Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    This is essentially the same position Paul Pressler was put in when he was promoted from Disneyland President over all the parks. Meg has continued his legacy and is now taking his old position. That IS cause for alarm! If you hear folks crying that the sky is falling, that is because in this case, Meg was the single worst person who could have been placed into such a position (regardless of how much power she will have)!
    Yeah, I definitely understand the principle of it. No one who is that inept should ever be rewarded with a promotion. Although I still think the effect she will actually have on the DLR is very much up-in-the-air.

• Minion

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

I feel sorry for Disneyland. Nothing will be maintained. Anything new will be interactive and geared towards pleasing the kiddies. Show quality will go bye byes.

From what I understand, maintenance issues are already being ignored at Disneyland Paris. It wouldn't surprise me to see them close the park rather than do the maintenance.

Angry Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

This is extremely bad news, and I am honestly really afraid for Disneyland and DCA. Walt Disney is one of my greatest idols, and I truly thought that the company was turning around for the better. I thought that with Eisner, Pressler and Harriss gone, things would forever be a whole lot better, at least from the parks standpoint.

And now, we get a new Pressler. A new Harriss. I'm devastated. The saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't apply to these people.
    Peace, free love and rock 'n' roll

SAVE THE HISTORIC PALO ALTO BOWL!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" -- Margaret Mead

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Well, Meg was over the entire resort and could have said no. But she didn't. She follows VERY closely in the shoes of Paul Pressler folks. She is a bean counter from the word go.
    Exactly. Disney promotes senior executives to top positions because of their demonstrated achievements and vision, not in spite of them. Promoting Meg is a proclamation by Bob and Tom to the entire Disney Parks management that Meg's decisions, Meg's management style and Meg's vision for WDW are what the Company wants for the DLR and DLP.

It says to you as a Disney manager or low level executive that if you want to rise in the hierarchy, Meg is your standard.

Far more than the damage that Paul and Meg did on their own to DL and WDW, was the damage done by the uncounted managers and executives who emulated them, consciously or by anticipating what actions would bring them approval.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    From what I understand, maintenance issues are already being ignored at Disneyland Paris. It wouldn't surprise me to see them close the park rather than do the maintenance.
    They won't close Disneyland Paris, but you could certainly see a continuation of poor maintenance and "Just enough to keep them entertained" attitude imported from Disney World.

Meg doesn't understand what Disney means. She is a bean counter. To her, Disney is solely a product. She doesn't understand that the "Product" has to be magical in order to sell. Walt was a business man too, but he built his company on being better than everyone else and woven with pixie dust to the core. That is lost on someone like Meg. And now she is in charge of all the parks.

Roy may be gone, but we can still SAVE DISNEY folks! Speak up and spread this news far and wide, high and low, and don't stop until Meg is working at the GAP!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Right when we thought the company was going in the right direction. They took a GIANT leap backwards.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Meg's horrible leadership abilities and broad experience of running theme parks into the ground make her the perfect person to lead resort operations to destruction in our established markets in the United States and Europe, and as a result alienate our guests while churning out sub-par product," Staggs wrote in a memo to employee.
    Fixed.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Looks like it is time for a trip to Universal Orlando and DisneySea/Tokyo Disneyland instead. Who's with me?

• WDW will always be home.

Honestly, I'm not so sure this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I'm a WDW native - I visit WDW multiple times a year and nothing has saddened me more than to see the declines that have occurred in its recent history. But let's not forgot those declines started in 1994. Meg Crofton's tenure at WDW was IMHO, not the worst period in the park's history, it was from 1994-2005 when most of the cutbacks and horribly boneheaded decisions took place. That was under Al Weiss' leadership. Since he was promoted, under Meg's leadership, there's actually been some slight improvements in maintenance, upkeep, and new attraction development at WDW.

Granted, WDW is, after DLP, still the worst maintained Disney park on the planet. It needs a lot more TLC than it's getting. Tomorrowland, Future World, and most of DHS are just flat out embarrassing right now. But I don't see Meg as being a drastic departure from Al Weiss when it comes to P&R Operations President - she's just more of the same. Hopefully, for DLR's sake, that means that George Kalogridis will have the same level of autonomy he had under Al.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Wasnt Tom Staggs a "bean counter" before he became chairman of parks and resorts ? and now we love him.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Just awful news.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Parking Lot > DCA

Maybe our silly Toontown will go bye-bye too!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Honestly, I'm not so sure this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I'm a WDW native - I visit WDW multiple times a year and nothing has saddened me more than to see the declines that have occurred in its recent history. But let's not forgot those declines started in 1994. Meg Crofton's tenure at WDW was IMHO, not the worst period in the park's history, it was from 1994-2005 when most of the cutbacks and horribly boneheaded decisions took place. That was under Al Weiss' leadership. Since he's been promoted, there's actually been some slight improvements in maintenance, upkeep, and new attraction development.

Granted, WDW is, after DLP, still the worst maintained Disney park on the planet. It needs a lot more TLC than it's getting. Tomorrowland, Future World, and most of DHS are just flat out embarrassing right now. But I don't see this as being a drastic departure from Al Weiss - it's just more of the same.
    Bold mine.

More of the same for WDW...not for current Disneyland standard, which has been increasingly positive. And making it bad at WDW as the standard isn't 'acceptable' either...been sad to hear of the seemingly bad state over there.

Question Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

What about the savedisney URL? Is that still available? I'm serious ... WDW Blues is long gone; Operation Preserve Disneyland closed many years ago after being taken over by a "Disney can do no wrong" guy; Roy has passed away ... it'd be amazing if somebody started up a website.
    Peace, free love and rock 'n' roll

SAVE THE HISTORIC PALO ALTO BOWL!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" -- Margaret Mead

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Crap. This is not good. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    IASW Facade is still dirty and broken.
    I HAVE to call you out on this.

As one of the small world-obsessed people who knows probably way too much about it (though not everything), I can honestly say that they have it in near-perfect condition. For years there were missing/broken components that are all-of-a-sudden fixed! And the same can be said for the inside! Small World is in the best shape its been in in a long time, even moreso than after its lengthy refurb that left a lot of things still needing touchups, etc.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast