Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Paradise Garden Restaurants NOW OPEN!

I also have to agree the prices are what are scaring me away! I've given nothing but praise to this area, but 10.99 for one skewer, some rice, a small salad and pita bread? That is just beyond ridic! This local Mediterranean place by my house has all that plus more for only about $6. I know I know, it's Disney, but come on, that's just greed!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Yes, the prices are to be expected on Disney property. But I felt better paying $9 for my good old Chicken Fussili that was there before than the small plates of pasta they have now..

• Circle of Ancients

Looks great, can't wait to try it tomorrow.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    the food looks small. and the pasta only has 1 meatball?
    Looks are deceiving. I had the Spaghetti & Meatballs for lunch yesterday. There was plenty of meat. Mine had 2 meatballs. The portion was generous, especially for the price. The quality was as good as what I've sampled at the local Olive Garden. My wife had the Ravioli, and said the same thing. We were going to go back and get something for dessert, but the meals left us completely full. This is NOT fast food fare at all. Excellent job to the chef in charge of this venue.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

looks wonderful, cannot wait to see it all lit up at night!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    I also have to agree the prices are what are scaring me away! I've given nothing but praise to this area, but 10.99 for one skewer, some rice, a small salad and pita bread? That is just beyond ridic! This local Mediterranean place by my house has all that plus more for only about $6. I know I know, it's Disney, but come on, that's just greed!
    No more thena 10 dollar hamburger and fries.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Let me see if I am understanding this right. Disney have built two new beautiful new restaurants at the Paradise Pier. Both are offering a great alternative to the standard burger and fries. Salads, Flat Bread Pizza's and Pasta to name a small selection of the menu items on offer. And yet all I'm reading is negative complaints about the price and portion sizes.

At some where like Disneyland Paris we would love to get quick service dining like whats on offer at the Paradise Garden Restaurants. Our fast food consist mostly of Burgers, nuggets, fries and horrible pizza.

Sometimes you folks in Sunny California don't realise how good your Disney Resort treats you. You want something to complain about try visiting Disneyland Paris. And good luck in finding anywhere that serves decent counter service food. I would love to have an area like this at the Studios.

Thanks to the In the Parks for providing the pictures. I really can't wait to check the area out in August. Maybe grab a ice cold beer, sit outside with one of the Flat Bread pizza's and enjoy and really soak up the atsmophere.

Great job Disney.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Sometimes you folks in Sunny California don't realise how good your Disney Resort treats you. You want something to complain about try visiting Disneyland Paris. And good luck in finding anywhere that serves decent counter service food. I would love to have an area like this at the Studios.
    Citing the worst that Disney offers is a common argument used to defend anything else that Disney offers.

Given the premium price that Disney charges for its food services, any new offerings should be compared to the best that Disney has historically offered, not the worst.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

It's food, looks tasty, and not everything has to be huge portions. Disney charges a lot for everything....6 dollars for a corn dog. 3 dollars for a soda. It's a very nice looking new restaurant locale with seemingly tasty and varied items instead of more hamburgers.

I don't understand the complaining either, honestly. You want to go somewhere with bigger portions, feel free. Cheers and I can't wait to try this place out next visit.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Less than 5 years ago, most eateries at Disneyland offered pretty much only hamburgers that tasted like hockey pucks (ok, not that I've eaten a hockey puck ), chicken nuggets, and basic blah counter food (and I'm not including sit down eateries in this statement). In the last 5 years, almost every eatery has gone through a menu change adding variety and what I consider more adult and healthy alternatives.

I for one am thrilled with the variety and new choices around the parks. As far as price, yes, it's more expensive than anywhere near your home, but start comparing it to any other food at other amusement parks, theaters, fairs, or entertainment areas, and it's on a par (and in some cases more inexpensive than other venues I've been to). I think a meal for $10-$12 isn't an outrageous amount (heck, going to McDonalds costs about $8-$10 for a meal now). Leaving the park to go to another restaurant isn't going to cost you much less, and when you take the inconvenience into account, it probably ends up more advantageous to stay and eat at the park.

I especially love that there is now unique menu items at each eatery. Before, it use to be the decision on where to eat was which restaurant was whatever was the closest, since they all served basically the same thing. Now, I feel like I can acutally choose on what food I feel like at the time.

• DLR Cast Member

Let me see if I am understanding this right. Disney have built two new beautiful new restaurants at the Paradise Pier. Both are offering a great alternative to the standard burger and fries. Salads, Flat Bread Pizza's and Pasta to name a small selection of the menu items on offer. And yet all I'm reading is negative complaints about the price and portion sizes.
    You forgot to mention that most of that criticism is from folks who haven't yet been to the Paradise Garden location, let alone eaten anything there.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Given the premium price that Disney charges for its food services, any new offerings should be compared to the best that Disney has historically offered, not the worst.
    Who's comparing it here. All I'm saying is that you folk in California should be grateful you have counter service Restaurants that provide a higher standard of fresh ingredients and unique offerings.

Lately I have seen via Disneyland updates on sites like this one and the Disney Parks Blog improvements that Disney have made to change and provide better counter service food at Disneyland. And I kind of feel let down by some on here who fail to recognise when improvements are made. What ever you think of the food. Its a massive turn around on the Mcdonalds stuff thats been sold in the area since 2001.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Senior Minion

All I'm saying is that you folk in California should be grateful you have counter service Restaurants that provide a higher standard of fresh ingredients and unique offerings.
    It's unfortunate that DLP food is the pits, but "gratitude" that it's better at the DLR is not the emotion people are likely to feel when paying Disney prices.

Good for Disney for raising the quality of what they serve for their high prices -- but it should have happened decades ago. It took a decline in food sales to finally force Disney to do something about it.

Gratitude? If anything, I'm grateful to the Disney customers who for years have been Saying No to Disney's low food quality/high food prices, and eating off-site.

- Neil Gabler

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ... "gratitude" that it's better at the DLR is not the emotion people are likely to feel when paying Disney prices.
    Indeed. People are willing to pay a for reasonable quality food, but that qulity should (and finally does) stand on its own, and not be a comparison to another Disney park's food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Good for Disney for raising the quality of what they serve for their high prices -- but it should have happened decades ago. It took a decline in food sales to finally force Disney to do something about it.
    I concur. The poor food choices of the 90's has stayed in the parks too long. I'm extremely happy with the food offerings that have been introduced ove the last 2 years, moreso because they're finally doing what they should have done all along: They're conducting research with guests whenever trying out new food offerings, which includes taste testing. The final product is the result of guest interaction, which I couldn't be happier about.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    They're conducting research with guests whenever trying out new food offerings, which includes taste testing. The final product is the result of guest interaction....
    Now that, to me, is a very good sign.

- Neil Gabler

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast