Haunted Mansion faces

I have always wondered but keep forgetting to ask, in the Haunted Mansion ride, the singing guys with faces on the sculptures, are they anyone inparticular?? It almost looks like Walt on one of them. Hope you people know what I am referring to.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Haunted Mansion faces

The one which resembles Walt is Thurl Ravenscroft, singing the bass (he is also known for singing Mr. Grinch and being the voice of Tony the Tiger).

The other faces/vocalists are Chuck Schroeder, Jay Meyer, Verne Rowe, and Bob Ebright.

Thank you very much!! I have always been curious.

• Herr Ducktor!

The characters portrayed on the busts even have names! Cousin Al (Chuck Schroeder), Uncle Theodore (Thurl Ravenscroft), Rollo Rumkin (Verne Rowe), Phineas Pock (Bob Ebright), and Ned Nub (Jay Meyer).

• Shifting cargo

^ How'd you find out their names??

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    The characters portrayed on the busts even have names! Cousin Al (Chuck Schroeder), Uncle Theodore (Thurl Ravenscroft), Rollo Rumkin (Verne Rowe), Phineas Pock (Bob Ebright), and Ned Nub (Jay Meyer).
    Awesome history! Thanks for the names!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Herr Ducktor!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    ^ How'd you find out their names??
    From Doombuggies.com.

To quote:

For the record, each filmstrip was labeled on the leader, and each bust was assigned a character name. They are, from left: Ned Nub (performed by Jay Meyer), Uncle Theodore (Thurl Ravrenscroft), Rollo Rumkin (Verne Rowe), Phineas Pock (Bob Ebright), and Cousin Al (Chuck Schroeder.) On February 14, 1969, all five vocalists gathered in Burbank at the Disney Studio to record the vocal parts for the "Phantom Five" scene, as well as a supplemental chorus that the five sing a capella at the end of the attraction as guests exit. The vocal session was arranged and directed by Allan Davies, a frequent Disney musical contributor.
    Heck, Doombuggies even has sheet music, so you can sing and play along!

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The one which resembles Walt is Thurl Ravenscroft, singing the bass (he is also known for singing Mr. Grinch and being the voice of Tony the Tiger).
    Mr Ravenscroft's voice is also the voice of Fritz in the Enchanted Tiki Room, as well as Tangaroa in the outdoor Tiki Room waiting area. He was also the recorded narrator of the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, and Glory of Christmas state pageant at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA (which, btw, is where his and his wife's ashes are interred).

Mr Ravenscroft was a true Disney Legend, a devout religious man, staunch patriot, and lover of the Disney parks until his death.

Ironically, many of the post- Walt attractions and changes which we frequently argue about and decry as corporate laziness were things that Mr Ravenscroft loved, and had said Walt would approve of. Mr. Ravenscroft never sought publicity or attention, but he definitely abhored the Walt-worship that is commonplace among not only hyperfans, but also the hypercritics of the modern Disney company. I was privileged to know him personally, and was there at his burial when he passed away 6 years ago.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Doombuggies is a great website. As is Dead Men Tell No Tales. They are both run by the same people.

• Tourist

For many years, Thurl Ravenscroft's voice was used for the recorded audio presentation on the Disneyland Railroad.

• Herr Ducktor!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Mr Ravenscroft's voice is also the voice of Fritz in the Enchanted Tiki Room, as well as Tangaroa in the outdoor Tiki Room waiting area. He was also the recorded narrator of the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, and Glory of Christmas state pageant at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA (which, btw, is where his and his wife's ashes are interred).

Mr Ravenscroft was a true Disney Legend, a devout religious man, staunch patriot, and lover of the Disney parks until his death.

Ironically, many of the post- Walt attractions and changes which we frequently argue about and decry as corporate laziness were things that Mr Ravenscroft loved, and had said Walt would approve of. Mr. Ravenscroft never sought publicity or attention, but he definitely abhored the Walt-worship that is commonplace among not only hyperfans, but also the hypercritics of the modern Disney company. I was privileged to know him personally, and was there at his burial when he passed away 6 years ago.
    Thanks for your insight, Rivers. I was always a fan of his. I think he was the first voice actor I was aware of by name (thanks to his distinctive voice AND name!).

He also did some cool novelty duets with Roberta Lee:

YouTube - ‪ROBERTA LEE & THURL RAVENSCROFT WING DING DING X RECORDS‬‏