View Poll Results: What do you think of it?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • IT'S ABOUT TIME! WE NEED IT!

32 74.42%
  • Awesome, but a few things are missing or overdone.

5 11.63%
  • Stay in Florida

6 13.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Star Wars Weekends

Hey all, DM here again. I was thinking that with the new Star Tours attractions, and the popularity of the Star Wars Weekends at WDW, I was thinking that there could be a SWW here in California. Here's a few of the main events that could happen:

Disneyland
    -Star Tours: The Adventures Conitnue (obviously)
    -Jedi Training Academy
    -Star Wars Chracters Meet-and-Greets in Innoventions
    -Star Wars Hyperspace Hoopla at Tomorrowland Terrace

California Adventure
    -Stormptroopers Pre-Show before opening similar to the one at DHS
    -New Star Wars themed night party to replace the tired TRON: Legacy theme of elecTRONica
    -Star Wars celebrity interviews at Hollywoodland in the old Millionaire building (I just use HL because the old name will be gone soon)
    -Star Wars Pre-Show to World of Color
    -Star Wars Vehicles scattered around that fit themes (i.e. X-wings or TIE Fighters in Condor Flats)

So what do you guys think? Post comments and thoughts below!

• Banned User

Re: Star Wars Weekends

This is LOOOOONNNGGG overdue for our resort. We should have had it years ago. All of this sounds great. WOC should definitely do Star Wars at some point. As well as a fireworks show.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    This is LOOOOONNNGGG overdue for our resort. We should have had it years ago. All of this sounds great. WOC should definitely do Star Wars at some point. As well as a fireworks show.
    rember dreams all has starwars in the the show
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

I voted "Awesome, but a few things are missing or overdone." but now that I think about it, I'd rather vote "YES!!!" I love Star Wars and I REALLY want to have character meet&greets and world of color would be awesome. When the pirates hype settles down we could cut that part back to it's original length and then add star wars to it

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    rember dreams all has starwars in the the show

Yes, I'm aware. But I meant an entire Star Wars fireworks show. Like the one WDW has for SW weekends

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

As well as a fireworks show.
    I know! Something like "Galaxy in the Stars" or "Believe...in the Force" because that's kinda how Disney does it

• Banned User

This would never happen, but I'd love a Star Wars overlay of Space Mountain similar to Ghost Galaxy. Star Tours is great, but actually being able to move as opposed to simulators would be really cool

• -

I think all this stuff would be cool. I have mentioned a couple of times on here how Spacemountain would be awesome with the star wars music.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

No. Believe or not, I don't want both parks to get random/temporary theming to one single franchise.

• Minion

Question, for those voting to keep it in Florida: Why? Is it that you want there to be a unique draw for WDW? Because I've always wanted DL to have at least a smaller version of the same event, because many people including myself, aren't going to go to WDW anytime soon.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Hot FIRE!

I WISH I could see SWW being brought here...course I'm biased as I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

...seriously

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I've wanted to see a Star Wars WOC since day day, would be great with the music playing and seeing stuff like Darth Maul on the middle screen then his lightsaber is turned on and it extends in both directions. Bada**

Besides that the music would be great along with some dialogue from the films and of course small touches like Stormtroopers roaming around would be icying on the cake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Question, for those voting to keep it in Florida: Why? Is it that you want there to be a unique draw for WDW? Because I've always wanted DL to have at least a smaller version of the same event, because many people including myself, aren't going to go to WDW anytime soon.
    I doubt you'll get one decent answer. There's no reason other than personal bias to not bring this here. In which case, no one's making you participate or go to the park those days. Same reason I avoid those cheerleader groups that come to the park. SO ANNOYING!!!

• Minion

I doubt you'll get one decent answer. There's no reason other than personal bias to not bring this here. In which case, no one's making you participate or go to the park those days. Same reason I avoid those cheerleader groups that come to the park. SO ANNOYING!!!
    Really, I'd hang out with the cheerleaders (I had a lot of friends in cheer in HS)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast