Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast

• Future Cast Member

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

Sorry, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Disney management and presidential stuff. Could someone please explain to me why she is such a bad president? And what happened to her and Disney World?
    Sorry for the inconvenience, just wanted to know the full details.

• Minion

Re: Meg Crofton - New President of Operations for the US and French Disney Parks

^ Just look through the thread. Quite a few people have had the same question and some very well-informed people have answered.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

It might be a good idea to put together a separate website or blog specifically for this.

• Disney Junkie

anyway else we can get through to them that this is a bad idea? email? take to facebook and twitter?

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Bolded in red wherever there is a red flag. Job duties taken from the CA tourism website.

Key Duties & Responsibilities:
    Organizational Planning

Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
    Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change.
    Ensures clarity, understanding and commitment from all stakeholders.
    Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned
    departmental work plans.

Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital
    budgets.
    Management Accountabilities
    Directs all aspects of effective administrative management, financial management and reporting, information technology, facilities and human resource management.
    Responsible for supporting the President and CEO and other senior directors in all aspects of program growth specifically through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place.
    Innovation
    Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness.
    Performs other related duties as assigned. Such duties do not normally change the level
    of the job.
    http://www.visitcalifornia.com/media...Operations.pdf

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think WDW is gonna feel it far worse than DL. At least DCA's expansion will keep DLR sustained for quite some time even if Hollywoodland and Golden State don't get their complete redos. But the very idea that DAK and Studios will still remain in their very underdeveloped states all the way up to the 50th Anniversary is just unnerving. I was really hoping for some major additions to get done before then aside from just the Fantasyland expansion but I have a feeling the Fantasyland expansion will be the only big addition we'll be seeing this decade.

I hope it's not the case but it's kinda a bummer. And as for DLRP it'll be a miracle if that resort makes it through this decade without getting run into the ground.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Hope she can come to the D23 convention next month. Then she'll get an ear full of boos during whatever presentation she makes.Maybe we can even make her cry as she runs off the stage!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Dear Mr. Staggs;

If a baker has made beautiful bread for years and people still talk fondly about it, that doesn't mean the bread is still worth buying if it has gone stale. Meg Crofton makes Disney stale. She's a brand killer.

You are too smart to promote someone like Meg. Even if this is all some secret plan to push her out (as perhaps it was for Al Weiss), it still sends the wrong message that Disney rewards poor performance.

There is nothing special or magic about the way Meg has abused Disney World and drained it of energy, magic and creativity. Nor is it acceptable that you and others allowed her to get away with diminishing your flagship resort. You are now creating a very real fear that she will exert the same level of neglect at Disneyland (and the long suffering Disneyland Paris).

Make a real statement and fire her outright for Disney World's pathetic performance and non-Disney standards! Let the shareholders know that Disney takes the performance of its parks seriously and will hold Disney World to the highest entertainment standards that the Disney Company is famous for.

Your flagship resort is sinking and you've just given a pat on the back and a big promotion to the captain who drove it into the rocks! What are you teaching the management at all levels of the Disney Company? You are showing them that only by wringing out every last penny, even at the expense of long term growth and brand reputation, you can get yourself promoted to the highest levels.

For shame!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Screw this. I'm going to Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Orlando from now on.

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Growing up I would be lucky enough to go to Disneyland maybe once a year, for my birthday at that. I basically didnt go to the parks for the majority of the 90's and early 00's so I never experienced the management dilema of that era. Disney was not a big part of my life then. I enjoyed going there as a child and had fond memories but it wasnt until around 2006 that Disneyland had become a big part of my life. Imagine to my surprise of many years of not going to the parks seeing that the skyway was long gone (only rode them once), The people mover was no more (rode them once), and The rocket jets were now at ground level. Changes were made to the park but it wasnt until I stumbled upon a Dateline Disneyland article link on Google in 2009 that I became as passoinate of the park as many Micechatters here today.

It truely is sad to read about the dissaray the park was in alittle more then a decade ago and I'm glad that slowly but surely things have improved. I was in a way fortunate with having not gone thru the Pressler/Harris era as some put it. And I hope nothing that terrible happens again to DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Well if the WDW Fantasyland expansion can happen under her watch-there could be a slight sliver of hope at the end of this bleak tunnel. Also if you visit the DLP thread there are tons of refurb projects happening right now.
    From what I have been gathering on the WDW Fantasyland project after the initial showing of what the exspansion would have apparently things were later trimmed down to cut costs. Cant remember what but basically once the initial "WOW" factor of the announcement was made then the cost cutting was done to certain things.

Also wasnt TDO basically getting its arm twisted in redoing their Star Tours? Sure they got the new ride scenes but passed on actually changing or remodeling their qeue because they wanted to save money while Disneyland went the extra step and worked on the cabins hydrolics, worked on the qeue and added little extra touches.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdzny View Post
    Sorry, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Disney management and presidential stuff. Could someone please explain to me why she is such a bad president? And what happened to her and Disney World?
    Sorry for the inconvenience, just wanted to know the full details.
    From what I gather she has had a hand in why WDW has not had much upkeep and is in the shape it is now. I've never been to WDW and am going for the first time this August but having read of how certain things are run there I hope its not as bad as I've heard. I'm sure I'll still enjoy being there but to me DL has always been that one special park mainly because Walt lived and enjoyed the park as I do today.

Quote Originally Posted by cbisson View Post
    anyway else we can get through to them that this is a bad idea? email? take to facebook and twitter?
    I tried voicing how I felt by posting: "Say 'No' to Meg Crofton as Disneyland Resort's 'President of Operations'" on Disney Facebook Pages and they censored me by deleting the comments. Good luck and let me know if you found a way to be heard. I would love to contribute to something that will let Disney know that this is a bad idea.

Thank you open

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Dear Mr. Staggs;

If a baker has made beautiful bread for years and people still talk fondly about it, that doesn't mean the bread is still worth buying if it has gone stale. Meg Crofton makes Disney stale. She's a brand killer.

You are too smart to promote someone like Meg. Even if this is all some secret plan to push her out (as perhaps it was for Al Weiss), it still sends the wrong message that Disney rewards poor performance.

There is nothing special or magic about the way Meg has abused Disney World and drained it of energy, magic and creativity. Nor is it acceptable that you and others allowed her to get away with diminishing your flagship resort. You are now creating a very real fear that she will exert the same level of neglect at Disneyland (and the long suffering Disneyland Paris).

Make a real statement and fire her outright for Disney World's pathetic performance and non-Disney standards! Let the shareholders know that Disney takes the performance of its parks seriously and will hold Disney World to the highest entertainment standards that the Disney Company is famous for.

Your flagship resort is sinking and you've just given a pat on the back and a big promotion to the captain who drove it into the rocks! What are you teaching the management at all levels of the Disney Company? You are showing them that only by wringing out every last penny, even at the expense of long term growth and brand reputation, you can get yourself promoted to the highest levels.

For shame!
    +1 Well said Dusty!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Does this mean that my better option is a season pass to Adventure City?
    With Matt Ouimet in charge I think the better option will be a season pass to Knotts.

Seriously.

I have been to WDW 6 times in the last six years and I am not sure I am following the reason why people say WDW is in disarray. Could someone maybe explain what people mean and enlighten me?

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast