• My Children's Father

Brief Trip Report

Hello all!

I haven't posted or even read much here lately, largely because I was entertaining out-of-state visitors. Fortunately, a 4-day (November 20-23) trip to the Resort (the first in 2 years) was part of the planned festivities.

I'll spare you the gory details ....... and list some of the major observations/highlights:

1. We (party of 7) were blessed with a ride in the rear of the monorail

2. CMs were all quite courteous, especially the security guy that found out for me that the canoes would not be open that particular day .... but would be the next.

3. Rode ToT for the first time ...... very interesting ...... the wife hated it

4. Something must be done about the out-of-control stroller use. Charging admission for kids under 3, or requiring the rental of Disney strollers, or having the ocaisional "stroller-free" day were some of the more practical ideas we bandied about.

5. Why don't they have seats in the Main Street Cinema?

6. We stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. I would stay there again.

7. Food and service at the Blue Bayou were GREAT!

8. Tried the touch-screen kiosk at TPG ..... worked OK, but it seemed the CMs behind the counter were a little ..... unfamiliar with what was ordered.

9. I liked the 'new and improved' Space Mountain, it seemed shorter than I remembered

10. I know it has been this way for a while, but the dearth of land-specific merchandise is deplorable.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Brief Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    5. Why don't they have seats in the Main Street Cinema?
    I'm guessing it's to keep people from hanging out in there too long or falling asleep. Plus, there's just not that much room; it's an awfully small building. And the sound cartoons (Steamboat Willie and I think one more) get kind of muddled if you don't have the right soundtrack, which involves being pretty close to the screen.

And I absolutely agree about the lack of land-specific merchandise too. I went into a Claire's Boutique in the mall and it had better PotC stuff than Pieces of Eight. (They even had a PotC lanyard!)

Thanks for the musings!

• MC State Comptroller

4. Something must be done about the out-of-control stroller use. Charging admission for kids under 3, or requiring the rental of Disney strollers, or having the ocaisional "stroller-free" day were some of the more practical ideas we bandied about.
    What do you mean?

Strollers are a nesscesity for families. I use mine for my son all the time. He is going to be 3 next week and we where just at DL. I admit there are a lot of strollers, but Dl is a family place. For children of all ages. I don't think it is out of control. That would be like saying "The Wheelchair use at Bingo night was out-of-control". Why should parents be punished for bringing their kids. A "stroller-free" day is a good idea if we could also have a "old grump" free day.

I don't mean to sound mean, but even when i was a care-free teenager i never went to DL and complained about the strollers or the numerous children. That is DL, if you don't like it don't go.

PS What is the difference if someone uses a disney stroller or home brought one. I checked and mine is actually smaller in size than the DL ones.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• My Children's Father

I am only complaining about stroller mis-use. Among other things, this includes:

1) Not controlling the stroller through inattentiveness or lack of physical control when negotiating crowds, resulting in "clipping" ankles/feet

2) Allowing the child that should be using the stroller to push the stroller (I was nearly knocked over by a 3-year old pushing an overloaded stroller)

3) Pushing a stroller though a crowd without a child in it. I saw a double-wide stroller being pushed through the crowds with nothing mor ethan a small merch bag in one of the seats. Where were the kids?

My biggest gripe is that strollers take up more space than most people do, and on crowded days they can cause problems ..... perhaps restrictions would only be needed on the most crowded of days .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• A Pirate's life for me!

After witnessing a large man fall onto a stroller with a child in it, we don't blame folks who maneuver through the crowds without the child in it for their own safety.

Of course, we don't recommend cutting through crowds with a stroller to begin with, but if you must, we don't blame the parents for pushing them while they are empty.

Maybe those folks saw the same mishap that we did...

• MC State Comptroller

I am only complaining about stroller mis-use. Among other things, this includes:

1) Not controlling the stroller through inattentiveness or lack of physical control when negotiating crowds, resulting in "clipping" ankles/feet

2) Allowing the child that should be using the stroller to push the stroller (I was nearly knocked over by a 3-year old pushing an overloaded stroller)

3) Pushing a stroller though a crowd without a child in it. I saw a double-wide stroller being pushed through the crowds with nothing mor ethan a small merch bag in one of the seats. Where were the kids?

My biggest gripe is that strollers take up more space than most people do, and on crowded days they can cause problems ..... perhaps restrictions would only be needed on the most crowded of days .......

I do agree with you, but this type of stuff happens at any crowded event. This happens at the mall at Christmas.

Due to my Parkinson's i have to use a ECV and i have seen this happen to people in them.

What i usually notice is it happens a lot, especially when people stop in their tracks to ooh and aahh at the sights. You don't know how many times i have almost flipped my ECV trying to avoid looky loos who have no common courtsey and stop to look at some window on main street or who are using the CLEARLY MARKED THROUGHFAIR'S of a parade to stop really quick to see Mickey. It is annoying and stupid, but everytime i go i realize i am going to have to put up with it.

I admit there are a fair share of Parents who have no idea how to navigate a stroller, but i think a majority of these accidents would be avoided if people would move to the side of a throughfair to look around instead of right in front of someone.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions