Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

i dont know much about the business of the parks../but what did she do that makes this terrible?

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

Oh, didn't know she was the WDW destroyer...
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is about as bad as news gets folks. The woman who ran WDW into the ground is now over Disneyland as well. It is like the Paul Pressler era all over again. Rather than admitting that Paul was the worst Disneyland President ever, they doubled down and promoted him over all the parks. Now they are repeating disaster with meg.

SHAME ON DISNEY! Oh Roy how we need you now!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Why all the negativity with her? I don't follow her that closely so please shed some light for me.

• Pumpkin Dragon

Well, I hope she dares not to mess around with any of Disneyland's current operations. I like my park in working order, not skewered to no end.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is about as bad as news gets folks. The woman who ran WDW into the ground is now over Disneyland as well. It is like the Paul Pressler era all over again. Rather than admitting that Paul was the worst Disneyland President ever, they doubled down and promoted him over all the parks. Now they are repeating disaster with meg.

SHAME ON DISNEY! Oh Roy how we need you now!!!
    Not only that, but she's still in charge of WDW, and the Paris parks, which means she's overextended as well. If she can't manage WDW, how can she do 3 resorts?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Not only that, but she's still in charge of WDW, and the Paris parks, which means she's overextended as well. If she can't manage WDW, how can she do 3 resorts?
    .........Poorly? That's how she can do it I hope my worst ideas of what could happen don't come true in this case.

Maybe she'll be too busy "running" all three resorts to actually interfere with any of them?

Should things start to go downhill, I'll have to reconsider whether I continue to renew my AP.

• Senior Minion

If she can't manage WDW, how can she do 3 resorts?
    Who said she couldn't manage WDW? She did an excellent job managing WDW in precisely the manner the Company wanted, by Just Saying No to request after request for attraction maintenance and needed upgrades -- fattening the bottom line with every "No."

People forget that during the height of Paul Pressler's reign over Disneyland, his cutbacks made so much money for the Company that he was the Golden Boy of Burbank -- for a time he was widely rumored as Michael's chosen successor.

To the Company, these people are not inept, they are brilliant at achieving exactly what the Company's sharp pencil boys (like former Chief Financial Officer Tom Staggs) want them to achieve.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Adventures with Duffy

I guess Im not sure what she has done to mess up WDW. Ive only been there a few times. Were as I pretty much grew up at DL.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

My understanding from the article is that Crofton will take a somewhat similar position to Weiss, as an overseer of multiple Disney resorts. She is not replacing Kalogridis as DLR President. While there may be some cause for concern, this "sky is falling" mentality is a little extreme.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I guess Im not sure what she has done to mess up WDW. Ive only been there a few times. Were as I pretty much grew up at DL.
    Basically every time anyone one requested funds to do maintenance on rides, the park, etc, it got denied. Massive spending cut backs. Things fell to pieces, rotted, quality dropped off massively. Much like it did at Disneyland in the 90s where things would go years and years and years without refurbs or even regular maintenance. But this saved a ton of money so the pencil pushers loved it and they were "heroes." Dark dark days.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Let's just wait and see.
    In this extreme case, I think we need to take Meg's record into account and just say NO. Whether this is a ceremonial position . . . figurehead . . . holding pen until she is forced out . . . or they've made her Queen of the Castle . . . It is simply wrong to put your worst asset in charge of all the parks (Especially the well performing gem which is Disneyland).

I'm sure there is politics behind this, but Tom Staggs (whom we normally love) needs to know that the world will judge this as a bone-headed decision and one which sends a message that the company rewards poor performance.

Say NO to MEG!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Cunning infiltrator

Great! I asked for help and they send me 'Crofton!'

- Indy at the Gates of Doom.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RollingBoulder View Post
    She is not replacing Kalogridis as DLR President. While there may be some cause for concern, this "sky is falling" mentality is a little extreme.
    Tell that to George and his staff. The executive in charge of WDW's half-decade of Declining by Degrees is now their boss.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast