• 50%Princess 50%Cowgirl

Disneyland Tours?

Hi Everyone! My dad and I just booked our trip for October and we have always wanted to take a Disney tour! We are really excited about this trip because we will be celebrating getting healthy and a late birthday present for my 21st birthday. I have looked on the Disney website at the tours but I am not sure where to look for costs and times. Has anyone ever gone on a tour, if so which one and is it worth it? Thank you so much for your help! Have a wonderful day!

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Disneyland Tours?

Now I have never been on any tours, but I know that they have two to choose from one is a segway tour that looks really fun, And the Disneyland walk in walts footsteps tour looks really fun. Here is the link where you can find the prices and which tour is right for you
    Guided Tours | Disneyland Resort

Hope you and your dad have a blast.

• 50%Princess 50%Cowgirl

Thank you so much!

• Elk Grove Chris

I think the Segway tour has been on hiatus with all of the construction in CA.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Minion

I've heard from friends and people on these boards that the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is very very cool. If I ever had the chance, I would love to do that one.

• Hukuna Matata!

I posted that link on there cause I thought I saw the prices listed.

• Down Pluto!

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is great fun. Went on it with my 2 adult children (something you can relate to I'm sure) and it was an afternoon well spent. Our tour guide, Dee, was entertaining and she had as much fun as we did. We got to see some things that not many guests get to see...

I and my two "kids" would recommend it.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Last November, we took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour during our honeymoon. It was $59 per person and included the tour, a light lunch, and a collector's pin. It lasted around 4 hours or so. I recommend getting the earliest tour of the day because it begins before they drop the rope on Main Street. Seeing Disneyland empty is a strange but rewarding experience. The tour included a showing of the Tikiroom (and a small behind the scenes, after the show clears) and you get to go into the lobby of Club 33.

We enjoyed it as it was our first tour in Disneyland.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Nerd

They have a GREAT tour for Halloween that is ghostly interesting, bizarre and fun. Look into that tour.

Here is my review from a couple of years ago. Happiest Haunts Tour
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• 50%Princess 50%Cowgirl

Thank you everyone!

• DLR Cast Member

I HIGHLY recommend the Walk in Walt'ss Footsteps tour. I did that for my wife's birthday one year (long before I was a CM) and it was worth every penny.

I haven't done the Happiest Haunts tour, but several of my friends have done it, and they say it's to die for, no pun intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris001 View Post
    I think the Segway tour has been on hiatus with all of the construction in CA.
    Yep, it's been suspended indefinitely. The assumption is that it will resume once the construction is complete, which won't be for another year or so. I've been wanting to do this one, so I'm waiting intently for it to return.

I did the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour this past May. I wanted to provide an alternate perspective from some of the other reviews here. To put this in perspective: I am a visitor who travels over 3,000 miles to get to Disneyland. I made 3 several-day visits this past year so I wasn't trying to cram too much into one day. However, there were times during the tour that I was kind of over it and was ready to go my own way. I do not mean to sound like a know-it-all, but I feel like I already know a lot about Walt Disney I've read several biographies and have seen quite a few documentaries. I was going into this hoping to learn things that may not have been in biographies or in the "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" doc. If you're a Walt fanatic, you might not learn much that you already didn't know. We had a tour guide that was sweet, but she didn't know some basic facts about Walt that people asked her questions about. You could tell that she was sticking very closely to the script and didn't know much off-script information. I understand that every tour guide is different, but be prepared to possibly know more than your tour guide at times. The Club 33 lobby was pretty cool and for me, seeing one of the original Tiki Room flower animatronics was a highlight. I just wanted you to be prepared that its a lot of walking very slowly, listening to Walt quotes on headphones, and doing just a couple attractions (for my tour, Jungle Cruise, Railroad, and Tiki Room).

Basically, I feel like my time at Disneyland is too precious to spend it so scripted in exchange for the little information that I found out about Walt. In the end, I'm not dumping on the tour; I just think it is better suited for people who aren't overly familiar with Walt's involvement in the development of Disneyland. Also, if you're only at Disneyland for a short time, you may find exploring the Park yourself more enjoyable. I hope this is helpful to you in making your decision.