Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question World of Color Question

Hi! My dad and I are going to go see World of Color next week, and we got the packaged deal where we eat at the Wine Country Trattoria and then receive premium viewing tickets for World of Color. We were wondering where you begin to line up for the premium viewing spot and when the best time to arrive would be to be at the beginning of the line so we can get the best spot to stand in the premium viewing area. Thanks!

• Minion

Re: World of Color Question

They keep everyone, including the Premium Dining people, around the tall, red tower just in front of the Little Mermaid main entrance.

Depending on what time your ticket says, I would say to get there about 30 minutes before the first time. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    They keep everyone, including the Premium Dining people, around the tall, red tower just in front of the Little Mermaid main entrance.

Depending on what time your ticket says, I would say to get there about 30 minutes before the first time. Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much!!!! You really helped us out a lot!!

• Minion

No problem!

I don't think I made myself clear on the second point.

If your ticket says to get there between 7-8, I would get there at 6:30. There. haha That's more clear.

No problem!

I don't think I made myself clear on the second point.

If your ticket says to get there between 7-8, I would get there at 6:30. There. haha That's more clear.
    Oh I see! Well that sounds like an awesome plan then! I can't thank you enough!

• Minion

^ No worries!

Also make sure you get a spot where you are directly in front of a fence or rope
    see link below

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-chrSsIGPnU...00/wocview.jpg
    The big gray spot near D2 is my personal favorite.
    If the show starts at 9 you need to be at that spot by 810.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Also make sure you get a spot where you are directly in front of a fence or rope
    see link below

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-chrSsIGPnU...00/wocview.jpg
    The big gray spot near D2 is my personal favorite.
    If the show starts at 9 you need to be at that spot by 810.

Thank you!!! That's great advice!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

I'm still tossing up what viewing option to go for, when we go to see WoC for the first time in December; what are MCers best recommendations? I'd love to hit up the VIP section after getting to see F! from the Dream Suite, but as I understand it, thats not so easy to do with WoC

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• DLR Cast Member

^ This.

If you're not sure, jsut ask your server when s/he brings your your bill. S/he will glagly direct you where you need to go. The WOC CM's are very helpful and friendly. Just show them your fastpass, and they'll guide you to where you need to go.

I hope you enjoy Wine Country Trattoria. I've done the WOC dining package there several times. The food is impeccable, and the service is top notch.

Interesting that on our last trip we did the Wine Country Trattoria WOC lunch (its really an excellent place to eat) and got fastpasses for the Blue section - just to the left of center. Tends to get really crowded in there. On our previous trip, we did the Ariel's Grotto WOC Dinner and got passes for the White section - dead center and far less crowded. Not sure how the allocation of dining packages WOC fastpasses works.

A third option I took one time was to skip the dining packages and fastpass line altogether, get a couple of cold ones from the Karl Strauss beer wagon and go stand by the rail in front of Ariel's Grotto. It's side angle but we had a great time and its nice to be able to really lean on something. You have to show up about 5 or 5:30 to get a spot by the rail though. A really long wait but a great place to watch the sun set.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Interesting that on our last trip we did the Wine Country Trattoria WOC lunch (its really an excellent place to eat) and got fastpasses for the Blue section - just to the left of center.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "white" section. The main viewing area is divided into Red (audience right), Blue (audience center) and Yellow (audience left). The Dining fastpass section for WCC and AG patrons is located in the front of Blue.

When it first premiered, you had to get there at elast 1 hour prior to the start of the show. But now, you'll do fine with 1/2 hr prior. That's also true for the standby areas like the one you're describing. During off-peak, if they're doing a second show, it's even possible to get a decent view for the second show. They did a really good job building the dedicated viewing area. It's nothing remotely close to the sardine can that is the Fantasmic viewing area.

Oh, also, be aware that the viewing areas are standing only.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 06-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "white" section. .
    I guess because the perferred dining section sign is white, he thought it was the white section.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I guess because the perferred dining section sign is white, he thought it was the white section.
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "white" section. The main viewing area is divided into Red (audience right), Blue (audience center) and Yellow (audience left). The Dining fastpass section for WCC patrons is located in the front of Blue.

Oh, also, be aware that the viewing areas are standing only.
    It was White but you are right, it was exclusively for Dining Packages and probably in front of the Blue section closer to the middle of Mickey. I believe Club 33 members even have another sectioned off section within these boundaries. Someone I work with has doctor friends who are Club 33 members, they invited him and his wife along with them to watch WOC. Club 33 members really don't have to stand next to anybody (other than other club members), right in the middle, plenty of space, and minimal obstruction.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast