Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Thanks for the report and link on the Disneyland Ticket Scam

I figured she would go down eventually. My daughter purchased from her ad on Craigs 4 premium season passes for 800.00 in the summer of 2010. I am as skeptical as they come so I asked her to find out if they had a reciept , had the tickets in hand ( not go here or there and pick them up) and of course went with her to sit in the car with the kids( cell phone in hand of course) while she handed the lady 800.00.
    There was a receipt from a travel agency and the hard plastic ticket. Here story was that she was to move to the orange co area since her hubby was being transfered and had a travel agent friend of a friend get her passes to ...ease her kids pain of moving away from friends etc....and whoops the transfer fell through and she had to just recoup what she could.
    In my dd research for others who had this same scam pulled on them , none involved shared tickets or cheap tickets ( which are also an agency running shared tickets all over socal ). All of these persons so far had hard plastic tickets.
    So where did they come from? Esp the AP's ???? are that many just tossed when used and people go thru the garbage looking for them??? Dd waited until Christmas time when my son in law was home from school to take the family to Disneyland to share the holiday magic . I have never heard her cry like she did when she called and said "...mom that woman stole my money and the boys christmas presents..." we all feel so violated when something like this happens to us.
    Disney said they had no idea how these AP cards were out but that they were no good. Thankfully they gave them on day park hoppers to get in that day I am impressed and it did restore a bit of the magic.
    Luckly they were able to scrape enough together to get the military deal and enjoy the stay that they had planned for the holidays.
    As of today after the article link on Micechat two more police reports were filled in Placer Co, hopefully more have come up in other areas also. This woman was bound to fall you just dont mess with Disney lovers.
    Any one else have any updates???

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Thanks for the report and link on the Disneyland Ticket Scam

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand much of what you said :-/

• Minion

i don't really understand are you saying you payed over priced for fake tickets? oh well i gave my best shot

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I'm sorry, I couldn't understand much of what you said :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    i don't really understand are you saying you payed over priced for fake tickets? oh well i gave my best shot
    There was a post not too long ago with a link about a woman that had been arrested for selling fake DLR tickets on craigslist.

As the days have gone by more and more victims are coming out of the woodwork. This lady is obviously the mother of one of the victims.

To the OP: I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. But, as the saying goes: If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Multiply that by 1000 when the too good to be true is posted on craigslist.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I think the OP is referring to the recent news of a ticket scammer that was arrested here in Nor Cal.

WCPD: Disneyland ticket scammer arrested in Pleasant Hill : Local: In Contra Costa

It was posted today on Dateline Disneyland
    http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-d...move-more.html
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

Sounds awful, but it just shows how dodgy some people can be. Probably best to only buy tickets the 'official' ways.

• Minion

To the OP, people often swipe blank APs and parkhoppers off shelves where they sell gift cards. Since they don't PAY for them, they are never activated and have a $0 value. Sorry your daughter was caught in this scam.

---------- Post added 06-20-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    She is saying her daughter paid $800 for 4 premium passes ($200 each) last summer. Since this was less than 50% of the list price, the bells should have been going off for her.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Sorry thought that I had linked/referenced todays In Parks article.
    It was my daughter who this happened to , today she gave all the evidence to the Placer Co sheriff when making a report and he thought it all looks like pretty good work to him.
    Yes I mentioned the too good to be true standard, she got excited, asked questions of the seller and took what she thought was a legitiment reciept and ap passes.
    I would never say I told you so to her, her belief in people really dropped that day she felt bad enough and didnt need me to reinforce it.
    She is not poverty level poor but like many others times are just not what they use to be. She was married at the DL hotel, has been an ap holder before and her boys have inhereted her love of Disneyland, so she got disney excited and blinded maybe.
    The goal of my post was just to let micechatters be aware that if they have friends or relatives that may have been duped by this woman to have them call the walnut creek police station and file a complaint, the more charges she has the more she will have to pay for what she has done.
    This was just so uncool .Also thanks to the mice staff for posting the story and to Nemofinder22 for linking back to it.

• Minion

never trust Craigslist or any other place or site only official Disneyland websites and places that sell tickets

It's a music Celebration
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

• Hukuna Matata!

Its sad but its just like playing the lotto, I have family that insisted on buying tickets off a lady that sounds like the same line, but the tickets were park hopper passes they paid 125 each for three days, and I told them, you are going to get ripped off, you better get her plate number and get a picture of her id or something, they did nothing I told them to and the things actually worked then she met us at the gate at the end of the third day and he handed them over just like that. I thought she just buys the most amounts of park hopper days she can "Sometime Travel agents have options for more days" and in the end makes money, My point being I cant believe it worked I would never try it, I have heard that gate go "Wobble wobble" Instead of whistle and That would kill me.

Angry Re: Thanks for the report and link on the Disneyland Ticket Scam

hello my name is jose and today i got scam for 180 on 4 disneyland tickets...
    after realising there ware used tickets the scamer never answare my call.
    i asked my wife to pretend she was a new costumer looking for tickets
    he took the bait and agree to meet my wife in a diferent location...one there me and a frien maide a citizens arrest and mange to get hes i.d. wile he trie to pay me back and beg me not to call the police
    unfurtuanally for him i did, he we got in to a fight and he mange to run away with my money,
    i ended staying with his i.d.
    finally after 30 minutes the police show up and made a report they took hes i.a. and the tickets for evidence...
    i have a picture of all item and i want this scamer behind bars ware he deserves,
    if anyone has been scam by an asian guy withthis number 71473561250 for disnay tickets on the northridge,long beach,san fernando,anaheim,fullerton area
    this might be the same guy email me i will share hes info....hes destroying kids dreams...help please!!

ESCUSE MY SPELLING..IM SO FRUSTATED.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people still are buying these fake tickets. Yes, the scammers are stupid, but they are still in business because people are giving them their money.

Just buy the tickets from an official source.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by joselopezd22 View Post
    hello my name is jose and today i got scam for 180 on 4 disneyland tickets...
    after realising there ware used tickets the scamer never answare my call.
    i asked my wife to pretend she was a new costumer looking for tickets
    he took the bait and agree to meet my wife in a diferent location...one there me and a frien maide a citizens arrest and mange to get hes i.d. wile he trie to pay me back and beg me not to call the police
    unfurtuanally for him i did, he we got in to a fight and he mange to run away with my money,
    i ended staying with his i.d.
    finally after 30 minutes the police show up and made a report they took hes i.a. and the tickets for evidence...
    i have a picture of all item and i want this scamer behind bars ware he deserves,
    if anyone has been scam by an asian guy withthis number 71473561250 for disnay tickets on the northridge,long beach,san fernando,anaheim,fullerton area
    this might be the same guy email me i will share hes info....hes destroying kids dreams...help please!!

ESCUSE MY SPELLING..IM SO FRUSTATED.
    Wait that 714 number is too long to be a real phone number

• Minion

I bought my AP from a ticket booth once. No issues

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I bought my AP from a ticket booth once. No issues
    n00b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast