Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Smile The end of "Disney Parks"

With the recent departure of Al Weiss as director of World Wide Operations for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. There are rumors floating around that Chairman Tom Staggs will not only be disbanding that position bu that he will be "De-Rasuloising" the Parks Management, which could mean the end of the "One Disney" Bureaucracy and "Disney Parks" branding.

• Senior Minion

Re: The end of "Disney Parks"

Who knows if this is true. But just in case it is...
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

^ I agree. We have a family friend who works for WDP&R and he really likes Staggs. He says that Staggs and Rasulo are 2 completely opposite people and that Stagg's hands-on approach is better suited for the Parks and Resorts culture. He has also been saying that One Disney isn't being pursued by most executives as Rasulo would have hoped. I hope he has his facts right, as I feel the direction of Parks and Resorts is going nowhere but up.

• Minion

I sure hope so, then WDW can keep the stupid things like "Let the Memories Begin" do draw suckers in, while DLR can rely on word of mouth and great attractions!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I sure hope so, then WDW can keep the stupid things like "Let the Memories Begin" do draw suckers in, while DLR can rely on word of mouth and great attractions!
    Hey' We loyal Walt Disney World fans hate those those things too. Don't blame the Passionate WDW Fanbase for what the morons in TDO do. Hopefully said morons will be spending more time with their families in a few days.

• Herr Ducktor!

Perhaps someone might explain the "One Disney" initiative to the uninitiated, such as myself? I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    Perhaps someone might explain the "One Disney" initiative to the uninitiated, such as myself? I'd appreciate it.
    Essentially it means that all the Disney Parks should be Marketed as one entity. Each Park should have the exact same operating structure etc. It's idiotic but it was what Jay Rasulo wanted for the parks.

I felt so bad for Small World when it got the Memory Touch. Why would they do such a horrible act?

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    I felt so bad for Small World when it got the Memory Touch. Why would they do such a horrible act?
    "Let the Memories Begin" is a footnote next to the Year of a Million Dreams. I shudder just remembering that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Hey' We loyal Walt Disney World fans hate those those things too. Don't blame the Passionate WDW Fanbase for what the morons in TDO do. Hopefully said morons will be spending more time with their families in a few days.
    That was all in good fun lol I don't have anything against WDW except how far away it is fro Seattle compared to DLR.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Mouse at work

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    With the recent departure of Al Weiss as director of World Wide Operations for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. There are rumors floating around that Chairman Tom Staggs will not only be disbanding that position bu that he will be "De-Rasuloising" the Parks Management, which could mean the end of the "One Disney" Bureaucracy and "Disney Parks" branding.
    HMF, even though the "One Disney" thing is frustrating to most of us on here, I honestly have not really minded so far because the only place I have seen it happen is at the merchandising level. I mean...sure, it could have been implemented a lot better, but at least the company tried it and they know that it does not work. If the company takes it out, chances are that nothing like that will ever come back.
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 06-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    HMF, even though the "One Disney" thing is frustrating to most of us on here, I honestly have not really minded so far because the only place I have seen it happen is at the merchandising level. I mean...sure, it could have been implemented a lot better, but at least the company tried it and they know that it does not work. If the company takes it out, chances are that nothing like that will ever come back.
    Don't forget about all of the commercials:

Last edited by Coheteboy; 06-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I am cautiously optimistic. I just have a hard time believe that the man who made a name for himself in Strategic Planning is really going to undo a lot of that type of establishment beyond getting rid of a moniker that has clearly fallen flat on its face and getting his own people in place. I would love to be wrong.

Well I don't mind it for stuff like the Disneyland 50 and stuff but year of a million dreams

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    even though the "One Disney" thing is frustrating to most of us on here, I honestly have not really minded so far because the only place I have seen it happen is at the merchandising level. I mean...sure, it could have been implemented a lot better, but at least the company tried it and they know that it does not work. If the company takes it out, chances are that nothing like that will ever come back.
    Get rid of 2 words from that sentence.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast