Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Best ride since Walt died.

What is the best attraction created since the death of Walt Disney in 1966?
    Pirates doesn't count as he walked it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Sock Puppet

ToT, or Indy. Both really really great.

• My Children's Father

Splash Mountain. First real "flume" ride .... nice and long .... good mix of thrills and theming .....good queue ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• That's Hawt

I would have to say .... well, I don't know if Haunted Mansion counts as he was there for part of the construction ... if that counts then Haunted Mansion, if that doesn't count then Indy ... thrilling yet incredibly themed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Vehicle rotating backward

Haunted Mansion counts because that showpiece building sat there for years and years with a little "Come back again! Growing cobwebs takes time!" sign and no ride attatched to it.

The most commonly held view of history, including the one used in a few Disney shows here and there, is that Pirates is Walt's last ride.

My own opinion is that it's probably either Space Mountain or one of the big Tokyo rides like Pooh or 20,000 Leagues. They're still Disney creations, and even if another company is funding them they still count as attractions tapped from the minds at Disney.

• Resident Science Nerd

I have to say TOT, because I really like thrill rides.

• Banned User

Splash. Indy's great too.

I know this is going to be considerded blasphomy to 99.9% of the members on this board, but I honestly think that the majority of the post Walt rides are far superior to the Walt era rides.

• Senior Minion

Haunted Mansion, the splendor of haunted mansions!!
    Then INDY- Why? The Queue area, and the AT&T translation cards, the involvement and Immersion before Fastpass came along. Ive have never been able to enjoy alot of the hallway waiting areas of Indy. It just gives you a feel of being in cave, 1920's to 30's feel, Artifacts, etc great stuff!!

Orville that avatar looks like UGGGGner!!
    Great job!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Splash Mountain is my fav... and I dont think I would count Haunted Mansion as post Walt Disney because he worked on the concept and I think he even walked through a couple of parts of it when it was still a walk through (while still under construction i'm guessing). The concept was by him, the only real change to it was that the Disney Imagineers, after he died, had to figure out some way to tie together scary and funny. There by X Atencio came up with the Grim Grinning Ghosts song and I believe after his death they figured out that they needed a better way to move people around. (They orginally were just going to have ghost host cast members take you to seperate rooms for a couple minutes and then cool stuff would happen).
    (insert funny comment here)

• Sock Puppet

You know that it is either Indy or the Rocket Rods, no clownin!

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Well since the only ride in the park was built before Walt died I would say that it is still Mr. Toads Wild Ride. If you want to be anal lol and change it to attraction, I would have to say Indy is right up there as the top. But overall from a family stand point I would say Splash. Sure the drop may scare some but it is a great family attraction.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

ToT. The concept and execution alone win me over. Funny how it seemed so much more special before it came to the west coast though...I guess I've been spoiled by riding it 100+ times.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

so many classics

Mansion, Indy, Splash, Space, Big Thudner o_o alot of the greatest came AFTER walt

Mansion is my fav but recently Indy has come up to pretty much equal the mansion

• Minion

The new Buzz Lightyear. Great Idea merging a ride and interactive game. Hope to see more of them coming.

• I was deleted.

I don't know. I still love the classic attractions a lot more like the dark rides, Tiki Room, Small World, etc. I must say... Superstar Limo!!!!!!! Don't worry, I'm only kidding. Indy for sure, Splash is a close second and Star Tours/Philar Magic tied in 3rd. I know Star Wars is old, but I enjoyed it so much when I was a kid (it came out the year I was born) and it is around 19 years old.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast