Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Question Cars Land: What Happens IF Cars 2 Flops?

I have been reading different reviewers and different Cars fan forums and allot of people are saying Cars 2 is going to flop. Im not meaning its not going to get no money, Im sure it will get a ton but Im just saying the way it looks now it lacks Pixar quality. Saying that whats going to happen to Cars Land? What do you think?
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 06-22-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

• Minion

Re: Cars Land: What Happens WHEN Cars 2 Flops?

i think they should have never made cars 2 IMO its a good installment and all but just plane cars(1) was fine it had a great story line and it ended well they should have made cars 2 if it still had radiator springs as the main set but i haven't seen it yet so maybe they well tie it in somehow

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• At the bottom

They're going to tear it down and build Toy Story land.......

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wedcot View Post
    I have been reading different reviewers and different Cars fan forums and allot of people are saying Cars 2 is going to flop. Im not meaning its not going to get no money, Im sure it will get a ton but Im just saying the way it looks now it lacks Pixar quality. Saying that whats going to happen to Cars Land? What do you think?
    Cars land will be unaffected because cars land will be based about two years after the first cars movie.

• Banned User

Disney's movie marketing sucks. I don't judge a movie off commercials.

Look at Tangled, the way it was advertised I would have never went to watch it. However it was actually a successful, traditional film.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

All the reviews I've been hearing about Cars 2 have said it's a huge leap from the original movie (which IMO is stunningly beautiful but suffers from a LONG story but I still love the movie) and is just as visually beautiful as the first with a fun, international story. There's a thread here on MiceChat that gives a pretty positive review of it.

• -

With all the little boys out there who are into the Cars craze, I have little doubt that this will do well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Given the 2+ billion dollars in merchandise sales that have been flowing into Disney coffers since the first movie I highly doubt the movie's success at the box office will change or effect the already fixed budget of Carsland. The first movie wasn't as successful as other pixar movies yet it was successful due to the large amount of toy and other items sales that drove the brand name long after the movie ran in theaters.

Carsland will be a success based on the merits of the attractions and the brand built on a very boy oriented characters that the Cars movies work on.

• MCP Warrior Elite

The first time I saw the original Cars, i was kind of "meh"....
    But once the DVD came out, and the more times I watch it, it has become one of my favorite Pixar movies.

However, I thought that Toy Story 3 was the weakest Pixar movie next to Ratatouie and it did well and was critically accalaimed to boot.

Cars land will be fine. Toontown did not flop after Roger Rabbit faded from memory.

• ******** Gold Member

Zillions of kiddies love the first Cars movie, and merchandising has kept it popular.
    Older kiddies can't wait for the RIDES!

What happens when it doesn't?

• Greetings, Program!

Looks like they'll have to tear it all down and build Tron-Land.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Seems like it'll be another case of "the critis hate it, but it goes on to make a ton of money out of spite" which is why I put no faith in "professional film critics"

It wont affect Cars land, and no matter how bad Cars 2 "flops" (which it wont from a box office or merchandising standpoint") will Disney go back now, too much is invested and constructed already.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wedcot View Post
    It's really not possible for anything to happen to Carsland if Cars2 flops. Besides being too far along for any changes, the land and attraction by all accounts work on their own, independent of the film franchise. And the films are not key to the theme park land in any case; Carsland is driven by Cars franchise brand merchandise sales.

If today was a few years ago when Carsland was being pitched, AND if the numbers on Cars merch were only fair then (instead of monster, which they've been for years), AND if Cars2 crashed & burned, then maybe Disney might be expected to scale back its financial exposure on Carsland.

But not now. No matter how badly Cars2 performs.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Seasick

I agree that Carsland will succeed based on the quality of the attractions, and what appears to be fantastic atmosphere. It's the kind of thing people will enjoy regardless of whether they love or hate the Cars movies.

Splash Mountain continues to be popular, even if most people barely remember the source material. Mr. Toad continues to be popular, even if the movie it is based on is not a widely loved classic.

I could give further examples, but I don't think Carsland will flop, even in the unlikely event that the movie does.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast