Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Paradise Garden Restaurants NOW OPEN!

All the food choices look terrific! Decisions, decisions... I'm going to hate having to choose. Portion size looks good to me.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

The pastas look good, but the green sauce on the ravioli makes it look like it's gone bad.
    Actually the 5 cheese ravioli was the best dish on the menu. I had all 3 and by far that was the tastiest.

• Banned User

Hate to say it but DCA is starting to give DL a run for its money. The place is looking fantastic.

• Banned User

Another reason to sneak food into the park. Portions are too small for price paid. I'll bring extra chip and snacks to fill up.

I'm having somewhat of a difficult time figuring out the portion sizes. Until I actually see someone next to the plate of food, I feel like the portions seem to small for such a large price.

Thanks for posting, Fishy! However, it's odd that they did away with the Chicken Fusili dish that Oom Mow Wow had (which they borrowed from Pizza Planet). And 10.99 for a single skewer when you can get 2 at Daphne's with heartier sides for 7.99 just spells robbery. Of course, I'll still pay it...
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    ^^^ Glad to see the time honoured MiceChat tradition of replying to a thread bursting with praise and compliments with a nit-picking negative whine is still fresh and alive!

LOL. Agreed.

I actually had no problem with the area before, but this is very nice. I wanted to go today, but plans fell through. Let's hope I can check it out tomorrow. Looks awesome.

• Fireworks Finatic!

The new restaurants and gardens are great! My main qualm was the food. The skewers are bit too "fancy" for me and I miss my chicken fussili pasta from Pizza Om Mow Mow.. I had the flat bread pepperoni pizza today, and while good, did not fill me up at all. I just get the feeling Disney is still trying to sell "fancier" stuff the save them money. For $9, I would hope a piece of pizza would fill me up, like the large slices with actual crust they had before. But that is my only issue with the area. Was VERY relaxing to just sit there and listen to the band.. What a great job!!

• A Disney Examineer

the Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is hands-down the best of the offerings at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, the Five-Cheese Ravioli is also good, as for the BBQ Chicken Flatbread, the chicken was extremely dry, probably just because its been baking.

Another note: I love the fact that they individually cook the pastas before serving it, unlike Plaza Inn.

Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by KuyaHarrison; 07-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    The portions look perfect to me. Anything bigger would be typical gluttonous 21st century American-style sloth that has gotten our society to the sad state it is in.

If these portions look small to you, you would ABSOLUTELY HATE visiting Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea. These portions look quite healthy in comparison to the petite servings of food they give you there. Of course, you can go days at Tokyo Disneyland without seeing an ECV (I don't think they even rent them there, and personal ECV's are unknown to Japanese culture), and every single Attractions Hostess in Tokyo is a size 10 or smaller.

But if this big helping of carbs and protein looks small to you, double up and order a second entree. Eat up!
    Wait so they should put less food on the plate cause some people have a problem eating too much or not exercising? I really hate this excuse for small portions I get hungry at the parks and if I'm paying ten bucks I want to be filled up for most of the day not just a few hours so I have to go get more food.

The place looks GREAT and live music makes the place feel sooo much more alive. I dont get why the restrooms look "bad" I like them, so besides the prices/portions everything looks great Good job Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    The new restaurants and gardens are great! My main qualm was the food. The skewers are bit too "fancy" for me and I miss my chicken fussili pasta from Pizza Om Mow Mow.. I had the flat bread pepperoni pizza today, and while good, did not fill me up at all. I just get the feeling Disney is still trying to sell "fancier" stuff the save them money. For $9, I would hope a piece of pizza would fill me up, like the large slices with actual crust they had before. But that is my only issue with the area. Was VERY relaxing to just sit there and listen to the band.. What a great job!!
    Yeah, more 'gourmet' stuff has never really been known for being belly buster fillers

I think this stuff finally 'looks' the cost of Disney prices.. but I never get over the frustration factor of paying such prices and then realize I'm eating off a fast food tray.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

The food looks great, and I love the option of the differnt skewers with different sauces. That way, you can always get something different! The area looks nice...the walls have been there so long, that now that they are down, the area looks so nice and roomy

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Tried the Greek salad, pesto pasta, and the sundried tomato pasta. They were quite good, but the portions of the pasta are way too small for the price. I also couldn't come to grips for paying 10.99 for the kabob plate. It needs another kabob (at least!) and the pasta needs to come with bread for the price. About the only thing I find worth my money are the salads which are nicely portioned.

The spacious grounds remind me of WDW dining areas and I liked the style of seating around the trees.

Many of the popcorn light strands were not working, or were burned out. The tree lanterns were also not lit.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

I can't wait to try these new places and eat at the seating area! It looks really nice!
    Plus I'm hoping the ravioli is good!

Some of the lighting is still being worked on. People were working on some lights today, so I would not worry about that.
    And for the portion sizes, they are fine. Actually pretty reasonable. seeing it in person is WAY different form seeing it online.
    They did a good job for sure.

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:07 AM ----------

And for pricing, all I gotta say is......
    People we are on Disney property. The food's not going to be cheap.

Nothing was surprising for me here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast