• Iron-Clad Allie

Dca phase 2 cars land virtual simulator or kuka robocoaster ride based on cars 2?

With the crown jewel of Phase 1 of DCA's remake (Cars Land) quickly rising to the fore in 2012, I believe it is not unrealistic to expect that new rides will later be added to the land that will be based on Cars 2.

YouTube - ‪Cars 2 - Official Trailer 4 [HD]‬‏

The fantastic spy/international racing storyline and action scenes of the new flick would certainly lend themselves to a reved up second e-ticket to co-anchor with Radiator Springs Racers. Things seem to be flying all over the place -- cars, planes, bullets, missiles, torpedos, and (above all) intrigue and excitement! As I foresee it, a simulator ride (similar to Star Tours 2 and/or Universal's Harry Potter) is what we may be looking at! Or perhaps Disney might even gear up an awesome virtual journey utilizing Kuka Robocoater technogy. In either case, the storyline would likely reflect the film, starting out in Radiator Springs and taking our vehicular heroes to Paris, France. oui oui...

Now, I know that a D-Ticket and C-Ticket attraction have been rumored for the land (and not another E-Ticket). Sufice it to say mind you, this is Disney with a supercharged new attitude! So, who's to say that Disney is instead waiting to surprise us with E and D tickets.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Insomniac

Re: Dca phase 2 cars land virtual simulator or kuka robocoaster ride based on cars 2?

I'd rather they fix DCA the rest of the way before they worry about Expanding their recent expansion. lol
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Dca phase 2 cars land virtual simulator or kuka robocoaster ride based on cars 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I'd rather they fix DCA the rest of the way before they worry about Expanding their recent expansion. lol
    Of course disney should finish the initial attractians it has announced for Cars Land before they expand it. That's the final part of Phase 1. After that, the fixing of DCA will continue with Phase 2. Whether they start with Cars Land or some other area makes no difference to me -- as long as DCA continues to be rebuilt (fixed).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2011 at 03:02 AM.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Definitely Kuka (or any kind of actual-movement ride) over a simulator, please. I don't remember when Universal's Kuka-exclusivity deal expires, though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Definitely Kuka (or any kind of actual-movement ride) over a simulator, please. I don't remember when Universal's Kuka-exclusivity deal expires, though.
    Disney has had a minor Kuka ride at WDW's Innoventions for some time. It was the first to move riders with a robotic arm as they react with simulated scenes inside a closed and controled environment. As Universal is incorporating part of the technology that Disney had already paid Kuka to develop (and track technology rumored years ago to be part of Disney's future plans for a ride at DCA), I would think thar any exclusivity deal Universal may have on Kuka track technology would relate only to their particular system, or (if broader) it would be for a short term.

• Banned User

In my opinion, this would be such a waste of technology. Disney should by no means use this awesome thrill technology on a kid-oriented franchise.

• Minion

1) Cars Land is set before Cars 2, so there's the continuity issues
    2) Kuka arms are better suited for an Incredibles ride.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    In my opinion, this would be such a waste of technology. Disney should by no means use this awesome thrill technology on a kid-oriented franchise.
    Adults are as excied about the Cars films as "kids" (teens and younger) about Cars Films, and each are will likely enjoy Cars Land even more. It is important to remember that Disneyland was created specifically as a park that families could enjoy together...and not exclusively for kid appeal. Besides, there is no set definition for a kid. Most adults would probably classify kids as anyone 18 years of age or under. However, some insurance companies cover the "kids" over 18 that live at home with their parents. Also, those under 21 are not legally allowed to purchase most alcololic beverages because society considers them young kids.

These days, most teens love rides that have varrying degrees of a thrill element to them. If all the rides at Disnyland Resort had to appeal to the average 5 year old, most adults would have a horrible time. Besides, there are a good number of 5-year olds that love thrill rides. Point is that there the age range of kids and families is wide. DLR has all kinds of attractions that appeal to all different ages, though not every ride is for the same specific ages or tastes. Tron is popular as a franchise primarily among teens and older non-teens, and among many grade school age kids as well.

---------- Post added 06-30-2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    1) Cars Land is set before Cars 2, so there's the continuity issues
    2) Kuka arms are better suited for an Incredibles ride.

Cars 2 is what I was relating to as a basis for DCA's Phase 2 Cars Land rides. Did you mean to say that CL is set for the original Cars film? if so, Cars 2 attractions can easily be worked in. The land is being built with future expansion in mind as the franchise grows.

I must say though that I agree with you, FigmentJedi, that a Kuka based Incredibles ride would be awesome. There was a former rumor that Disney was planning such a ride a few years back, and I touted the ride in my past thread topics as something that I would love to see happen. Cars Land or Incredibles; it makes no difference to me. I just want a Kuka Robocoaster virtual interactive ride on tracks. It's quite possible that disney could end up with two robocoaster rides. There's always been plenty of rides at DL that share the same basic ride system.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2011 at 03:15 AM.