wotan.
    The last place I stayed is the Iger tower. It's really nice and clean but has no personality and none of the staff will show up for it.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    How about Eisner, Ovitz and Katsenburg?.The guests in the Eisner tower would always pay the bills of the guests in the Ovitz and Katsenberg towers upon checkout.
    The Ovits tower actually doesn't exist... It was actually supposed to be a deal with the Hilton Tower that he haggled down to 1/3 of fair market value... But Eisner thought it cost too much and didn't want to build a monorail track to it...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

The Katsenburg Tower is actually across the street and looks like Disneyland Hotel but all the staff, all former CM's working at the DLH... It's too bad it it has no body staying there after all it does has a swamp for a swimming pool with fowl smelling oger that scares people away...

Sorry I had to work on this one...
    Last edited by cellarhound; 03-10-2005 at 07:05 PM.
    Check out my other blog: