Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Newbie.

Longest Time Without A Disneyland Fix

Since becoming an adult, what's the longest time you've gone without a visit to Disneyland? I'm an out-of-towner, so it's naturally months or even (gasp!) years between visits for me, but I'm curious how long locals can go before they feel the need for a little Disney magic?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Earth Intruder

Re: Longest Time Without A Disneyland Fix

I've gone as long as 9 months before, but that was when I wasn't living in LA....

While I'm living in LA I need to go once a month or I start having nightmarish Mickey dreams! :P hehehe
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy
    Since becoming an adult, what's the longest time you've gone without a visit to Disneyland? I'm an out-of-towner, so it's naturally months or even (gasp!) years between visits for me, but I'm curious how long locals can go before they feel the need for a little Disney magic?
    It all depends on what you mean by "a visit to Disneyland".

For me, for the past almost 3 years I only went to DL on some Sat evenings for an hour or two to visit with friends and listen to the Big Band music.

Before that I went, frequently on Sat eve for Big Band, then back Sun to visit DL. Then the handbasket got passed to me and I had to stop going on Sundays.

So to make the above long story short, it was about two to three years between "visits to DL". When I was used to 3 to 4 times per month. But now I'm baaaacccckkk!

CU@DL

Andy

• Still wants to be a cat!

There was a time that I swore I'd never return to DL. That was about 15 years ago. I took a hiatus for 10 years, then the Wolfette was born. We went on her 5th Birthday, and have been going ever since. Lately can't get by without going every few days or so, seems like never less than once a week. My how things change with children and Disneyland down the street.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

3 to 8 months but that is just in the past 6 years. Before that it was 2x's a year.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    There was a time that I swore I'd never return to DL. That was about 15 years ago. I took a hiatus for 10 years, then the Wolfette was born. We went on her 5th Birthday, and have been going ever since. Lately can't get by without going every few days or so, seems like never less than once a week. My how things change with children and Disneyland down the street.
    I support anything that brings parents and kids together. Enjoy these visits to Disneyland with your daughter, you're making memories that will last a lifetime, not to mention friendships that are worth more than anything in the world.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• no flash photography...

6 years. but I was a teen aprt of that time, but from 16-22. Then a bit over a year when I didn't re-new my ap. I was disney's out. I'm getting that way again...LOL

• Why do you keep talking?

Let's put it this way, the last time I went to Disneyland was January 2, 2004. Sadly, not all of us who live close can go as often as we'd like. Of course living in Ohio for six months at a time for the past four years doesn't help...

I'm hoping to get out therer sometime early next year (possibly even getting an AP) *shrug* We'll see.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Koubu Pilot

I remember going Labor Day weekend of '99. In February, I went on my mission to Guayaquil Ecuador. I returned 8 months later because of illness. '01-'03, I made trips up to Salt Lake and St. George, Ut to visit friends there. In '04, a friend and I decided to go after not going for years. Our original goal was to take dates, then that got downgraded to friends. We had to settle on just the 2 of us because everyone kept blowing us off. We had a lot of fun. Since then, I've been back in June of '05 and Oct of '05.

I wish I were there now.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy
    I went 45 years ( went the first time ever in august of last year.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I went 45 years ( went the first time ever in august of last year.

Congratulations! Hope it was fun for you.

• time to go

I live in northern California, and used to attend regularly (PAP holder and all that jazz). But I haven't been since Oct 2004, and I let my PAP deliberately expire this year. I probably won't be back until next summer.

However, I have been to WDW twice, in the past eight months. Go figure.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

8 Weeks Being a AP, 6 Months being a 'Fan', and 14 years before I became a 'fan'.
    -Monorail Man

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Wink Re: Longest Time Without A Disneyland Fix

As an adult, probably a year. Until we became AP's four years ago, we would go once or twice a year. Now, some months our presenteeism is better than some Disney Employees!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• I love that tiny bear!

6 years...I don't live THAT far away (AZ) but I'm getting too old to do overnight-turnaround bus trips, and it's pretty expensive to fly/drive out, never mind admission. Last visit was 11/05. If I get rich I'll go annually or more, but until then, I'm going to have some more dry spells I'm afraid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast