Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

well, I usually get shot down for this one, but since I'm always on the lookout for ways to fix HPB, how about moving Star Tours out of Tomorrowland and building a themed environment based on the notion that this is a set of Mos Eisley. Improve the simulartor technology, create at least one new ride film, maybe even build the cantina as a sit-down restaurant.

I see a full 3rd gate based on Star Wars as having limited appeal, but I do think there is a huge missed opportunity by keeping the Star Tours in Tomorrowland.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I personally love the idea of a park with Star Wars theming (and my husband would probably die from happiness) but I don't know if there is enough universal appeal to build a whole other park based on it, at least for Disney. I would be happy with some better theming, like in Tokyo or Florida, there are much better show buildings out there and I think Tomorrowland would be greatly benefitted by some richer theming on the current star tours.

As for DCA, it was meant to start out small so that they wouldn't have another Disnayland Paris where it was gigantic and no one came for three years. It was meant to be slowly expanded and I for one am keeping my hopes up about that park. I always enjoy going there and I don't think it is as big of a disaster as everyone always says it is. I think it has a lot of potential and I am especially hopeful with the new management in place. I think they will be able to turn it into a viable park someday.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to put a permanent stage show like The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast in at the Hyperion? I have always thought that would be such a great idea and if I am not mistaken, the Hyperion is built to handle shows of that size. It just seems like the logical thing to do and I bet DCA's numbers would go up a lot if they did something like that.

Sorry, guess this is all a little off topic, just a few things I have had on my mind.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    What about a space park in general. With Star Wars as a land?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I don't know if Disney could pull that off either. Look at what a dissapointment Tomorrowland has been over recently. They haven't even had enough good stuff coming out of Imagineering to fill a land, I don't know if they could pull off a new park. I am glad that the talk of a third park has been shelved for now and that Disneyland is finally getting what it deserves. A third park is putting the cart before the horse I think, the two they already have still need lots of lovin'.

Plus, can you imagine what Katella would be like with another theme park on it?!? It used to take me 20 minutes to get to Harbor Point on the CM shuttle (on a good day) and if they moved the CM parking any farther away they would be shuttling them in from Arrowhead pond!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Always dreaming

I would prefer WESTCOT, but only if it is done well. However, Disney is going to have to buy up a lot of extra land to make a third park feasible. And, a third park should not even be considered until DCA is meeting expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer_2
    I would prefer WESTCOT, but only if it is done well. However, Disney is going to have to buy up a lot of extra land to make a third park feasible. And, a third park should not even be considered until DCA is meeting expectations.
    the third gate lot is 90 acres

WestCot was going to be built on the same land that DCA occupies (well DCA plus the Timon lot which probably raises it to 80 acres? maybe not that much 75?) Disneyland is 85

it isn't about how much land you have it's about how you use it

WDW's Sorin looks bigger then ours because a large part of ours is built underground, in florida the land is to swampy to build underground

as far as Westcot is concerened I hate the name sounds too much like an Epcot rip off (at least DCA isn't named "Animal MGM Kingdom: featuring the Magic of the Pier" or something weird like that)

then again I can't think up a non dirivative name but my first inclination would be to name the third gate something like "Disney's World seas" rats sounds too much like Disneyworld maybe "Disney's Seas of the World?"

meh I'll work on it (the map is coming along)

• Minion

Well, as far as a name for a west coast epcot, I have thought for a while that we should bring over Figment and name the park ImagiNation.

As far as acreage, keep in mind that the lagoon itself is 40 of Epcot's 260 acres. Then, cut out problematic attractions to reproduce like Living Seas, eliminate duplicate or oversimilar attractions DLR already has like Body Wars and HISTA, chop out many of the films and condense the World Showcase into a land organized more by region than my individual nations, and you could do the park right, perhaps even better than Epcot.

• BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP

If something like DisneySea were to ever happen, it'd definitely be something that would have to engulf DCA.

Personally I think that DCA will most likely be revamped/closed/added-on-to-drastically within 5-10 years, once the administration realizes that the park is not going to succeed or make money anytime soon, if ever.

Only until DCA becomes fixed, then the time for a third park would be appropriate. No Disney seas!!!! Yes, its a spectacular park in TDL, but no more clones please! I would very much like a Wescot. That would be amazing! Sure, it would be similar to Epcot, but not an exact clone. Much more new stuff will fill the park.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

This park will probally never happen in Anaheim unless TDA and the big wigs on top approve a budget of over 6 Billion Dollars. That is the aprox. cost to initally build TDS (Tokyo Disney Sea). Also most of the money was fronted by the real owners of the park Oriental Land Company OLC.

Quote Originally Posted by yensid70
    This park will probally never happen in Anaheim unless TDA and the big wigs on top approve a budget of over 6 Billion Dollars. That is the aprox. cost to initally build TDS (Tokyo Disney Sea). Also most of the money was fronted by the real owners of the park Oriental Land Company OLC.
    from what I've heard DisneySea costs closer to 3Billion

and besides most've the engineering on DisneySea has been paid for making it cheaper to build

also Disney could go the way Animal Kingdom did

start out the park with very heavy theming and build up the attractions later

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    from what I've heard DisneySea costs closer to 3Billion

and besides most've the engineering on DisneySea has been paid for making it cheaper to build

also Disney could go the way Animal Kingdom did

start out the park with very heavy theming and build up the attractions later
    Right... no matter what goes in, the #1 priority has to be theming and infrastructure.

As much as I love the IDEA of GRR, the placement is so horrible that part of me will always want it moved or simply retired... AK has its Tree of Life, Epcot has its Spaceship Earth, and the MKs each have their own Castle. A third gate will need to have an iconic weenie around which everything is organized. Disneyland was very much built like a lifesize model train layout, complete with areas where more can be plugged in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123