Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Does Disneyland RESORT in California have daycare for their cast members?

I have always wanted to work at Disneyland but I have 2 children one infant 6mo and other 3 years old. I really want to work there but I do not have a babysitter or daycare provider for the hours I may need if I become a cast member at Disneyland Resort. Does Disneyland RESORT, Ca, have a daycare for their cast members?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Does Disneyland RESORT in California have daycare for their cast members?

Nope!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

In all respects, if you have two kids to take care of... you might want a job with a higher pay. Working at Disneyland isn't exactly making bank. Just saying...

I have been working at a non advancement job for almost 2 years at min wage of $8.00hr and no holiday pay whether its is federal holiday or not. I love Disneyland with a passion.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Disneyland is not a job you want to live off of. It is suggested to find a full time job with benefits. Either hire a babysitter or ask a relative to babysit.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Banned User

I bet I'm not the only one who thought this thread was about the CMs themselves needing a babysitter....

• Sock Puppet

no i thought this thread was going to discuss the childcare at disneyland. at first i really thought thay had one... till i read on.

• the F.O.D. solution.

The Studio has a great childcare facility, Disneyland Resort does not... if someone ever opens a childcare in the resort for CMs, they'll make big $$$s!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bchrisinger View Post
    I have been working at a non advancement job for almost 2 years at min wage of $8.00hr and no holiday pay whether its is federal holiday or not. I love Disneyland with a passion.
    Wow supporting two kids at only $8 an hour! My hat is off to you!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

While it is probably good for the DLR to have onsite child care for its cast members, it probably is not practical for them to do so.

There are tens of thousands of cm's employed at the DLR so there is certainly demand. However, we are not talking about a little room backstage. More likely they would need to build a small size school-type facility with classrooms and playgrounds, or buy out an existing one. And most likely it would not be on the grounds of the DLR due to the size that this facility would need to be. This facility would also most likely have to be a considerable distance away from the park as there is no room at the DLR for it.

• Future Tower of Terror CM

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I bet I'm not the only one who thought this thread was about the CMs themselves needing a babysitter....
    That's a relief, I thought I was the only one.

I think a daycare facility would be excellent. For Disneyland, and the employees.
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KBFBrandon

California Screamin' ride count - 108

• Minion

Disneyland Resort does not offer daycare on property, nor does it make any accomodations for parents who need to get kids to or from daycare. Once you park your car in the CM parking lots and walk to the shuttle you need to be ready to clock in and work your scheduled shift. And any Disneyland Resort shift scheduled for less than 8.5 hours can be mandatorily extended at any time during your shift without prior notice (although the Lead and/or Managers goal is to give you at least 2 hours notice that your shift has just been extended out to a full 8.5 hours)

Walt Disney World, on the other hand, has two different daycare facilites on property designed especially for Cast Members and the logistics of being a Cast Member. They are operated for Disney by the YMCA, and they are really small schools with playgrounds and very nice, modern facilities.

YMCA Daycare Center for Cast Member's Children at WDW

The WDW daycare is offered at extremely low rates for children of CM's; $27 per work week for up to 10 hours per day for a pre-school age child enrolled in the pre-school curriculum. Toddlers and infants cost a few dollars more per week for their more specialized care.

There is also on-site Company-subsidized daycare facilities at the Studios in Burbank and the Grand Central Creative Campus in Glendale, for children of Disney employees and Imagineers at those two Company locations.

But there is no Disney daycare facility in Anaheim, and no plans to ever build or offer anything like that in Anaheim.
    Last edited by Westsider; 07-01-2011 at 03:58 AM.

• Just good enough

Wow, that daycare at WDW looks really nice. The question remains, where would they put daycare if they were to open a facility? In the Matterhorn?
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    Wow, that daycare at WDW looks really nice. The question remains, where would they put daycare if they were to open a facility? In the Matterhorn?
    if they have room to build and keep expanding as long as dreams and ideas are coming in as walt would say im sure he would think it would be a brilliant idea to add one. have it over behind the gardena walk in the extra parking lot.

• Minion

Daycare for Disneyland guests would be great. There are a ill-behaved parents who need a time out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast