Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Where's the best place to eat in the Disneyland Park?

We're heading to Disneyland in August and the prices are getting pretty high for food in the park. Anyone know the best value eatery? Also, prices aside, where will get the best meal?

• Banned User

Re: Where's the best place to eat in the Disneyland Park?

If price is no object, then Blue Beyou is the best food (if you like cajun, french-ish, not typical American steak and potato type food).

Best value in Disneyland? No.

All the food in Disneyland is overpraced and really bad. Walk over to McDonalds for food that is half the price and tastes twice as good (and I'm no fan of McDonalds).

• Carbon based

Blue Bayou is definitely the best one. Cafe Orleans (across from it) is pretty good too (love the crepes, beignets, etc.)

Yes, all of it is overly expensive.

Do a search, there was a thread on food at Disneyland lately.

Edit: Found the thread here

Also, if you venture into DCA, both the Trattoria and Ariel's grotto have some good food too.

Lastly, I personally like some of the new offerings at Hungry Bear in DL or at Lucky Fortune cookery in DCA. Downtown Disney and the hotels have significant more choice (and quality too).

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel View Post
    All the food in Disneyland is overpraced and really bad. Walk over to McDonalds for food that is half the price and tastes twice as good (and I'm no fan of McDonalds).
    I guess it is personal opinion. I vehemently disagree about that and I think that not only DL has pretty tasty food (not everywhere though), most if not all of it beats McD. Except for the fries maybe, if you're not into the Church of Sweet Potatoes (which is very trendy.)

Agree to disagree!
    Last edited by TreoFred; 06-17-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added the link to the old thread

• Not on the Jedi Council

You can figure the prices in the park are roughly $7 for a kid's meal, $10 for an adult's.

If you want to pay less, go to the center court between Disneyland and California Adventure. On one end is Downtown Disney, the other way and past the buses is Harbor Blvd. You will find Captain Kidd's, a Denny's, Tony Roma's and a Mimi's Cafe all within a short walking distance.

Your best bet for the stuff outside the park is here:
    So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews

I like the Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA for hamburger meals at about $8-$10 each. For me, the best food can be found at the Grand California Hotel's Storyteller's Cafe. It's a buffet that costs about $22 but the food is prime rib and so on. You get small loves of bread with the orders and really great service.

All you can eat at the Thunder Ranch BBQ is also a good bet, since I found the food to be tasty.

But for a comprehensive list, try these sites:
    Disneyland Menus • DL & DCA Area Restaurants
    Disneyland Resort Menus

• First star to the right..

i can't wait for the new places to eat in DCA by GSS!!!! at night this will be the best spot to eat!!!!

• ******** Gold Member

Depends on how hungry you are, but you can order kids meals for any age, or you can split something like the chicken alfredo at Pizza Port or an entree at Rancho del Zocalo. The kiddie turkey wrap at DCA Pacific Wharf Cafe was enough for my lunch.

You can get appetizers (lobster nachos is a pretty large dish) at DCA Cove Bar. Sit out on the terrace overlooking the lake.

I noticed there are more salads and healthy choices available, which I appreciate. Actually the fast food prices at, say, Tomorrowland Terrace, could be much worse than they are right now, imho. Maybe you can get by with two peeps splitting a burger or mahi mahi sandwich & fries.

More pricey, I like Blue Bayou, although it's not a huge amount of food for someone really hungry. Plaza Inn has filling American cuisine <-- time it right & you can watch a parade pass by.

Have a great time!!!!!

• Senior Minion

One of the last few spots where the food is actually good and healthy is River Belle Terrace. I really like their turkey sandwich a lot. You basically get a bun with a lot of turkey in it, your choice of a side salad/fruit, and then head on over to the toppings bar where you can select from a good number of items. With a drink it comes to around $15, but you get a good meal that will keep you full.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel View Post
    If price is no object, then Blue Beyou is the best food (if you like cajun, french-ish, not typical American steak and potato type food).

Best value in Disneyland? No.

Just out of curiosity, it is so bad, then why were you recommending a place to eat? Are you saying that Blue Bayou is the exception?

By the way, I don't know when the last time you ate in the park, but the quality of food has really improved lately. If you haven't been in a while, you will be in for a pleasant surprise.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    ..Also, if you venture into DCA, both the Trattoria and Ariel's grotto have some good food too.

Lastly, I personally like some of the new offerings at Hungry Bear in DL or at Lucky Fortune cookery in DCA. Downtown Disney and the hotels have significant more choice (and quality too).

I guess it is personal opinion. I vehemently disagree about that and I think that not only DL has pretty tasty food (not everywhere though), most if not all of it beats McD. Except for the fries maybe, if you're not into the Church of Sweet Potatoes (which is very trendy.)...
    I have to agree that Mcd's is gross, that the food in disneyland has improved for the better and it's much tastier then mcd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    i can't wait for the new places to eat in DCA by GSS!!!! at night this will be the best spot to eat!!!!
    Me too! I know the food is going to rock because DCA has the best places to eat already!! Way better then captain kidd's or Mcd's.... FYI on Captain Kidd's that is the worst place to eat at, but if you don't mind being sick the rest of your trip go ahead and eat at Captain Kidd's!

Personally Mimi's is less then 8 min walk from the park and they are super good! But DTD also offers some fantastic places as well so you might want to check those out! Also Hungry Bear just had a menu revamp and the food is super duper good now.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Personally Mimi's is less then 8 min walk from the park and they are super good! But DTD also offers some fantastic places as well so you might want to check those out! Also Hungry Bear just had a menu revamp and the food is super duper good now.
    The are so many places to eat at the resort now between the parks and Downtown Disney that I rarely venture off site anymore, but while we are on the subject of short walks, there also used to be a Tony Roma's right across the street, too. Not sure if it's still there, but they have the best onion ring appetizer.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MargyDisneylandLover

for breakfast i think the best would be between carnation cafe and the breakfast buffet at the plaza inn

for lunch or dinner i really have to say cafe orleans is the best both for food and it is a pretty good value

just my opinion
    Last edited by RemainSeatedPlz87; 06-17-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: misspelling
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, it is so bad, then why were you recommending a place to eat? Are you saying that Blue Bayou is the exception?
    OP asked 2 questions. Best value and best regardless of price. Best if price is not oblect is blue Bayou. For value, there is no restautant in Disneyland park that is a value.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    By the way, I don't know when the last time you ate in the park, but the quality of food has really improved lately. If you haven't been in a while, you will be in for a pleasant surprise.
    Fussili back to the old portions? Or do you still get like 4 pieces of chicken? Are the chicken strips back at Golden Horeshoe, or do you still get half a dozen tiny, tasteless nuggets? Do they still cook up the hamburger patteis up in advance and soak them in hot water until ordered, washing away any semblance of taste? Fries still cold, soggy, rubber?

There is one place I'll grab a corn dog, but that place doesn't need longer lines.

I do not do Disneyland food anymore. Loss of the Chicken strips and shrunken down fusilli portions were the straws that broke my back.

• Keepin' it calsteady

If you're used to going out to decent, non-chain restaurants you will find the food at Disneyland to be bad. I find it best to just expect that and then stick to simple stuff like a corn dog or burger rather than thinking the "nicer" places at DL will be any good. Because compared to dining in the real world, they're just not any good.

Or do what my nephew does and just get 2 or 3 ice cream sandwiches a day. They're cheaper than meals and taste much better.

• I'm from Canada eh!

We really enjoy Cafe Orleans and the Blu Bayou, but usually share a meal to save on cost. Like others have said there are some decent family resturants on the Harbour side of the park that have a really good value for the food, Mimmi's being our fav.

• formerly very helpful

I don't go to Disneyland looking for good food. You won't find it there. I look for good atmosphere, with food that's edible. I like Hungry Bear or Village House for atmosphere. Also French Market or Cafe Orleans are pleasant places to be. You won't find excellent food in Disneyland. And you won't find value.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast