Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Idea for the Matterhorn

I was listening to the music in this video of the Matterhorn...(please note I think you have to sign up for the site to view it...)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru...hp?i=1237&c=35

and realized that the Matterhorn doesn't have any music like the Space Mountain cars have. I think the music presented on this video is very catchy, and fits the theme of the mountain. If the Matterhorn did get new cars sometime, I think that some sort of music should go into them, just like Space Mtn. I mean, the Matterhorn is an adventure, right?

Any thoughts after listening to the music?

Re: Idea for the Matterhorn

P.S. Maybe they could have the music on at night ... possibly like Space Mtn's RockIt Mtn. hmm...

• =)

Mmmm, I'd prefer it without music. Feels a little more "real" that way.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It would have to be yodelling to be authenticly Swiss.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I agree . . . music would be overkill. The Matterhorn benefits from more "natural" sounds like yodelers, oompa bands and attacking yetis.

And, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I've never cared for music tracks on Space Mountain. Pretty annoying if you ask me.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd like to see DCA get a RocknRollerCoaster featuring the music of No Doubt / Gwen Stefani, as the band is all Anaheim or OC natives.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Personally, I'd just like to ride Gwen Stefani.

• That's Hawt

It might be kind of cool but I think they could do better than to use the music from Illuminations ... but then again, I don't want them to mess with the classic! Although I do think the ride could use a retracking to mabye smooth it out a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    It might be kind of cool but I think they could do better than to use the music from Illuminations ... but then again, I don't want them to mess with the classic! Although I do think the ride could use a retracking to mabye smooth it out a bit.
    I agree on this one...a new track is the best thing they could do to this ride, along with new cars. I realize that the current bobsleds are classic and many people love the idea of them...but I'd have to argue that the seating isnt the best. And the track is so incredibly rough that many times I have gotten worried on this ride because it was squeaking and such. Anybody have any thoughts on a spruce up? and if or when it would happen?

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by PianoManBluez
    I agree on this one...a new track is the best thing they could do to this ride, along with new cars. I realize that the current bobsleds are classic and many people love the idea of them...but I'd have to argue that the seating isnt the best. And the track is so incredibly rough that many times I have gotten worried on this ride because it was squeaking and such. Anybody have any thoughts on a spruce up? and if or when it would happen?
    Yes, I rode with daughterdisneyfer and I got a little ... uh ... uncomfortable! SQUISH!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I'd like to see DCA get a RocknRollerCoaster featuring the music of No Doubt / Gwen Stefani, as the band is all Anaheim or OC natives.
    Ugh; every time I go on the Matterhorn I get that song "Tragic Kingdom" in my mind...

But judging by that sound (and the rotted fruit images on that album), I thought the band was *anti* Disneyland?

I agree that the seating on the Matterhorn is less than ideal, although I don't know how they'd make new cars without decreasing capacity.

And is the Matterhorn structurally sound? I don't know where I read it, but I remember someone working on a rehab of the Matterhorn years ago, and after he saw the insides, he would no longer let his family ride it. I also remember it used to go down for month-plus rehabs every year (I didn't ride it for several years even when I made annual visits, because it was always out of commission on my Spring Break). Does it still have the same long rehabs?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I would prefer that Disneyland Resort never see Rock'n' Roller Coaster put into place in any form.

• white and nerdy

You'd have to fight all the people who think they shouldn't change anything about anything... but I like the idea of putting music on.... or perhaps sound effects...

Imagine: hearing the yetti roawr from behind with heavy breathing and foot falls....

it could be cool
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

The only changes I would like to see to the matterhorn would be a storytelling que through a deralict swiss town (MBC) and then a brief ride through the forest to the base of the montain (under pedestrian walkway). Also maybe theming the first lift a little more. Make it look like you are ascending the side of the icy peaks.

Chesck out the ride thats 7 pictures down on this page, http://www.themeparkreview.com/europ...heidepark3.htm

Maybe they could work this into the matterhorn somehow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast