If World of Color and Fantasmic! were combined...

First off, this isn't a F vs WOC debate. Nust wondering how people thought about combing elements of both shows to create one mega show. Eg, using the storyline of F but utilisaling the amazing fountain quality of WOC. Thoughts?
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

• Banned User

Re: If World of Color and Fantasmic! were combined...

I honestly don't think it would work at all.

Part of the beauty of Fantasmic is the use of several different medians. However, limitiing it to 1 median would really lower the quality of the show.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Well we should see new fountains in F! within the next two years from what I hear.

It sounds like WDW's F! where they rely on mist screens a little too much. WoC and F! are both masterpieces in their own regard and mixing their technologies just won't work. What makes F! F! is the fact that there are LIVE actors, boats and floats making incredibly precise timing, and an actual dragon that breathes REAL fire. You just can't replicate these kinds of things with the WoC equipment, and get the same WOW factor. Disneyland's F! is the best because a huge part of the show is the use of real show pieces.
    Last edited by Fantasmanatic; 06-26-2011 at 07:59 PM.

What i essentially meant was having the same F! show, with all the live actors the boats etc but using the technology of the WOC fountains for the fountain scenes that already exist in F!. I feel this would improve F! as the WOC fountains shoot higher and are more powerful. So essentially it would be the exact same F! show but with better fountains. Thoughts?
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

I would love to see WOC's technology move over to F! The current fountains are very outdated and not really spectacular at all.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Oh I see. Well that should be happening within the next two years...new fountain platforms and fountains. The fountains are pretty much the last piece of tech thats outdated in the show.

I heard WOC's waterscreens are better than fantasmic but to me they are soooooo blurry. Even sitting way back in the private vip area. Fantasmic I'm all front and center and it shows up clear.

I don't think I would be interested in a WOC/F!

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JM Disneyland View Post
    I heard WOC's waterscreens are better than fantasmic but to me they are soooooo blurry. Even sitting way back in the private vip area. Fantasmic I'm all front and center and it shows up clear.
    Alright I can't help but going a little "Macro" here. Kudos to Macro for the awesome up close pics!
    So what makes a mist screen are these, Fantasmic uses this same technology, you can even find it patented by Disney. Its the round part there on the left, it squeezes the pressurized water out in the 180 degree sheet.

World of Color also has a new way to display projections on a bunch of "Y" shaped fountains as seen below on the left edge and below the worker. They actually cover the entire back of the platform and in my opinion work much better than the older technology. But the maintenance required to use these is too much so they use the older technology through most of the show. Cant remember when these are used in the show or if at all anymore.

It would be cool to use those Y shaped ones and make a "wrap" around screen for the TSI in front of the stage.