Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Cheapest and Best Hotel near or across the street from DLR

Want to hear your opinion on the best good neighbor hotels near disneyland. how pricey adn how the experience was, thanks.
    <font size=4> </font>

Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel near or across the street from DLR

I like the Alpine on Katella--close enough to walk, but cheaper than across the street. about 90/night.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Minion

We stayed at the Super 8 on Katella about 2 years ago, I think we paid $47 then. It's about a 15-minute walk to the Esplanade, if you're in a hurry, or 20 minutes if not in a hurry. You can stop at the 7-11 at Harbor and Katella and buy an iced coffee to drink on the way. The Super 8 is bare-bones, clean, but it's basically nothing more than a place to sleep. It does have a pool and jacuzzi. The free "breakfast" included is only cold cereal, cheap donuts, coffee and juice. There is a Subway at Harbor and Katella where you could pick up a breakfast sandwich. The people working at the Super 8 were all very polite, helpful and professional.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I always stay at the Quality Inn on Manchester. I'm not sure if they are an official "good neighbor" hotel, but depending on the time of year you can get a room there for around $50-70 a night (using Kayak.com), and they have waffles with their free breakfast. Down sides are the rooms are older and small, and its close to the 5 freeway, but its within walking distance or you can catch the ART shuttle at HoJo's across the street. Parking I think is now about $1 a day, and they have a resort fee that is under $4.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• formerly very helpful

I just stayed at a place called the Eden Roc, right by the corner of Katella and Disney. Only about $55 a nite. Very bare bones, plain. Nothing fancy. Some free pre-packaged muffins and coffee in the morning. A real easy walk to the resort.

My favorite hotel accross the street was the Camelot Inn, right on Harbor. I don't remember the cost, but less than the Disneyland Hotels.

• Embrace the kitsch!

For the Gumball Rally, I stayed at the Anaheim Inn, which sits right next to the Pumbaa parking lot. It's less than a block to the esplanade. Small, basic, under $100/night.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Park Vue Inn, no question. Nice pool, clean rooms, amazing continental b-fast. It's directly across the main crosswalk and you can get Cold Stone ice cream delivered up to your room We've never had a bad experience, we won't stay anywhere else! It's usually under $100/night too, but it might be higgher at peak times.
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• Just good enough

Anaheim Plaza Hotel on Harbor Blvd, about a block down from the Esplanade. They just renovated and put in a brand new HUGE pool. It's not the greatest hotel out there, but for within walking distance it's great! If you aren't planning on spending a lot of time at the hotel, then check this place out at only $59 a night when I visit, it's really the best deal in the area.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I always stay at the Quality Inn on Manchester. I'm not sure if they are an official "good neighbor" hotel, but depending on the time of year you can get a room there for around $50-70 a night (using Kayak.com), and they have waffles with their free breakfast. Down sides are the rooms are older and small, and its close to the 5 freeway, but its within walking distance or you can catch the ART shuttle at HoJo's across the street. Parking I think is now about $1 a day, and they have a resort fee that is under $4.
    I have also stayed at Quality on Manchester. You can get the best price by joining their Choice Privledges thing from their web site. Small but clean, I didn`t notice the freeway noise. I stay there when I come down by myself. With the family we stay at the GCH, the best but we have to save up for it. Paradise Pier Hotel is the cheapest Disney hotel, nice but the walk is almost as far as from Quality to the park. Using Quaility`s web site and being a Choice Privledge member I got a room for $60 mid June.

• First star to the right..

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    Anaheim Plaza Hotel on Harbor Blvd, about a block down from the Esplanade. They just renovated and put in a brand new HUGE pool. It's not the greatest hotel out there, but for within walking distance it's great! If you aren't planning on spending a lot of time at the hotel, then check this place out at only $59 a night when I visit, it's really the best deal in the area.
    i've stayed there a couple of times...and decided i would try something else next time. Last time i was there i had no hot water when i woke up and had to change rooms. the are really small, and really really really cheap...but i suppose you get what you pay for...

they do have smoking rooms, which for me is a plus, but even i thought they smelled...i'm going to try something different next time...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    I have also stayed at Quality on Manchester. You can get the best price by joining their Choice Privledges thing from their web site. Small but clean, I didn`t notice the freeway noise. I stay there when I come down by myself. With the family we stay at the GCH, the best but we have to save up for it. Paradise Pier Hotel is the cheapest Disney hotel, nice but the walk is almost as far as from Quality to the park. Using Quaility`s web site and being a Choice Privledge member I got a room for $60 mid June.
    Yup... I'm a member. I usually check prices on kayak, but they more often than not have the best price close to the park then I go to their website and get even more of a discount with my card. I think my room in August for Expo was around $57 a night. They don't charge $10-20 for parking like many other places in the resort area, and the breakfast saves me money by not having to buy breakfast somewhere else unless I want to.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I've also stayed at the Quality Inn. Even though my room had a view of the freeway, the noise wasn't too bad. Also, if you are going into the park before you check in, they are cool with you parking your car in their lot so you don't have to pay at the park (just let them know at the front desk so they don't wonder about a strange car).

The breakfast is also very nice. It can be very crowded and tough to find places to sit down, so I just brought my food back to my room.

With my AAA discount, my room was under $50.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    i've stayed there a couple of times...and decided i would try something else next time. Last time i was there i had no hot water when i woke up and had to change rooms. the are really small, and really really really cheap...but i suppose you get what you pay for...

they do have smoking rooms, which for me is a plus, but even i thought they smelled...i'm going to try something different next time...
    Stayed there twice in the last year, and the highest average nightly rate was $74 (included a holiday weekend) - the lowest $59. The rooms are small, but then I don't spend much time there, awake anyway. Never had a lack of hot water, but when everyone is up showering at the same time, the temp fluctuates a bit. The new pool/spa is awesome, the proximity to the Esplanade is just right. The proximity to Anaheim Walk is awesome. Sure the place is not new and ultra modern, but it is clean, and a nice value.

My favorite is still HOJO, however last time I tried to book I couldn't get a room for the days I wanted to go and the lowest daily cost was about $125 - nearly twice the rate as when we stayed before. That new pirate splash area must have been REALLY expensive. As much as I like HOJO, they priced themselves outside my budget.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm not really here

We always stay at the Park Vue Inn. Literally 7 minutes from your room to the park gates. Includes a continental breakfast. The pool is nice and clean. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Service is really good. Staff is friendly and helpful. Price is usually under $100 but can go over during busier seasons. But for the absolute closest you can get, the convenience is worth a little extra $ in my book.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Noone has mentioned the Candy Cane Inn. I thought it was a favorite?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast