Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• IPAC

Disney Making Matterhorn Movie

Disney is making a movie based off of the Matterhorn.

Matterhorn Disneyland Ride Film: 'The Hill' Gets Disney Greenlight

Re: Disney Making Matterhorn Movie

fo real real o fo play play?

• film975

They had the same story over at IGN. Funny they forgot to mention the movie that the Matterhorn was originally based on: Third Man On The Mountain.

• Banned User

Of all the rides to pick... they pick the one w/ the least story? If I had to pick a "mountain" ride to turn into a film, I'd go w/ Big Thunder.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Of all the rides to pick... they pick the one w/ the least story? If I had to pick a "mountain" ride to turn into a film, I'd go w/ Big Thunder.
    true, but as it is Disney will have a rock solid line up in 2013: Monsters University, King of Elves, The Hill, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Pirates 5, Tr3n, Magic Kingdom, and if all goes well, National Treasure 3, and Jungle Cruise. With the new Fantasyland at MK and the DCA 180 flip, Disney seems to have a lot of home runs coming up. Now if only we could say the TV channels and radio disney were just as good!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    true, but as it is Disney will have a rock solid line up in 2013: Monsters University, King of Elves, The Hill, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Pirates 5, Tr3n, Magic Kingdom, and if all goes well, National Treasure 3, and Jungle Cruise. With the new Fantasyland at MK and the DCA 180 flip, Disney seems to have a lot of home runs coming up. Now if only we could say the TV channels and radio disney were just as good!
    I don't think POTC 5, National Treasure 3, or TR3N have been announced yet. But it's not too late. But I believe Johnny Depp says he wants to hold off a while before making another sequel.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    I don't think POTC 5, National Treasure 3, or TR3N have been announced yet. But it's not too late. But I believe Johnny Depp says he wants to hold off a while before making another sequel.
    Pirates 5 has already been written and they're pretty much just waiting on Johnny Depp to go further, you can bet it will be 2013, 2014 at the latest. TR3N is being written as we speak, and National Treasure 3 is in final stages of re-writings. I would bet, dollars to donuts that TR3N will be announced at D23, and thats if they don't also announce Pirates 5 then. I think Johnny doesn't want to do the same thing they did with DMC and AWE where they filmed 2 at once and released them a year apart. I think he wants 2-3 years in between releases. Plus if they have green lit Thor 2 (after making 437 million globally) already, there is no financial reason not to green light a Pirates 5 (given that its made more then 987 million globally, more then double what Thor has made, in less time).
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Pirates really does not have a story? Or at least the movie does not follow the ride AT ALL

I would think Space Mountain has the potential to make a Trilogy, cause there is little story but you could make a series about people living in Space Colonies and Matterhorn is going to be a race/action movie but I do think we'll see a Big Thunder Movie too if HM and Matterhorn do well.

Lets just hope there is not a Screamin movie

• Banned User

If Disney is hell bent on turning their attractions into movies, the attraction that I would love to see made into a movie is Tokyo's Tower of Terror. Tell the story of Hightower's explorations and end with Shriki Untundu. Just visually that could be a stunning movie. Same goes for Mystic Manor.

However, preferably I rather not see attractions made to movies.

Pirates 5 has already been written and they're pretty much just waiting on Johnny Depp to go further, you can bet it will be 2013, 2014 at the latest. TR3N is being written as we speak, and National Treasure 3 is in final stages of re-writings. I would bet, dollars to donuts that TR3N will be announced at D23, and thats if they don't also announce Pirates 5 then. I think Johnny doesn't want to do the same thing they did with DMC and AWE where they filmed 2 at once and released them a year apart. I think he wants 2-3 years in between releases. Plus if they have green lit Thor 2 (after making 437 million globally) already, there is no financial reason not to green light a Pirates 5 (given that its made more then 987 million globally, more then double what Thor has made, in less time).
    A rumor is a rumor. No matter who said it. Don't treat it like news. Thank you.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Funny they forgot to mention the movie that the Matterhorn was originally based on: Third Man On The Mountain.
    This. The Matterhorn is already based on a movie. They're going to make a different one???
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Ok enough is enough with the Pirates movies. I haven't seen 4 yet but it seems to be getting out of control. Also Jungle Cruise? Really? I really hope this doesn't turn into a thing where they create a film and then all the sudden because so many go to see it they change the rides.

The picked it just for that reason (I am assuming) now they have more room to create their own story without being constricted by much.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

They had the same story over at IGN. Funny they forgot to mention the movie that the Matterhorn was originally based on: Third Man On The Mountain.
    Yeah, it's a sequel. The first was about climbing the mountain, and this one's about getting down.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Dreamer

I'm still trying to fit "Harold" the yeti into the Matterhorn's environment. It doesn't sit well with my knowledge of my own culture...

The problem with a Big Thunder movie is that it would be a western. And I think they want it to make money. If Cowboys and Aliens does well, you'll be able to see that green light at the end of the dock.

I don't mind movies based on rides. Just please make a GOOD movie. I'll see a movie based on a popcorn cart if it is well-made.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Yeti Enthusiast

The Matterhorn Bobselds were inspired by a visit to the real Matterhorn when Walt visited the set. It wasn't based on the actual film.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast