My opinion on the Circle Theater

One thing that I always thought DCA has lacked was something of an obvious centerpiece to the park, something like the castle to Disneyland. I really hope that it will take the place of Grizzly River Run and become the new piece that is featured in logos.Right now it is obviously Grizzly River Run. So I've always hoped that the theater will have somethig close to the same effect that the castle gives off. Obviously I don't think anything will come close but maybe somewhat close.

---------- Post added 06-20-2011 at 03:35 PM ----------

Guess just wondering if anyone else thinks or hopes the same

Re: My opinion on the Circle Theater

I personally love the idea of the circle theatre at DCA. Whilst I think you're definitely correct in saying that it probably won't have the same impact as SBC, I too hope that it will be used in logos for DCA. ALthough, I think it might be advantageous for there to be something obviously Disney on the actual building, or even in front or next to it, so that when people get their photos taken in front of the theatre it will be obvious that they are at a Disney park. But this is just a small issue. I don't think that it is necessarily that important for the circle to become a quintessential photo op like SBC, but it would be cool if it was.

I'd like to see it christened with a few drunk little people on the roof.

The problem with Grizzly being the centerpiece of DCA was that it's not positioned well. At least not compared with SBC in Disneyland. SBC is just right there, at the end of Main Street, beckoning the guest to come in and stay awhile. Grizzly could have had that same affect (or effect? Meh.) but it's off center to the right and you really can't see it. AND it's pointed in the wrong direction! Who wants to look at the back of a stone bears head? And the hubcap sun fountain just didn't have the draw that SBC has or the Carthay will have.

I agree with you all. The Carthay is gonna be boss!!!

I think they'll have different types of landmarks/centerpieces to use with the logos for DCA. Some with Grizzly, some with Carthay, some with........I don't know, ToT. Maybe Paradise Pier too. It's always good to have the problem of too much of a selection.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    The problem with Grizzly being the centerpiece of DCA was that it's not positioned well. At least not compared with SBC in Disneyland. SBC is just right there, at the end of Main Street, beckoning the guest to come in and stay awhile. Grizzly could have had that same affect (or effect? Meh.) but it's off center to the right and you really can't see it. AND it's pointed in the wrong direction! Who wants to look at the back of a stone bears head? And the hubcap sun fountain just didn't have the draw that SBC has or the Carthay will have.

I think they'll have different types of landmarks/centerpieces to use with the logos for DCA. Some with Grizzly, some with Carthay, some with........I don't know, ToT. Maybe Paradise Pier too. It's always good to have the problem of too much of a selection.
    Good point! I agree that having many landmarks is not necessarily a bad thing

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post

Yes, with all these potential icons, what do they choose their logo to be? Toon Town style with old school Mickey. Logic...????

It will work as TodAZ1 said. Because when i first went there i thought the Golden Gate Bridge was the centerpiece.

Can't wait to see how it turns out. I agree with you.