Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

There are some pretty serious rumors on laughingplace that the board of directors are pressuring bob iger to SELL the parks. Iger and tom staggs were spotted recently touring WDW with a saudi prince and a reliable insider is saying that they originally were planning to sell the parks in 2008 but they couldn't find any serious buyers when the stock market exploded.

• Closed Account

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

The defense rests. I would warn ANYBODY that knows DL Mono CMs to warn them about this woman NOW. They must be warned and made to know her history. It could save a life...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Unsubstantiated rumors, those, of course..for now. If any truth to them and the parks get sold, I know a fair amount of customers would take their money elsewhere on principal, unless it was an arrangement with someone like Oriental Land Company that has a track record of quality (not terribly likely if talking about just getting rid of them to streamline things).

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If I may play Devils Advocate......I will wait for D23 before judging this.

If they announce an new land Expansion or Big E ticket ride for Disneyland then I'm not worried but if nothing BIG is announced just stuff like the Fantasy land theater being restored (which is a great thing but not HUGE news like a new subland or E ticket)

• Closed Account

Yes, Iger has, as a matter of FACT, been in discussion with the Prince and Wall St. to sell off the parks or at least parts of them. I don't see how anyone never saw this comming. Eisner warned the Board before he left that Iger had no love for the parks. Even Roy did not accept Iger as CEO after SaveDisney but had to because he had been named successor. Iger does NOT CARE abiut AA Pirates or ghosts, flying elephants, subs, founatin shows, etc. The parks are just another portfolio asset to him. And one that loses money to him and Wall St. Also, the Tokyo eathquake spooked him so now he's all like "What if a natural disaster takes out one of our parks??"

---------- Post added 07-06-2011 at 01:51 AM ----------

The parks have no 5yr plan so i am dying to know what this blue sky stuff is they're planning to announce at D23

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Yes, Iger has, as a matter of FACT, been in discussion with the Prince and Wall St. to sell off the parks or at least parts of them. I don't see how anyone never saw this comming. Eisner warned the Board before he left that Iger had no love for the parks. Even Roy did not accept Iger as CEO after SaveDisney but had to because he had been named successor. Iger does NOT CARE abiut AA Pirates or ghosts, flying elephants, subs, founatin shows, etc. The parks are just another portfolio asset to him. And one that loses money to him and Wall St. Also, the Tokyo eathquake spooked him so now he's all like "What if a natural disaster takes out one of our parks??"
    If you are a Disney Stockholder VOTE NO ON IGER WHEN THE TIME COMES.
    If this is true I am just going to give up on Disney which would mean I would have to re-think my future and my life.

• Lion

It's like wikileaks around here suddenly.

• Minion

For any business, the customer is the true boss.

I completely and totally understand that this woman is not going to be good for Disneyland. Say that she has no love of the parks, say that she only thinks about money, say that she will let attractions and entertainment fall by the waste side. Go for it.

But please in the name of just being better humans, can we not name call? Especially deorgatory words like "hussey" or the like. I don't agree with her business practices and I hate that she will have influence at Disneyland, but it would be a better world for all if we confined our comments to her business practices.

Thanks.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Closed Account

I stopped voting when i realized it didn't matter. the investors are gonna vote for them anyway,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I completely and totally understand that this woman is not going to be good for Disneyland. Say that she has no love of the parks, say that she only thinks about money, say that she will let attractions and entertainment fall by the waste side. Go for it.

But please in the name of just being better humans, can we not name call? Especially deorgatory words like "hussey" or the like. I don't agree with her business practices and I hate that she will have influence at Disneyland, but it would be a better world for all if we confined our comments to her business practices.

Thanks.
    This is a good point..personal attacks are still that even if disagree with a person who is a corporate employee being discussed and not present...they are still a human. Well said.

• Senior Minion

Thanks.
    Very well said -- I couldn't agree more.

I appreciate the passion of the posts in this thread, but slapping sexist labels on Disney's female executives is hitting below the belt.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thanks.
    This.

This is going to be a very heated conversation from many sides. But please, lets keep the name calling off of our boards and keep it friendly around here.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by mr wiggins View Post
    very well said -- i couldn't agree more.

I appreciate the passion of the posts in this thread, but slapping sexist labels on disney's female executives is hitting below the belt.
    literally!!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Banned User

If Tom Staggs were to get boo'd at D23, that would by far be my Disney highlight of the year.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast