We are back from my 50th birthday celebration at Disneyland. First I really do have to thank the kind folks at Disney for having AP rates at the DL hotel for my birthday trip, without them I may have been stuck in cold and rainy NO CA .
We arrived late afternoon on Sunday on the way there we were taking my oldest daughter back from spending Thanksgiving with us and she decieded to call the youngest Daughter and they called DL hotel and secured Mon and Tues eve's at AP rates for all of them! Yippee mom and dad got to shell out the credit card to secure ( and ya they will pay us back someday!)
Sunday evening we had comp reservations for the river front seating of Fantasmic! It was Fantastic and cold , but many a dessert and hot chocolate refills cured that! And seeing the fireworks from that location was also good, no castle images but good!
Monday we went to DL a little, long story , car brakes sounded bad , went to get new brakes wasted most of the day! But it was ok we watched our grandson and explored DT disney while my daughter and hubby went to see RENT. Spending time with my grandson is truly priceless.
Tuesday early morning entry , no one up except my hubby and I . We had a blast on the rides ( his first time on Astro rockest , he is scared of heights )and first for Buzz HE LOVED IT.And YAY we got on Peter Pan without the wait! We had the character breakfast at Plaza Inn and were kids again having our pics taken with the characters.Also we had some other friends there with 2 little girls and really loved seeing them in their princess outfits and just glowing over the characters. The rest of the family finally showed and we had a wonderful day at the park. I went on Space Mt for the first time since reopening the changes that got me were the lift which definitley felt more upside downish going round and round, the darkness , and the end where it felt like I was going backwards and making a sharp turn to the right to the unloading area. Hubby also had to go on Buzz again and then talked me into one of those starwars pics at star trader where we became Hans Solo and Princess Leigha! Bad experience was at the Emporium where we were purchasing souvineers , my daughter has the premium pass and I have the one below that so she was using her AP to make the purchase the woman behind the counter decided that since she saw me hand her cash from my wallet we were only entittled to my discount not hers! She was very rude and claimed that she could not give us the 15% disc only 10% normally I am easy going but not this time! So we just went to another registar , I have spent too much $$$ there this year with the wedding and visits to feel that it was OK to be treated poorly , it wasnt what the CM said but how she said it and her attitude. Next we had the Imagination to Celebration Tour , I liked but did not Love it. I have taken a tour serveral years ago and it was pretty much the same info , in a different presentation. We got on POTC and Yes BUZZ again , BTMR was down so we got a fastpass to use the next day. I also would like to suggest on the night tours that the tour guide have a lighted riding crop since sometimes it is hard to keep up and see where they lead. My feet were thankful for the priority SEATING , seat being the key word for the fireworks show ( usually seating is at the Main ST train station, but due to it being readied for Candlelight we were seated at the pin trading pavillion at the end of Main St) The snack boxes were ok..the group photo, replica ticket book and Walts firehouse apt lamp were nice. The Remember fireworks always amaze me no matter where I view them from , the last time I watched from The Main St Train Station this time the closer view was wonderful and we could really feel the show surrounding us...but no Tink ...oh well.
Wednesday was my birthday , we started with a 10 of us at Goofys Kitchen for breakfast , I got my birthday bag and all !!! My grandson is now 14 months and loves feeding the characters his Gooforoni and cheese.We had a wonderful time! We went back to our room and my daughters gave me birthday presents WOW I am so blessed and lucky. I got the David Avzereno, not spelled right , framed DISNEYLAND multi media sign and the 50th castle big fig ( did you know it not only lights up but is a music box and plays " when you Wish Upon a Star" and the DIsneyland Hotels early years book I have been eyeing ,and most important I got to spend another day with my family and friends.
So ok I am a disneyland freak but I do also enjoy DCA we went on rides : I had never been on the Zepher it was fun . but no more mullhand mouse whatever it is ...jerky and headachey! Screamin is always a blast loved it. While us big people did that my hubby took my grandson and the smaller girls on King Tritons merryground and had a blast! A Marughretia makes Flicks bearable , my oldest daughter and I must have looked like idiots on the ladybug ride, my son in law had never been in a Bugs Life since by daughter wont go ( she is not a touchy feely person and hates the poke in the back and bugs running out of the show features. He loved it and watching him laugh and enjoy the show was a treat! I love the Animation Studio , we let my Aidan out of his stroller to run around and he was happy and amazed then : he saw JoJo ,wow his first love, he ran to over sat in her lap kissed and hugged her and being it was not busy and he was the only little one there , he had like 20 minutes of quality time with her.I have to thank the CM who was in that costume that little guy was in heaven and she just played along with him and loved him and whispered who knows what in his ear , he was taken and star struck! Sort of like how his Grampy felt about Crush! After that I wernt with the last of the die hards back to DL for one last ride on Indy and Space Mt, then quickly took the Monarail back to our hotel.
We had dinner reservations for Granvilles at 8:40 , I had nver eaten there . The food was fantastic, the service impeccable, and the company unsurpassable! There were seven of us for dinner, my other adoptive daughter joined us and the atmosphere was wonderful , kinda private, no Mocarena, no characters , just good company. good wine and conversation. Nice little birthday song and dessert! As we were winding up dinner a gentleman came over to wish me Happy Birthday , he was also an AP'er , and raved about the baked Alaska dessert, had some stories to tell and trivia , and was alone we talked to him for quite some time and I really wished he had joinned us for dinner. My oldest daughter listened to his stories, my youngest daughter elaborated on the Thanksgiving dinner at the Grand Ball Room at the DL hotel, we talked abot the tours , he had done the holiday tour the night before , one thing that sticks out in my mind is him saying he wished he would have known Walt and that he was " sure , as we all were that we wished he was still here today" He finally bid us goodnight and went on his way but somehow that lonely man made an impression on all of us. My daughter and I were talking on the phone this evening and she said that she was glad that we are the type on family that people feel comfortable approaching and talking to...yes I am blessed and happy to be 50 and looking forwad to many more years! I look forward to taking my grandson to DL for many a time to come . hopefully I will meet another stranger who loves the place as much as I do, I still want to get hubby on another E ticket ride. No I didnt get to Pilot the Mark Twain again on this trip, also no go on Splash Mt, but it dosent matter I will be back! And another wonder I found a photo album that I put in the in my Disney book section in the libaray that I forgot about YAY my daughter went on the skyway and people mover I found the the pictures!