Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Cunning infiltrator

it's a small world queue music

Is it's a small world queue music used since 1966? or what year was it added and replaced the old one?

I love the queue music while waiting in line. It's classy, timeless, and catchy.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Re: it's a small world queue music

I love the queue music too! Also gotta love that slow "tick.....tock...." from the smiling clock face. I don't know if the music is original from '66 or not, but now I'm curious about that, too. I'm sure someone will have the answer.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I know it's not the version from the World's Fair (I have that on CD: Amazon.com: Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair: Various Artists: Music), but I don't know if that version made it over in the move to Disneyland.

• film975

here's something interesting that I found on YouTube a while back. It says it's the queue music from the ride at Disney World. But it's basically the same soundtrack for the ride at Disneyland. I find myself listening to it when I sometimes got a ton of computer work to do.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Is it's a small world queue music used since 1966? or what year was it added and replaced the old one?
    The short answer is "yes" and "no". I believe the current queue music is a re-recording of music which closely matches the queue music from the first years of the attraction. However, back in the 90's, both the queue music and attraction music was slightly different. The soundtrack during this time consisted of an orchestration that was more "symphonic", which had that sound like it was played by a full 100-piece orchestra (lots of strings, especially deeper bass lines consisting of cello and bass strings), with great progressive key changes. When they refurbed IASW several years ago, they tossed that symphonic soundtrack and went to the current soundtrack, which sound like, but is not exactly, the 60's era soundtrack.

I wish I had more info, but that's all I know. Hope that helps a little.

Love this music. I can almost SMELL Disneyland. 6 more days people. 6 MORE DAYS!!!

Thanks for the link!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    The short answer is "yes" and "no". I believe the current queue music is a re-recording of music which closely matches the queue music from the first years of the attraction. However, back in the 90's, both the queue music and attraction music was slightly different. The soundtrack during this time consisted of an orchestration that was more "symphonic", which had that sound like it was played by a full 100-piece orchestra (lots of strings, especially deeper bass lines consisting of cello and bass strings), with great progressive key changes. When they refurbed IASW several years ago, they tossed that symphonic soundtrack and went to the current soundtrack, which sound like, but is not exactly, the 60's era soundtrack.

I wish I had more info, but that's all I know. Hope that helps a little.

You mean Disneyland Paris' version of the music?

(Just ignore the fact that the video is from Anaheim's... the music is correct )

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    You mean Disneyland Paris' version of the music?
    Yes, I believe that's it! I happen to like that version better than the current DL version, but that's just me.

okay-- I was hoping that this music was on the History of Disneyland Music set, but alas no. Do we have the ENTIRE Lincoln of course, but not the Small World queue music. So now the question is... Can I get this on CD? The History CD has the clock presentation and the ride, but not the queue--which is the best part. Any ideas?
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

As far as I know, they haven't released the current queue music to the public. The World's Fair and Parisian versions have been, but otherwise- it's only the ride music you'll find.

• Minion

Nice to see IASW getting some love. Too often we see the song made fun of. As one of my old homes away from home while a CM, I will always hold IASW close to the heart. And as a Disney fan who spent many days as a child there, it will always be one of those attractions that best reps the spirit of Walt and his park. A timeless song and a Disney classic.

BTW, that Paris version, while different, is very nice too.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm a huge fan of the song. I don't find it the least bit irritating. In fact, one of my favorite parts of riding Small World is hearing the tune played in the different regional styles. I love seeing how one piece of music can be played so many different ways and yet stay true to itself!

• Blew By You

There's one small world music version I find odd. On the 50th Anniversary park music edition, the small world music is a combo of two versions, the symphonic version and the current version. The symphony begins with a faster tempo, then when the singing begins, the slightly slower tempo of the current singing version takes over. It's a tad jarring. But if you can ignore that, it's still nice to listen to.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

The first part that you hear there (after the clock tower segment) is actually the original exit music for the ride from the World's Fair. The transition sounds fine to me, though.

I actually had to go back and listen to that again, because it's been so long since I've listened to that version. I usually listen to the 1964 version that's found on the World's Fair CD set. That version plays the full, unedited audio for each section (of course, since this was from the WF, it only goes up as far as Mexico before going into the Finale room). It's also 21 minutes long. So if you're not completely "into" the song, this version may be a bit too much to handle.

• Light up the HALO!

The current IASW Queue music is great. The track that someone posted earlier is the mega music mix that is just a bunch of instrumental tracks thrown together. The real queue music is about 4:05 minutes long. I have also wondered when this music was installed as the first time I went to Disneyland, they had the paris version.

I was looking up videos and I noticed that a video from 1990 posted below has the current area music playing so it must have played the 80s and early 90s. You can hear it a the begining and at the end. Im just wondering when they began playing it and what it was before. I also find it interesting that the same Queue music is played at every IASW except TDL.

As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast