Mickey's Halloween Party

Now maybe i didnt see it, but i did go through 9 pages of posts so i thought i would ask my questions here.

I know they go on sale July 1, 2011. One question is how much are tickets? And if i buy a ticket for the event and want to go all day i need to buy a ticket for the AM correct? As i understand it they exit the people out who do not have the mickeys party tickets and the rest that remain are the ones who bought tickets for that night. So essentially I would need 2 tickets for the whole day? Im going off years of memory doing this once in Florida.

2. Whens a "good " day to go. We will both be going, my sister and I and we will be living 15 mins North of Disneyland, but I want to get these as a thank you gift for her for all shes done for me so far. Like when will it be slower and not so crowded.

• Minion

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party

usually they let u in around 3 or 4 deppending on what time mickey halloween treat is that night. if u want to go earlier u would have to pay another 80.00 to go from 8 or 9 till 3 or 4. If your looking for lighter crouds pick a tuesday the party ticket is alittle less and there not many people that go tuesday because of work.

• Banned User

If I remember right last year they didn't make people leave till later in the evening. The event started earlier (4ish) and regular day guests got to stay in the park until around 7.

But yes, you would need to buy 2 separate tickets, 1 to go during regular day hours and 1 for the nighttime event. But personally, if you wanted to go to both DL (regular hours and the separate Halloween event) I would go to DL on a regular day with no event to take advantage of all the hours and pick another day to go to the Halloween event at night. We went last year just for Mickey's Halloween Party and even though we had a blast we didn't get to do everything they offered (and we got there around 5). We went on my B-day on a Tuesday and it was busy, the treat lines were long and we didnt even see much of the entertainment or visit all the treat stations. So I would say almost all the days will be pretty crowded, it was pretty well received last year, even more so if they add anything new to the line up this year.

---------- Post added 06-23-2011 at 01:11 AM ----------

***Unrelated - but I was unanimously and unofficially voted costume of the night by numerous CM's working the park that night!!!! YEAH, woo-hoo me!!!!

Anyone know what prices are?

I tried looking on the net but everything i find is for WDW and i dont want to go by those prices just in case they are different

I believe it was $50 at the most for me because I have an AP, and $60 at the VERY most for my boyfriend, who didn't have an AP at the time.

it's VERY worth it to go, we looved it. any tuesday is good, as friday night parties are usually busier. early to mid month is best if you want low crouds. if you want holiday spirit and high energy, halloween would be the day to go.

• Minion

From the passholder website:
    Save when you buy in advance! On select nights Annual Passholders save $15 on Mickey's Halloween Party.

2011 Party Dates
    Advance Annual Passholder
    Ticket Price
    Annual Passholder
    Price at the Door
    Friday, September 30
    $44.00
    $59.00
    Monday, October 3
    $44.00
    $59.00
    Friday, October 7
    $59.00
    $59.00
    Tuesday October 11
    $44.00
    $59.00
    Friday, October 14
    $59.00
    $59.00
    Tuesday, October 18
    $44.00
    $59.00
    Friday, October 21
    $59.00
    $59.00
    Tuesday, October 25
    $44.00
    $59.00
    Friday, October 28
    $64.00
    $64.00
    Monday, October 31
    $64.00
    $64.00

• Parking Lot > DCA

I went on the 31st last year, and will probably go back the same day this year. My girlfriend and I had a blast. I highly suggest going. I would imagine during the week is probably not as bad as the weekend days, but I am sure it will be pretty consistently crowded no matter what day you go.

The thing you have to be careful about buying these tickets in advance, is if it rains that day/evening. We went last year, as I recall it was a Tuesday to try to have the least amount of crowd. And while it was not raining in the valley where we live, it was pouring hard in Anaheim by the time we got to the park at 4:30 or so.

It was pretty miserable for the first few hours, but the rain did end up stopping in time for the fireworks show. The fireworks did seem a bit less spectacular though, not sure if it was because of all the low lying clouds and mist that was still there, or if they change the show somewhat due to the weather.

The good part of all of that of course, was that the crowd was SPARSE. After the fireworks we went to Space Mountain, and there was NO line. Just walk that long queue and jump straight on the car, no stopping to wait at all. I wanted to ride it at least once more and then see how short the Indy line was, but the girlfriend was ready to head home for the night...
    Last edited by Steveman; 06-23-2011 at 11:19 PM.

• Banned User

^^ The night we went it was pouring too! Maybe we went on the same night. My dress and shoes were completely soaked for the whole night and I had very uncomfortable, cold, aching feet by the end of the night.

But we still had lots of fun.

Thank you for the reply's.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I went on the 31st last year, and will probably go back the same day this year. My girlfriend and I had a blast. I highly suggest going. I would imagine during the week is probably not as bad as the weekend days, but I am sure it will be pretty consistently crowded no matter what day you go.
    Same for us. Last Halloween was our wedding day. It was wedding in the morning, reception, and travel to Disneyland. We made it into the park around 9:00pm and didn't get to experience most of the festivities. Just bought our tickets for this Halloween for our anniversary trip.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney