Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• At the bottom

Re: In General, Ticket Price Increase

Train.......meet wreck.

Wow people are really rude to each other on here... just because you want to prove a point it doesn't mean you have to belittle or act like you're better or smarter than the other person

• Banned User

No belittling or rudeness here. Just a couple of guys discussing corporate law, that's all.

Well, I've got some additional info to help dshimel the corporate law expert here: the Walt Disney Company is incorporated in the state of Delaware. Here's info on Delaware corporate law:

CHAPTER 1. GENERAL CORPORATION LAW

Hmm, guess since I found this first, does that mean dshimel still can out-internets anyone?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Hmm, guess since I found this first, does that mean dshimel still can out-internets anyone?
    Out-internets-ing someone is not always providing the link first. It more commonly involves recognizing when the link it not worth finding as it will not actually add to the conversation.

Was it likely that you really did not know what that purpose of a corporation is? No. Is the law going to be written in a way easily readable to the layman? No. Were you just yanking my chain? yes.

Therefore, actually proving the link would have made me your tool. I am no tool. As evidence, I appropraitely sidestepped your attempted chain pulling with the required sarcastic mock link to an even more irrelivant link.

The fact that you bothered to look it up, without actually attempting to use the link to support your case that the OP gets to decide what is relivant to the corporations price setting strategy makes you my tool.

So, yes, my reign as champion of out internets-ing anyone is confirmed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jon328 View Post
    act like you're better or smarter than the other person
    It is not an act.

Retrocool is attempting a fillibuster. He does not like the answer, therefore, is burying the relivant points under a pile of moot posts. I'm playing along as I am bored and enjoy internets-ing circles around him.

• Banned User

You have not yet answered the question. Therefore, you have FAILED to achieve.

I wasn't yanking your chain. You stated that "it's the law." I wanted you to back that claim up by citing the law in question. You have FAILED to do so. It's not that difficult to state the specific legal statute if you wish to prove a legal claim. However, you have yet to do this.

Therefore, I can only conclude that it is you who is yanking my chain, as well as everyone else's. Good day to you, sir.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Mod Note:

We've already had one of these threads about the price increase closed. Lets play nice or this one may end up suffering the same fate.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Mod Note:

We've already had one of these threads about the price increase closed. Lets play nice or this one may end up suffering the same fate.
    No problem here. I've put dshimel on ignore now.

But you know what? Go ahead and close it anyway. People have already shown which side they're on, and it's like beating a dead horse now. People who can afford the increase will continue to go, those who can't, won't, and those who can simply don't care that there are those who can't. So why belabor the point anymore? End it now.

A company has a fiduciary duty to it's shareholders. That's the most basic of corporation law.

http://apps.americanbar.org/buslaw/n...rials/tip3.pdf

Also relevant is the common law "business judgment rule."

The United States, except for Louisiana, uses case law, not English law. Not all laws are written in statues, most laws are in fact developed and modified over time through case history.

Can't believe somebody is trying to argue otherwise. Can't afford a ticket? Save up for one.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    No problem here. I've put dshimel on ignore now.

But you know what? Go ahead and close it anyway. People have already shown which side they're on, and it's like beating a dead horse now. People who can afford the increase will continue to go, those who can't, won't, and those who can simply don't care that there are those who can't. So why belabor the point anymore? End it now.

You have continued to beat said dead horse with his own leg bone again 3 pages into a 2nd thread on the same topic!!!!!! If you really wanted it to end you would have not continued to keep posting. OMG.....please bury that damned horse so he can RIP!

(why the hell do people start topics that are essentially the same as other topics already on the boards??? Maybe people should read a few pages into the boards before they start creating new threads.) Wait....did I say that out loud...SORRY!

NOTE TO MODERATORS: IF YOU DO CLOSE THIS THREAD, I BEG YOU NOT TO HAVE IT BE A MARK ON ME. Its sad to see that a simple discussion can turn so grimy so quickly. that was not my intent. feel free to close this thread too as it has becoming blatantly apparent that a simple discussion is incapable of becoming existent.

• Make it Cool

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Meets_Body View Post
    NOTE TO MODERATORS: IF YOU DO CLOSE THIS THREAD, I BEG YOU NOT TO HAVE IT BE A MARK ON ME. Its sad to see that a simple discussion can turn so grimy so quickly. that was not my intent. feel free to close this thread too as it has becoming blatantly apparent that a simple discussion is incapable of becoming existent.

Unfortunately I think the time as come that we need to put this to bed once and for all. There are just certain topics of discussion on MiceChat that no matter what or no matter how hard everyone tries... just can't stay friendly. Thread closed.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123